Hello from Toy Anxiety!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I would have loved a "Coming Soon" heads-up on those Star Wars restocks - a few hours late to the party means no joy. It would be great to get a coming notification on restocks, not just first time part-outs.

Whoever is doing the customs with the Leia Bespin heads on HT Yoda bodies, I hope you're happy.:monkey3:rotfl

:lol :rotfl :lol
That Yoda body is always the first part to go!

Speaking of hands, what is the deal with General Leia Organa's LEFT hands only? Plenty of right hands still to be bought, but no lefts...???? Did she come with only one left hand?

Last edited:
:lol :rotfl :lol
That Yoda body is always the first part to go!

I realizedthat the Yoda body would be too small for the Ewok custom I'm prepping anyway (might have been good for a Wicket, but I have him on order) so no big loss.

But yeah - no idea who's making lots of teeny-tiny 1/6 custom figs.:rotfl Yoda bodies used to grow fungus they'd sit so long but with this newest HT version it sells out faster than toilet paper and hand sanitizer combined.

I've kinda given up on the Leia Bespin head - in all the years I've bought stuff from TA I've never seen something go so fast. :horror My guess it's either $90 or $100 by now and still sells in sixty seconds.

Speaking of hands, what is the deal with General Leia Organa's LEFT hands only? Plenty of right hands still to be bought, but no lefts...???? Did she come with only one left hand?

No, the lefts have less varicose veins.:monkey3:lol

Yeah, I seem to recall there are more rights than lefts on that fig (extras like grip for holding pistol, pointer for Poe when he's mansplaining etc.)

HT certainly gave her super old-lady veins in her hands though. HT Ben and Tarkin's hands also looked like they were for a man 50 years older than either character. :dunno

HT certainly gave her super old-lady veins in her hands though. HT Ben and Tarkin's hands also looked like they were for a man 50 years older than either character. :dunno

I like the wrinkley hands. Old ppl shouldn't have the super smooth looking hands of ppl 20-30 years younger than them. They might seem too wrinkley to others but to me, I enjoy the differentiation. I used the Dooku hands (same as Old Ben, paler skin tone though) for my Jeff Bridges Kevin Flynn and that little bit just adds to the realism IMO.

*Update for 4/17/20*

Hot-Toys-Avengers-Infinity-War-Thor-001.jpg

The Great Restockening Continues!

Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War Thor!

Hot Toys Batman: Arkham Asylum - Joker!

Hot Toys AvP-R - Wolf Predator (Heavy Weaponry)!

Sideshow Batman (Golden Age)!

Coming Soon!

CC Toys Unexplored Nate (Uncharted Nathan Drake)

As always thanks for checking out our thread, the Freaks Rock! :rock

I like the wrinkley hands. Old ppl shouldn't have the super smooth looking hands of ppl 20-30 years younger than them. They might seem too wrinkley to others but to me, I enjoy the differentiation. I used the Dooku hands (same as Old Ben, paler skin tone though) for my Jeff Bridges Kevin Flynn and that little bit just adds to the realism IMO.

I know what you mean about differentiation and they are really well finished but Carrie had only just turned 60 when she died but HT gave TLJ Leia an 80 year old woman's hands, and Alec Guinness was more than five years younger than Mark Hamill is today (just 62...) when he played Ben in ANH - yet HT gave him the ancient mummy hands of a 90 year old.

April 2020 Entry

Rancor Keeper

Thanks so much to everyone posting their custom character creations and thanks to TA for so much awesomeness!

Attachments

• Rancor Keeper 1 finished.jpg
    Rancor Keeper 1 finished.jpg
    516.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Rancor Keeper 2 finished.jpg
    Rancor Keeper 2 finished.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 90
Oh Winston, the indignity...

But still a nice custom.
Best not to wait for the HT version.

Re: Toy Anxiety, incoming!!

Anymore Redfield breakdowns?