HCG T-800 Half Size Endo Bust (SCANS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys...I just received my T-800 1:2 bust, and set it up last night. Awesome piece for sure. Couple of quick questions though for the folks that own it...

Did anyone have trouble mounting the plasma rifles to the arms? I had a heckuva time with the right gun. I had to enlarge the holes, otherwise the gun did not line up properly with the pins. And because of this, the gun doesn't seem terribly secure with the pins. Just hope I don't bump the thing one day!

And also, is it normal for the finish to have black (almost grease-like) marks throughout the bust? Looking at some of the pictures that have been posted, it's hard to tell whether they're all effected in that regard. The stuff certainly doesn't wipe off. I guess I'm wondering whether the "chrome" on mine has been applied in a sloppy fashion.

The bust was certainly brand-new, and it's my first Sideshow piece so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for any feedback...:)

This weeks newsletter has the 1:2 Endo bust on Flexpay for 4 months and there 1:2 Endo with legs and double the price still with 3 months to pay. WTH. I really want the bust with legs and a extra month to pay would be great. You think it would be worth SS to add a extra month for a piece that was double the price instead of adding it to the bust?

This piece is nice and I like the concept alot. Waist up with duel PLASMA rifles has a wow factor. On the negative side and what is probably gonna keep me from getting this is I personally feel HCG dropped the ball on the NECK cables and the TEETH. If they would have just went the little extra and put the proper neck cables even I might of been able to overlook the bad teeth job and pulled the trigger and picked it up. As for the guys who are haters of the CM T800 please tell me besides the pose(which is the opening scene of T2 just look at my sig line) what you don't like about this amazing piece. I love mine and it is without a doubt the CENTERPIECE of my collection.Thanks much , Mike:

IMG_1014.jpg

Hey guys...I just received my T-800 1:2 bust, and set it up last night. Awesome piece for sure. Couple of quick questions though for the folks that own it...

Did anyone have trouble mounting the plasma rifles to the arms? I had a heckuva time with the right gun. I had to enlarge the holes, otherwise the gun did not line up properly with the pins. And because of this, the gun doesn't seem terribly secure with the pins. Just hope I don't bump the thing one day!

And also, is it normal for the finish to have black (almost grease-like) marks throughout the bust? Looking at some of the pictures that have been posted, it's hard to tell whether they're all effected in that regard. The stuff certainly doesn't wipe off. I guess I'm wondering whether the "chrome" on mine has been applied in a sloppy fashion.

The bust was certainly brand-new, and it's my first Sideshow piece so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for any feedback...:)

I just received mine yesterday and put it up today. The gun on the right arm is a pain in the butt, this a very, very common problem with this piece. You may have to ask SS for a replacement arm on this, with gun.

Yes, it is natural to have the grease-like marks as far as I know, they are part of the make-up of the Endo. I know it is a paint app, because there was some of it that ended up on the name plate, which looked like a chrome chip. But after using my finger nail to flake it off, the chrome was underneath it.

As I noted up above, I received mine just yesterday and put it up today.

My comments are based on the fact that I have had the opportunity to own the SS Terminator 1:4 PF scale, CM Terminator 1:3 scale, HCG 1:2 Full Body scale, and now the HCG 1:2 Bust Half Body scale.

The one which I no longer own is the SS 1:4 PF scale. I have all the others, the 1:2 Full Body is currently being replaced because the eyes do not light up.

Comments on the HCG 1:2 Bust Half Body Scale:

Impressive weight to the sculpt, when you touch it, it actually feels like metal, the base is heavy and it needs to be when you add the arms and articulate them with the guns to a high position.

The lights work super well. My one major gripe I have is that the blue lights always pulsate. While this is neat for the first few minutes, I would have liked the option to just have the eyes light up, or have the steady blue lights with the lit up eyes. I cannot believe, for piece like this, that there is no option like that, especially since terminators have been done before, and at this price point.

Now, having said this, I am hoping someone reading this post is going to say: "Hey Bats, you numbskull, the HCG 1:2 Half Body Scale does have this options, the way you do this is ... " I am really hoping that I have missed this, please point it out and how to do this if I have.

I am not impressed either with the right arm not fitting properly to the gun, I had to seperate at the knuckle of the right finger to get the gun in. I chose to do this instead of drilling a larger hole, as it looks natural enough, but will ask SS to replace this.
This bust has some cool features: One the articulating arms, very cool indeed to pose them. The double guns, well thought out.

Another is the cpu chip in the skull actually comes out of the skull. Nice touch to HCG on this.

The paint apps finish is excellent, with grease marks appropriately put in the right places. Really make this piece stand out super well.

