Have you received your Simply Toys money back yet for cancelled XM products??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What the heck is Skyrunner? :lol

I googled it and got a Disney movie. :lol

Ehhh...It is a really thinly veiled way to obtain a Singapore address and have your orders forwarded. They still havent revealed what they are charging for this service either. Seems a little sketchy.

On another note, do you guys want to see them lose their licensing? Because I gotta think that sort of thing like skyrunner may be the straw that broke the camels back. Seems pretty blatant, and also easy to rip people off that way.

a shipping.jpg

Ehhh...It is a really thinly veiled way to obtain a Singapore address and have your orders forwarded. They still havent revealed what they are charging for this service either. Seems a little sketchy.

On another note, do you guys want to see them lose their licensing? Because I gotta think that sort of thing like skyrunner may be the straw that broke the camels back. Seems pretty blatant, and also easy to rip people off that way.

View attachment 198868

I don't see the problem with any of these solutions from an XM business standpoint. As long as an approved address is the recipient of the item, nothing wrong or even shady has occurred. It's no different than buying them from Singapore sellers on eBay. Billing address is meaningless. It's all about where possession is taken of the product, and in all these cases, that would be in an approved country. Their is nothing in these licensing agreements forbidding 3rd party import/export.

I don't see the problem with any of these solutions from an XM business standpoint. As long as an approved address is the recipient of the item, nothing wrong or even shady has occurred. It's no different than buying them from Singapore sellers on eBay. Billing address is meaningless. It's all about where possession is taken of the product, and in all these cases, that would be in an approved country. Their is nothing in these licensing agreements forbidding 3rd party import/export.

You are claiming a bogus Singapore address with this service. skyrunner intercepts your order on your behalf and then ships to your real location. You (meaning the buyer) are the one with the bogus address. There is no 3rd party.

How is this in anyway legit? Seriously I want to know, because I was interested as well, but this seems even worse than having legit toy stores ignoring the restrictions or using grey area middle men. Also, as a buyer, seems like you are setting yourself up and committing...fraud?

Seems a big risk on everybodies part. What am I missing?

You are claiming a bogus Singapore address with this service. skyrunner intercepts your order on your behalf and then ships to your real location. You (meaning the buyer) are the one with the bogus address. There is no 3rd party.

How is this in anyway legit? Seriously I want to know, because I was interested as well, but this seems even worse than having legit toy stores ignoring the restrictions or using grey area middle men. Also, as a buyer, seems like you are setting yourself up and committing...fraud?

Sorry. It's my fault for not researching it further because I have no need for it. I assumed it was simply a service that accepted delivery and then forwarded it. If it's really more of a spoof, it could be more grey area, as you mentioned. I still don't think it is any problem for XM's license, though. It would be more down to the individual going out of their way to subvert the license agreements, not XM. Them just ignoring their distributors shipping all over the world, on the other hand, was pretty blatant.

*Okay. I went to the web site...or should I say blog. I agree with you, I don't know how anyone would trust that.

Last edited:
Sorry. It's my fault for not researching it further because I have no need for it. I assumed it was simply a service that accepted delivery and then forwarded it. If it's really more of a spoof, it could be more grey area, as you mentioned. I still don't think it is any problem for XM's license, though. It would be more down to the individual going out of their way to subvert the license agreements, not XM. Them just ignoring their distributors shipping all over the world, on the other hand, was pretty blatant.

They are claiming an awful close association with XM.

No the initial part of the service is signing up with them to create a bogus address in Singapore so you can place XM orders. Once you have a legit order set to go to your bogus address which you registered with skyrunner and they presumably have control over. So your order you paid for is going there, and at some point you pay them for the shipping and handling to your real address.

Seems like an easy way to rip people off, or it is a genius way to completely get around licensing restrictions while also possibly committing mail fraud.

Like I said, I looked into it as the licensed Europe guy is a joke, but don't really want to commit any felonies in my collecting hobby or flat out give away my hard earned money.

*Okay. I went to the web site...or should I say blog. I agree with you, I don't know how anyone would trust that.

XM is still responsible

Best bet, I think. ST had some excuse about my messages going to their Spam folders hours after I filed my PayPal case? Sure.

They would not be the first toy retailer to go bust and take peoples money with them. Best to be proactive at this point. I have a feeling they are robbing Peter to pay Paul which is why they are slowly responding to the refund requests.

It's quite worrying. Tried to contact them for a local pick up but no success. I thought I was lucky I got the chance to purchase a PO from a member. But now I'm worried I might lose it, and with that a large sum of money...

They would not be the first toy retailer to go bust and take peoples money with them. Best to be proactive at this point. I have a feeling they are robbing Peter to pay Paul which is why they are slowly responding to the refund requests.

I think that's the case too...Simply Toys probably spent that first round of money and now they have to sell to get money for the refunds

I think that's the case too...Simply Toys probably spent that first round of money and now they have to sell to get money for the refunds

If true, that would be some bad business and cause for real concern. You can't run a business responsibly without enough money to cover situations like this.

Are they going bankrupt?

I highly doubt it. It just seems they may be overextending themselves as a business operation and possibly unable to cover a shortfall caused by these canceled orders in a timely fashion. Not having capital for these situations is crazy. But I will state strongly that all of this is speculation and in no way intended to be anything but. It's just frustrating for people.

It's quite worrying. Tried to contact them for a local pick up but no success. I thought I was lucky I got the chance to purchase a PO from a member. But now I'm worried I might lose it, and with that a large sum of money...

Cotacting them futile.

Everyone calm down. Those who have not yet received their refunds back should be getting it shortly. Just received information that they added additional hours on their employees to resolve this issue. The last message I got back stated that they are receiving over 2k emails daily. I received my refund back so stay calm fellas...

Everyone calm down. Those who have not yet received their refunds back should be getting it shortly. Just received information that they added additional hours on their employees to resolve this issue. The last message I got back stated that they are receiving over 2k emails daily. I received my refund back so stay calm fellas...

I really wasn't all that worried about getting a refund. The thing was that my refund fell within the 60 day rule, but wouldn't at the end of this week. So, by their own admission, I would have been out money if they took any longer. That was the basic problem.

ST is holding hundreds, and in some cases thousands, of dollars from people and haven't replied to emails in weeks. To think people should be relaxed while their hard-earned money is in unanswered purgatory seems unrealistic. From an outsider who doesn't have anything vested with these problems, I'll never consider purchasing anything through ST with their complete lack of customer service.

View attachment 198868

Wow. This just screams "trouble." I mean I get it, but yeah, no way in heck I'm doing that with an item like an XM piece or any collectible for that matter. :lol

Thanks for filling me in. Had no idea this existed.

Back