HCG Alien Queen life size wallburster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, not worried about vertical dimensions, I have plenty of space in that respect. My dilemma is width...since the Queen will be mounted next to a vertical Murphy Bed (in my small man cave)

Thanks, guys!

But I’m still a tad confused...

How wide is exactly the square sculpture?

The Chaver, if the mounting holes are 16 inches apart...and if the mounting hole to edge is near 4 inches...

Then that makes the total width 24 inches.

But INFECDEAD states that the width is 27 inches.

I thought the sculpture was 32 inches wide...

Not sure about the ends near the holes, but the center has to be 16” unless they planned to have people to do all this carpentry and drywall work in order to mount this thing. Lol.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on exact measurements of the wall plaque. If you have an idea of where it’s going to go, just give yourself a little more room. Screw it, figure for 32”

It may not be able to go exactly where you want it because of the studs in wall not lining up. They mostly never will, unless you get lucky. Lol.

It’s possible that the whole wall plaque will go 6” or more to the left or to the right.

Is it going in a tight spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure about the ends near the holes, but the center has to be 16” unless they planned to have people to do all this carpentry and drywall work in order to mount this thing. Lol.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on exact measurements of the wall plaque. If you have an idea of where it’s going to go, just give yourself a little more room. Screw it, figure for 32”

It may not be able to go exactly where you want it because of the studs in wall not lining up. They mostly never will, unless you get lucky. Lol.

It’s possible that the whole wall plaque will go 6” or more to the left or to the right.

:lol

Yeah, very tight spot...as my collection room is full of dispayable shelves.

But found one spot for her...I’m going to have to move my Einstein canvas elsewhere...

46416914795_7b09fa220b_c_d.jpg

I was trying to hang her on a different location, but the wall studs didn’t align quite right. She does in this spot, as I found two wall studs on the right 16 inch space you said. The only problem, the Queen is 20 inches deep...so to get into the bathroom...you are going to have to bow a tad, hey, I look at it this way...you should always Bow to the Queen, lol.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Yeah, very tight spot...as my collection room is full of dispayable shelves.

But found one spot for her...I’m going to have to move my Einstein canvas elsewhere...

46416914795_7b09fa220b_c_d.jpg

I was trying to hang her on a different location, but the wall studs didn’t align quite right. She does in this spot, as I found two wall studs on the right 16 inch space you said. The only problem, the Queen is 20 inches deep...so to get into the bathroom...you are going to have to bow a tad, hey, I look at it this way...you should always Bow to the Queen, lol.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Oh, if you hang a book shelf there that would work by the window corner. There’s definitely 16” in that corner.

Use cabinets screws. Makes hanging them a lot easier than normal wood or drywall screws.

Book shelves are easy to do. You don’t even have to cut the material. Just have it all cut at the mill to exact specs and you just slap it together and finish it.

The measurements I gave are correct. 695mm wide, 100mm holes from each side (gap in middle 495mm).
I only have one stud, off centre where I want to put mine so I'm mounting a 70x90cm board to the stud and affixing the queen to the board.

The measurements I gave are correct. 695mm wide, 100mm holes from each side (gap in middle 495mm).
I only have one stud, off centre where I want to put mine so I'm mounting a 70x90cm board to the stud and affixing the queen to the board.

Yeah, that’s 20” from hole to hole.

Get out your power tools everyone. [emoji23]

20 inch between holes is not going to work for me. I may have to cancel my Queen then, what a bummer...

Why in the world would HCG go against standard 16 inch wall studs? Unless everything outside the U.S. is different...but then they would be losing a market of 300 million people...doesn’t make sense...

They could’ve fabricated the back of the sculpture with various mounting hole options, seriously...

You could still do it at 20” apart. Without having to get to the other stud guys.

You’d have to use the board technique or bookshelf ideas though.

All you need to catch one stud top bottom and maybe middle if you’re paranoid.

I’m starting to get it, but what a hassle.

If you could post pictures once placed...that would rule!!!

:clap

You could still do it at 20” apart. Without having to get to the other stud guys.

You’d have to use the board technique or bookshelf ideas though.

All you need to catch one stud top bottom and maybe middle if you’re paranoid.

I like your idea...may still not cancel order.

Thanks, brother!

So the listed dimensions of 37”x32” (on the website) are with the Queen’s protruding/extending fingers.

How you like your Queen?

How you like your Queen?
I have mixed feelings... For the price, the accuracy is atrocious and the quality mediocre.
If I ignore that it does have great presence at least. It should be on my wall this weekend.
Did you keep your order?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’m on my third payment.

Can’t wait to see how you mount it...get some pointers from you.

Thanks!

Back