Of all of these that I own, my two favorites are the SS PF 1:4, which I loved because of it's fantastic articulation, and the CM 1:3, which is a dynamic and dynamite representation of the CM. I sold my SS 1:4, because after I received my CM, I just liked it's overall size better. The CM sculpt is superb, I just wish it had more articulation like SS, and perhaps a clean shiny chrome finish. The CM one is NOT battle-damaged, it just has "leftovers" of the Arnies skin come off, and by this I don't mean there is skin, but rather like small areas of what it would look like to peel of silicone android skin if you will. I am torn between having the CM "cleaned" shiny like a fellow member has done or leaving it like it is because it looks so darn real.

I will have to decide which pieces to keep in the near future. I know right now, the CM will stay. The HCG 1:2 Full Body will stay if it looks like SS will continue doing 1:2 sculpts. The HCG 1:2 bust may be what I decide to sell in the future, as I do not have any line is this, and it does not appear SS will do bust with half bodies at 1:2. But I will keep it for a while as I see what is coming down the line.

Amin and Chewie, you guys have this bust.

What is with the blue pulsating lights? Is there a switch to turn them off, or just make them not pulsate?

Nope. During preorder they were stated as seperate but they in fact operate simultaneously. Sucks but i'm use to it now.

Nope. During preorder they were stated as seperate but they in fact operate simultaneously. Sucks but i'm use to it now.

Ok thanks Voorzhees, I was hoping I was missing something.

IMO, this is a major disappointment in this piece as it drive me nuts when I put it against other statues.

I have to select which two of the terminators I keep. At this point, it looks like this is the one that will go. Too bad, because the sculpt itself is absolutely gorgeous.

My CM T-X has a 3 way switch that allows PULSE or SOLID BLUE LIGHTS. A very cool feature HCG could have used. Just one more reason the HGC will most likely not be in the collection.

I have this one too, and know what you mean. I guess I just expected, that this late in the game, HCG would have included that. I did not even bother to ask.

I just received mine yesterday and put it up today. The gun on the right arm is a pain in the butt, this a very, very common problem with this piece. You may have to ask SS for a replacement arm on this, with gun.

Yes, it is natural to have the grease-like marks as far as I know, they are part of the make-up of the Endo. I know it is a paint app, because there was some of it that ended up on the name plate, which looked like a chrome chip. But after using my finger nail to flake it off, the chrome was underneath it.

I certainly appreciate the reply Batman. It really is an outstanding piece, but like others have mentioned before, it does seem to be a little on the small side. It looks completely lost in my family room.

And I too wish it had the ability to just light up the eyes. The flashing blue lights are a neat effect, but it does get tiring after a while.

Another is the cpu chip in the skull actually comes out of the skull. Nice touch to HCG on this.

Seriously, the chip comes out of the skull? I did not know this, and I've yet to see anyone even mention that it does. Even Sideshow doesn't disclose this feature.

What do you use to remove it? Looks like it would be awfully small.

Seriously, the chip comes out of the skull? I did not know this, and I've yet to see anyone even mention that it does. Even Sideshow doesn't disclose this feature.

well how about that !!!

I just tried it and it does come out of the skull :cool:

very cool feature!

IMO, it is not as small as one may think. When facing the skull face to face, on your left side, front lobe, that then would be the right front lobe of the T-800 it can be removed. Use a small tooth pick just to pry out the circle enough to put your fingers around it.

well how about that !!!

I just tried it and it does come out of the skull :cool:

very cool feature!

Fel, good to chat with you again buddy. I found it by accident, when I tipped it on its side it fell out, but did not break.:lol

I certainly appreciate the reply Batman. It really is an outstanding piece, but like others have mentioned before, it does seem to be a little on the small side. It looks completely lost in my family room.

And I too wish it had the ability to just light up the eyes. The flashing blue lights are a neat effect, but it does get tiring after a while.

I may just cover the blue lights, be creative with it somehow.

IMO, it is not as small as one may think. When facing the skull face to face, on your left side, front lobe, that then would be the right front lobe of the T-800 it can be removed. Use a small tooth pick just to pry out the circle enough to put your fingers around it.

I think you accidentally stumbled across something that none of us knew about. :banana

So why on earth doesn't Sideshow mention this cool, little feature? It might help them to finally sell out of this piece!

This piece is nice and I like the concept alot. Waist up with duel PLASMA rifles has a wow factor. On the negative side and what is probably gonna keep me from getting this is I personally feel HCG dropped the ball on the NECK cables and the TEETH. If they would have just went the little extra and put the proper neck cables even I might of been able to overlook the bad teeth job and pulled the trigger and picked it up. As for the guys who are haters of the CM T800 please tell me besides the pose(which is the opening scene of T2 just look at my sig line) what you don't like about this amazing piece. I love mine and it is without a doubt the CENTERPIECE of my collection.Thanks much , Mike:

IMG_1014.jpg

That is the greatest T2 collectible ever made.

I'm still pissed on myself that I didnt buy the CM T800 for 1300$ a long time ago, but I was new to collecting and didnt realize its awesomeness :(

Back