HELP: Broken Lola! (Otaku Body Repair?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klocket

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

i picked up a Lola figure yesterday from my LCS, all was going great just did some futzing here and there, when all of sudden her arm at the bicep joint broke...I have been looking all over the net for some sort of quick fix, even so far as to think about buying another darn body for her but i fear it wont match up (color wise to the head) and i sure as heck have NO IDEA about getting her boots off!

Anyway, here is a couple of pics of the damage:

100_7649.jpg

100_7648.jpg

The only plus side is it stays on with friction, but i just hate knowing it's broken. :(

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

M.

New body. That arm is fauked.

:lecture:lecture:lecture While the plastic used for the main body is sturdy as hell, the cheap plastic used for the pins and pegs is not. You're gonna have to buy a new Otaku. The bodies aren't really all that durable and replacement parts are near impossible. If you can go without nipples and labia on your figure, I'd suggest considering a transplant. An HT Female TT is out of the question as you won't be able to match the skin tone. Even their Caucasian is a darker tanned. So you'd be looking at a CyGirl body or something more durable.

New body. That arm is fauked.

Haha, i know! :p

:lecture:lecture:lecture While the plastic used for the main body is sturdy as hell, the cheap plastic used for the pins and pegs is not. You're gonna have to buy a new Otaku. The bodies aren't really all that durable and replacement parts are near impossible. If you can go without nipples and labia on your figure, I'd suggest considering a transplant. An HT Female TT is out of the question as you won't be able to match the skin tone. Even their Caucasian is a darker tanned. So you'd be looking at a CyGirl body or something more durable.

Thanks for the info, i was sure there must have been some sort or "screw/pin" repair out there somewhere...for basic posability.

I really don't like the Cy Girl Bodies, i like having the waist not be all articulated...i like the fact i can't really see any joints at all.

Do you know which Otaku might match color wise?

Why not take it back to where you bought it and get a refund? :dunno

They only had the one and i got it fairly cheap...so as much as i hate it being broken for the price i can tolerate it. ya know?

M.

I have had quite a few Otaku bodies, but I've never had one to break (yet!) but I have repaired some other bodies before. I can't tell alot from the pics, but would it be possible to dremel a small hole into the snapped peg and glue in a smaller peg or small plastic/metal rod into the center of the snapped peg?

That way it would still allow movement.

This is my first post, nice to meet you all, registered myself to post this since I have broken otaku 1.2 exactly on the same spot,

I have drilled and got the broken pieces out of the hole, and use a stainless screw mounted on the upper connection, and using the remaining thread to hold some epoxy at least now it has long friction based connection... and make somewhat easier to change clothes. I was tempted to break the other arm to make it even lol

I wonder why on that spot it doesn't have metal insert like the rest of the joints that supposedly have metal insert in v1.2

Here's the link you need, Klocket: Otaku repair thread. Basically, buying the Otakus or EVAs means learning to repair them. Triad is really a small group of enthusiasts who've managed to expand to the level of a real company...barely. They make strange decisions on plastic materials that seem highly experimental, have trouble with their factories, experience long delays, and leave their customers acting as beta testers. Their Alpha body line is much more durable and modular. But TTL is a fraction of the price and fine for most uses.

Back