• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Heads up on Captain Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A "negative experience" is very open to interpretation. It is not my policy to award feedbacks for the odd transaction where things didn't go as planned.

However, when it is apparrant that bad transaction practices are more the rule than the exception (as it now appears with CF) than I believe a negative is warranted.

But come on. You have a guy with neutral feedback warning and a link to the posts describing what happened, you have to take the responsibility for what is ultimately a gamble.

I think its a very askew point of view of the hundreds of successful transactions which occur on this board every month, to say it looks lke MP is "winning again". We have a great board community and it is inevitable that we should hit a bump once in a while.

Yes, that is what I mean, should the commerce section going to be closed, all these good trades will no longer be possible.
Not?

And yes, this is a great community, I visit it almost every day and have great fun reading here (my posts are less, but that is because of the language barrier (grammar))

I raised a point in a sandbox thread I started about the number of posts before you can being selling/buying. This just goes to prove that it doesn't matter how many posts a person has to flake on a deal.
I joined a forum the other day to just sell some items. didn't need to have any posts to be able to sell and I took over £500 in about 4hours. I didn't know any of the members on the board, and they didn't know me.
I sent their parcels out the next day, and they received them the day after. I still kept in contact with them to make sure they got the parcels and that the items were what they expected.
It doesn't take alot to keep in touch with someone after you have taken their money. I would expect the same level of courtesy from someone I was buying from.

Very well put.

A "negative experience" is very open to interpretation. It is not my policy to award feedbacks for the odd transaction where things didn't go as planned.

However, when it is apparrant that bad transaction practices are more the rule than the exception (as it now appears with CF) than I believe a negative is warranted.

But come on. You have guy with neutral feedback warning and a link to the posts describing what happened, you have to take the responsibility for what is ultimately a gamble.

Very true. That's why Captain Green Print didn't get any of my money for his admittedly excellent looking cloaks.

In any case, this is not the proper forum to discuss these rules. If you wish to further discuss ethics in commerce, I suggest you start your own thread. Otherwise please stay on topic folks. :peace

I still like the guy, but yeah he should make good on a deal. Even good guys can make bad moves. This is definitely a bad move. Pay up bro. Don't ignore this. Trust me, in a few months once you have done the right thing, this will pass. People may remember, but hey, just make certain this doesn't happen again. Just don't hide and hope that will make the problem go away.

This won't pass anymore than Balrog did. Making it right though is essential to any further time on this board without him being branded a thief.

One of the few that is spot on perfect. Gotta say SS has made the most of it's marvel line though. Most everything is top drawer.

Pajamas, top drawer...you have a thing for clothing don't you? Are you a fashion designer?

Seriously though, that PF rocks my socks! Oh crap, now you got me going.

It'll take a good explanation to get CF off the hook. He has made deals before and knows how to post a parcel. He has let circumstances dictate to him in the past and he has fallen into the exact same hole again. You make mistakes to learn. Not to make them again and pray to the lord things will work out okay.

If a parcel you send, gets returned, you communicate to the buyer to check the accuracy of the details, not just send it off again. CF just isn't that dumb. He accepted money, and that money is first and foremost used to ship the item out. It's not his money till he does that, and hears from the buyer the item has arrived. Then the transaction is complete and he can spend it.

There's alot of people that like CF, and have lent him a hand, when he needed it, but he has really dropped the ball this time. He has gotten his fair share of chances, and has metaphorically, spat in peoples faces with this latest escapade. His MO was the same as last time, if I recall. Negligence, followed by absence.

I'd have to agree that he shouldn't be allowed to trade, for his own good. He isn't financially competent. He's been in situations where he hasn't been able to eat, and that leads to desperation, and an illogical thought process. Actions speak louder than good intentions and bad behaviour needs consequences.

It'll take a good explanation to get CF off the hook. He has made deals before and knows how to post a parcel. He has let circumstances dictate to him in the past and he has fallen into the exact same hole again. You make mistakes to learn. Not to make them again and pray to the lord things will work out okay.

If a parcel you send, gets returned, you communicate to the buyer to check the accuracy of the details, not just send it off again. CF just isn't that dumb. He accepted money, and that money is first and foremost used to ship the item out. It's not his money till he does that, and hears from the buyer the item has arrived. Then the transaction is complete and he can spend it.

There's alot of people that like CF, and have lent him a hand, when he needed it, but he has really dropped the ball this time. He has gotten his fair share of chances, and has metaphorically, spat in peoples faces with this latest escapade. His MO was the same as last time, if I recall. Negligence, followed by absence.

I'd have to agree that he shouldn't be allowed to trade, for his own good. He isn't financially competent. He's been in situations where he hasn't been able to eat, and that leads to desperation, and an illogical thought process. Actions speak louder than good intentions and bad behaviour needs consequences.

When things like this happen, you wonder how much of the other stuff, ie needing money for food is true.

Hi guys. Not to side anyone but i think we should give this a rest of sorts and not let the action of one individual cause so much negativity on the board.

He's acted in bad faith and monies might be lost. It would be unfortunate if his actions also cost us the positive spirit the board has.

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back