Hellboy - Nazi Uniform Kroenen. (complete)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booshman

Super Freak
Reaction score
3002596-1340268863kroenen.jpg

I want to put together a Nazi uniform version of the Kroenen. A lot of the threads I've found online are quite old and have outdated links and pictures that are offline. Hopefully some of you might have info that is a bit more up to date.

I'm starting with the regular Sideshow version as the SDCC version is much too expensive for what I want to pay.

sideshow.JPG

I've got the trench coat sorted I think, either this one from DiD
D80077-09.JPG

or this one from Hot Toys
T184lhFaJdXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_460x460.jpg

I'm having a hard time with the rest of the SS uniform tho. I could get either this one from Pop Toys
POP-X07-2.jpg

Or this one from Toys City
tc62019c-z.jpg

Both are the right style and look good, but I really want to find a leather outfit and hat to match the what's seen on screen. The closest I've been able to find is this Panzer outfit, but the collar on the jacket isn't accurate and it has regular trousers instead of breeches.
T1TeXaXnsfeJD1upjX.jpg_460x460.jpg

I also want to switch out the body. I know a lot of people of who have done this have used a truetype, does anyone know specifically which TT would be a good match?

Finally, I want to find something I could used for the blades that come out from the sleeves.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated. Feel free to post pics of your Kroenen too if you have one, I'd like to see them.

Re: Hellboy - Nazi Uniform Kroenen. (Looking for parts)

The DiD one I have (can't remember who it's from) is green as well... there is a really good black one that I used on my figure, but for the life of me I can't recall where it came from and I've since sold off the figure :lol

Be aware that the DiD trench is green.

It has a green hue in the image

The DiD one I have (can't remember who it's from) is green as well... there is a really good black one that I used on my figure, but for the life of me I can't recall where it came from and I've since sold off the figure :lol

Cheers for the info. I've had it confirmed as green from the seller. Wouldn't have had a clue had I just gone by the picture.

Might get this one:

TC trench.jpg

I found this that might work for the under jacket. It's not great, but it's the best match I've gotten so far:

jacket.jpg

Keep posting what you find as I've always wanted one too, though I'm going to have to source the head or make one

Keep posting what you find as I've always wanted one too, though I'm going to have to source the head or make one

I will keep this updated as I go.

For the mask, you could buy the sideshow version. As it comes with 2 masks, you could use one for the Nazi version, and the Venetian one with the wind up chest piece outfit, for the death of Prof Broom scene look. That's my plan anyway. Got the figure on eBay for less than $60 which will hopefully make for a nice 2 figure Kroenen display.

venetarmor.jpg

Ok so I finally got all of the bits and pieces together to finish this figure.

I started with a couple of new bodies, Soldier Story B001, $10 each.

ssb001.jpg

I repainted the chest piece on the Sideshow figure I bought to $59 and switched out the body to create the Venetian mask look

3.jpg

Then to create the Nazi look, I took the other Soldier Story body along with the the spare gas mask that came with the Sideshow figure and added:

Toys City 62019 (Hat/ medals/ dagger/ belt/ boots) - $46
toys city 62019.jpg

DID shirt - $3
DID shirt.jpg

Toys City Panzer leather trousers (preowned) - $3
Toys city panzer.jpg

Leather Jacket - buttons repainted silver (preowned) - $5
under jacket.jpg

DID medal - $3
DID medal.jpg

Toys City overcoat (preowned) - $8
toys city jacket.jpg

Balaclava - $5
balaclava.jpg

DX08 Joker open hands - repainted black - $5
joker hands.jpg

Hot Toys Spirit fisted hands - $3
spirit hands.jpg

The blades from 2 letter openers - $10

I put it all together and ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

Turns out the hat is a bit small to fit on the gas mask, so I had to split it up the back, but I'm pretty happy with what I put together. 2 pretty great figures of an awesome character for around $160 plus some shipping.

Back