• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But come on. You have a guy with neutral feedback warning and a link to the posts describing what happened, you have to take the responsibility for what is ultimately a gamble.

I agree. Even though I'm in the loosing end this time. The open market has risks, and while I lost this time, I've still benefited over my lifetime buying off the internet. This is the second bad experience I've had in dozens of transactions over the internet. I learn a little each time, sure, but I don't want the system to go into lock down.

I think the best thing we can do is keep leaving positive, neutral, and negative feedback. Don't overblow decent sellers into great sellers and always be honest about bad or slightly ackward experiences.

Last edited:
3 weeks is no big deal. (really, i mean its ebay :duh) but 2 months to mail a simple figure is really asking too much.

Yes, it is ebay. But...when you spend that much money on something that you would consider your grail, it is definitely nerve-racking. I wasn't interested in a "pity me" party.

What I wanted to get across was: is it too much to ask for people to send you the items you paid for in a timely manner? Or at least keep you updated? I think this especially applies to this situation with CF. We are in a forum where people know each other much better than the strangers we deal with on eBay. It is more insuling when bad stuff happens here.

:peace

And that is really why what Cap'nF (I will stop using CF out of respect for my buddy carbo-fation) did to Prog is so annoying. He promised to both of us that this figure was going out---I would say he swore an oath that it would--- so for him to not follow through is cheating Prog and insulting to both of us. It is a violation of trust.

In his last pm to me he said that he was prolly getting kicked out of his apartment... so I am sure something similar will be his excuse for not shipping but who cares at this point? At least have the courtesy to let the seller know whats going on for their own sanity's sake. In fact, that would explain why he hasn't logged on since the 7th.
:dunno

I'm not enjoying the thought of Captain finally logging onto Freaks and seeing this thread...but I do feel "I did what I had to do".

I'm not enjoying the thought of Captain finally logging onto Freaks and seeing this thread...but I do feel "I did what I had to do".

Its gonna like a giant knife in his back to him, but IMO he put it there with his own hand.

Being a bad seller doesnt make you a bad person, Cap just ^^^^ed up, thats all.

We have all ^^^^ed up before, dont take this thread to personally Cap.

Careful King. You are going to get a barrage of "don't defend him, he is a bad guy" responce posts. :lol

Careful King. You are going to get a barrage of "don't defend him, he is a bad guy" responce posts. :lol

I dont give a ^^^^ :lol

Cap ^^^^ed up, bottom line. Doesnt mean he is a horrible guy, just means he shouldnt sell here ever again.

And it also means he should sport a Tonner avatar forever!

More likely we'll just do what some other boards do - prohibit commerce at all or charge for the previlege.

So let me get this straight....noone else has to send Dave pictures of their bare chest in his "pose of the month" to be able to sell here?

DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont give a ^^^^ :lol

Cap ^^^^ed up, bottom line. Doesnt mean he is a horrible guy, just means he shouldnt sell here ever again.

And it also means he should sport a Tonner avatar forever!

Yup. I am afraid this is true. :lecture

(I hope somebody saved it, I can't find it anymore :lol)

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

That should be a new rule:

Codes of Conduct:

• If any user fails to make payment or send off item in a reasonable amount of time without contacting the buyer or seller, then this user is deemed to wear the dreaded, hidious, yet oddly luringly attractive Tonner Avatar for an amount of time deemed by the board administration and the hurt parties

should this be moved to another thread? It has taken a life of it's own.

Thats hilarious, Tonner avatar of shame :lol
I can totally understand why you upset, people have probs everyone does, but if you make a sale then it should be honoured and 2 months with no product or contact from him is out of order imo.

Cap if you are reading these messages please just pm or email your buyers, let them know whats happening.
x :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back