Have you received your Simply Toys money back yet for cancelled XM products??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone calm down. Those who have not yet received their refunds back should be getting it shortly. Just received information that they added additional hours on their employees to resolve this issue. The last message I got back stated that they are receiving over 2k emails daily. I received my refund back so stay calm fellas...

Not for nothing, this is exactly what every company says when they are having trouble and just before going under. Mothers basement anyone? They are always supposedly inundated with too many emails, say they are hiring more staff, blah, blah blah. A few people who get 'make goods' seem to convince others to hang tight and get strung along.

If you are in a window to get a refund through whatever means, use it before it closes.

Wow. This just screams "trouble." I mean I get it, but yeah, no way in heck I'm doing that with an item like an XM piece or any collectible for that matter. :lol

Thanks for filling me in. Had no idea this existed.

Yeah, I had heard 'whispers' so thought I would check it out. I am not the biggest XM fan, but like some of their stuff and don't like being locked out either, especially at retail price, but that has 'bad idea' written all over it.

Not for nothing, this is exactly what every company says when they are having trouble and just before going under. Mothers basement anyone? They are always supposedly inundated with too many emails, say they are hiring more staff, blah, blah blah. A few people who get 'make goods' seem to convince others to hang tight and get strung along.

If you are in a window to get a refund through whatever means, use it before it closes.

Yeah, I had heard 'whispers' so thought I would check it out. I am not the biggest XM fan, but like some of their stuff and don't like being locked out either, especially at retail price, but that has 'bad idea' written all over it.

Couldn't agree more. When it comes to hard earned money on the line, I think it's better to err on the side of the caution. I've almost gotten taken to the 'cleaners' once because of a similar situation. In hindsight, gave the seller WAY too much benefit of the doubt. Not saying this company is trying to scam people, but I also don't think it's wrong to get some answers sooner rather than later.

Nothing. Im going to keep my order and wait. Hopefully I can arrange a pick up when my order is ready.

Sent from my XT910

Yea, will see. Got my Black Widow from ST. Fortunately it is just one more piece with them. You never really know how a business operates until there is a problem. Just about anyone can take care of things when everything is smooth.

Simple Toys took care of my situation... So I'm all good... I will say it took awhile but they did come through for me...

Hope you guys get your refunds soon.....

I don't see the problem with any of these solutions from an XM business standpoint. As long as an approved address is the recipient of the item, nothing wrong or even shady has occurred. It's no different than buying them from Singapore sellers on eBay. Billing address is meaningless. It's all about where possession is taken of the product, and in all these cases, that would be in an approved country. Their is nothing in these licensing agreements forbidding 3rd party import/export.

The problem is it violates the licensing agreement. It's the kinda stuff that got them into trouble to start with. And the stuff that got big in Japan in trouble. The company's with licensing agreements are told that any type of work around by them or a known work around they support, is a violation of agreement. They may get away with it for a short time, but if(or when, beciase someone that wants the license or competes with their product will dime them out) marvel finds out and they lose the license they will be done. That type of reputation in the industry will kill them. They lose any Disney product. DC can void the agreement too. Even if it's not their product, it's their business practices. As can others. It's just stupid for a business to do this stuff. Licensing agreements are no joke. And it's part of why PI lost the 1/6 and why XM is having trouble. They used the fox marvel rumors to make it seem like it was not their fault or was some other issue but that's just not the way it happened. And I can't see why they would risk the problems it would bring to violate even the spirit of the license

The problem is it violates the licensing agreement. It's the kinda stuff that got them into trouble to start with. And the stuff that got big in Japan in trouble. The company's with licensing agreements are told that any type of work around by them or a known work around they support, is a violation of agreement. They may get away with it for a short time, but if(or when, beciase someone that wants the license or competes with their product will dime them out) marvel finds out and they lose the license they will be done. That type of reputation in the industry will kill them. They lose any Disney product. DC can void the agreement too. Even if it's not their product, it's their business practices. As can others. It's just stupid for a business to do this stuff. Licensing agreements are no joke. And it's part of why PI lost the 1/6 and why XM is having trouble. They used the fox marvel rumors to make it seem like it was not their fault or was some other issue but that's just not the way it happened. And I can't see why they would risk the problems it would bring to violate even the spirit of the license

I highly doubt these things are in any way a problem for XM and their licensing agreement. Their official distributors were shipping product directly outside of the licensing zone; that was a big problem. Having freight forwarded and/or shipped to a 3rd party in a licensed country before being shipped outside is no big deal and is all part of the business of import/export no matter the licensing. XM's issues were way more direct.

If you want a barometer, use Amazon as an example since they are probably the biggest exporter of goods. Being in the US, I can buy anything from Amazon.co.uk, but many things, especially electronics, can not be shipped to the US by Amazon due to licensing restrictions, so I just need to ship it to a UK address. From there, they couldn't care less what happens to the product.

I highly doubt these things are in any way a problem for XM and their licensing agreement. Their official distributors were shipping product directly outside of the licensing zone; that was a big problem. Having freight forwarded and/or shipped to a 3rd party in a licensed country before being shipped outside is no big deal and is all part of the business of import/export no matter the licensing. XM's issues were way more direct.

If you want a barometer, use Amazon as an example since they are probably the biggest exporter of goods. Being in the US, I can buy anything from Amazon.co.uk, but many things, especially electronics, can not be shipped to the US by Amazon due to licensing restrictions, so I just need to ship it to a UK address. From there, they couldn't care less what happens to the product.

Freight forwarding isn't allowed either

You may doubt it, but I don't. The way the licensing works any intentional work around is a violation, and it is the responsibility of the license holder to monitor and supervise their own dist network and retailers. Comparing it to Amazon is different. First, electronic license is an entirely different type of license. It's just not a good comparison.

You are wrong m8 this is EXACTLY why the major crackdown happened, and why people need to shut up about how they get their XM products when they shouldn't be. If XM finds out about violations they are suppose to shut it down.

You may doubt it, but I don't. The way the licensing works any intentional work around is a violation, and it is the responsibility of the license holder to monitor and supervise their own dist network and retailers. Comparing it to Amazon is different. First, electronic license is an entirely different type of license. It's just not a good comparison.

Exactly...I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Anyone who has been a party to a licensing agreement or has reviewed an executed licensing agreement understands there is very specific language regarding the responsibilities of the licensee and the ability to sell the intellectual property of the licensor within a defined sales territory. These agreements are crafted to protect the licensor's best interest...and a well crafted licensing agreements will contain minimal loopholes which favor the licensee.

Back