Hello, Introductions...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMc73

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi, let me introduce myself to this great forum. My name is Chris and I'm very new to SideShow collectibles. In fact I don't own any, yet.

I was turned onto this site and others by Reelism, a user on here, who has an entire collection of the 1/6 scale SS figures, I think.

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to start collecting these and see how it goes with my collecting habits and my wife! Ha. :chew

Anyway, I'll be asking lots of questions, since I'm very new to all the SideShow figures and everything in between...RAH, Medicom, Hot Toys, etc...

I'm trying to figure out this new upper eschelon of toy collecting, and so I'll need some guidance.

Thanks!
Chris

Welcome aboard mate!

from your avatar and choice of forum for your first post, I guess your into Star Wars.

What is your main focus?

What else are you into?

A word of advice, hide the receipts! Wives just don't get it!!!!

:peace

DG

Welcome aboard mate!

from your avatar and choice of forum for your first post, I guess your into Star Wars.

What is your main focus?

What else are you into?

A word of advice, hide the receipts! Wives just don't get it!!!!

:peace

DG

I really laughed out loud to your comment about hiding the receipts! OMG, thanks for that!

About how I got here...
Well, honestly, all my life I've loved action figures, started with Star Wars in 1977...Buck Rogers, GI Joe, etc...my Dad got me into these toys and I've always had a fascination in them. McFarlane Toys and the details he's put into his molds have woken me back up, and now I've been introduced to the world of some really nice "high end" stuff here with SidesShow and others (RAH, HotToys, Medicom etc...)

One of my problems is I have OCD when it comes to "sets" of figures, and I have to have complete sets...or my OCD kicks in...which hurts the bank accounts.

My focus...hard to say. I collected some of the Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars:pOTF stuff back in 1995/1996 and have some crates of that stuff up in the attic. I quit for a while while "growing up" and realized just recently that my collection was pretty worthless money wise; when the mass production ruined all the fun of "rareness" of that stuff. I've re-evaluated my "collecting" hobby and come to the conclusion I'm not in this to sell and make money, its about what is cool to me and what I want my son to be exposed to and what is going to be cool to them etc...so I'm collecting for me now, and my own values.

So I recently started collecting the "Galactic Heroes" line of Star Wars cause I like the cute "cartoony" nature of how they looked, with great detail. Still collect them a bit. Not so much the sets, just the figure two packs. I stumbled upon another "cartoony" line on the SideShow site; Darth Maul VCD Vinyl Collectible, not sure what the VCD stands for but there are more than just Darth Maul so I might have to have this set as well now!

I am also looking now to get complete sets of loose figures of The Clone War figures, the Animated set and the new Basic set. The animated set has 20 figures; and the basic set has 37. I want these so I can start playing with my new hobby of photographing action figures...

That is how I got here...looking online at others photographs, seeing the best ones were taking shots of the 1/6 scale or 12" figures, led me to these amazing high quality figure sites. And now my OCD wants me to have the entire SidesShow set of the 1/6 Star Wars figures.

But, I'm not just into Star Wars. I buy stuff I like; such as Spawn, Halo, Disney, etc...just kind of depends on the quality and detail and how the figure catches my eye. I do love Disney Pixar Films, Halo and other video games, oh and I have a big collection of Music Legends figures all done by McFarlane; Kiss, Doors, Metallica, Ozzy, AC/DC, and my most favorite; The Beatles! Music is another side passion so Music Figures only make sense!

Anway, thats the jist. I'm kind of just testing my "toe" in the water so to speak and will be glad to have you all along for the ride and to help point me in the right directions.

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome indeed my friend I hope you enjoy it!!

I am a Star Wars Geek and Freak and love it all. Any questions then fire away, I can normally be found lurking in the Star Wars Custom Figures & Dioramas.

Have you decided on your first figure yet?????

Its a very hard choice as there are so many brilliant ones to choose from.

And like DG says never leave any proof of how much you spend on your dollies lying about!!!!! She will be most annoyed LOL

:)

Just read your last post about wanting to photograph your dollies!!! Thats totally what I love. There are some amazing shots on the forum and some truly magnificent set ups, dios and I can not wait to see your stuff Chris.

Just read your last post about wanting to photograph your dollies!!! Thats totally what I love. There are some amazing shots on the forum and some truly magnificent set ups, dios and I can not wait to see your stuff Chris.

Are there any forums rooms where the discussion is about photographing them? I've got some going on my photography sites, but would love to find one here and get some tips/tricks.

I will for sure share my pics once I get my setup and start shooting, I had to buy a light box kit so I can get the cool effects control my shadows of the figures.

I'll be looking for you inputs!

Also on the question of my first figure...I'm really in love with the Side Show 1/6 scale stuff, and all the details. But I found a $70 Darth Maul
VCD Vinyl Collectible, with that cartoon look, that is really making me want to buy him first. He's not part of the 1/6 scale stuff which are more realistic to the actor; but very cool and detailed anyway.

Dorgmal Snow, your avatar pic is awesome. That is the kind of creative shots I want to start working on. Love it. I also need a creative display name; ChrisMc73 is boring.

Ok, and I might have just realized, I want to collect the VCD Vinyl Collectible Dolls versions of Star Wars and some others; they are like the bigger versions of "Galactic Heroes"...cartoony yet detailed. Nice!

Just now got to see your signature, since at the time I posted last to you it was hidden due to fact I was so noob and only had 4 posts, now that I'm in the thick of it, I get to see how well you did photograph this collection...

image.php

Ok, and I might have just realized, I want to collect the VCD Vinyl Collectible Dolls versions of Star Wars and some others; they are like the bigger versions of "Galactic Heroes"...cartoony yet detailed. Nice!

I've decided against this now, after a few days of serious consideration, I changed my mind back to the SS 12" figures...

So how to decide on the 1st one? How can I narrow it down?

Favorite of the movies? Empire Strikes Back

From there...its an entire universe of love.

Back