Some questions about the Worldbox bodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegaglory1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all, I managed to nab a Hot Toys Terminator T800 at a decent price, it's a great figure but it suffered some damage while I was handling it. It broke at the waist! I've examined it to see if it can be repaired but the HT body is a pain to repair around that area without cutting into with a saw. There are eBay listings for a Worldbox AT027 body, this looks like a nice substitute body.

Two questions about this body. Is it large enough as a substitute for the T800? Can it be disassembled with a screwdriver? I'm asking the second question as I feel I may be able to use some parts from it to repair the HT body, in case the skin tone isn't a good match. It's a tough repair job but it could be doable.

World Box probably has just as many variants of figure bodies as TBLeague (they have 2 suitable styles for a T-800, 1 is 13" and the other is 12". AT-027 & AT-030, respectively).

I do believe like most other plastic bodies, it comes with capped (bung) spots where a screw resides. But also like others there is a softer plastic cover for the upper torso that encapsulates the shoulder mechanics. I'll see if I can get some pics for you.

None of the Worldbox bodies have a soft cover. They are all hard plastic, and probably the best jointed bodies on the market. Sturdy and heavy duty — unlike the garbage knockoff bodies.

Here’s a height comparison pic of some of their bodies:

238D31C9-22B2-4A93-A814-663FDC5CC183.jpeg

None of the Worldbox bodies have a soft cover. They are all hard plastic, and probably the best jointed bodies on the market. Sturdy and heavy duty — unlike the garbage knockoff bodies.

Here’s a height comparison pic of some of their bodies:

View attachment 593868
You're right - got home and checked it. If you want the parts (like the arms) you'd have to crack off the chest part of the torso first. I have experience placing things in the oven to soften them up to make them more pliable for cutting and trimming and that could work but - you'd be taking a risk there with a $60+ item.

Back