Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meijers had Fett in. :yess:

Definitely up there with the Sandies as my favorites. Still alot of Wave 1 clogging the aisles, are they still shipping them or they just peg warming that badly?

Ugh… still debating wether to get Han or not…
After the amazing job they did with Pilot Luke head sculpt and paint job, I'm still not too crazy about Han…
I might buy one and replace the head with any eventual future Han…

Trying to score Greedo and Boba, but I'll wait until prices go back to normal.

So far the plan for me is:

Series 1 - All 4 figures
Series 2- 3 figures only (no Leia)
Series 3- Stormie and maybe Luke…

Still, great line overall!

Han is great. You should get him. He and Luke are probably the most "fun" figures in the line. Neither are perfect likenesses but they're among the best Hasbro's ever pulled off (especially Luke!).

Han is great. You should get him. He and Luke are probably the most "fun" figures in the line. Neither are perfect likenesses but they're among the best Hasbro's ever pulled off (especially Luke!).

I agree here, Han is a great figure and goes well with Luke :clap

Ugh… still debating wether to get Han or not…
After the amazing job they did with Pilot Luke head sculpt and paint job, I'm still not too crazy about Han…
I might buy one and replace the head with any eventual future Han…

Then buy it, I felt exactly as you did, but except for the head, the figure is awesome, so I think you've already convinced yourself to get it. I hadn't thought of the head replacement down the road, but thats a brilliant idea.

Trying to score Greedo and Boba, but I'll wait until prices go back to normal.

So far the plan for me is:

Series 1 - All 4 figures
Series 2- 3 figures only (no Leia)
Series 3- Stormie and maybe Luke…

Still, great line overall!

Greedo is good, but don't stress him, you'll get him, hes peg warming here, but I had to hit up 5 stores to get my damn Fett.

I'm very impressed with this line so far. At the moment I like it more than the current 3 3/4" line.
The Sandtrooper and Boba are truly fantastic and I really like Han. Such a cool figure to pose. Only critic at him is the missing headset. They gave him the gloves so why no headset?
Whatever, I bought the second wave a few days ago and finally found some time to play around a bit and take some pictures and then I got an idea. ;)
Enjoy.

I'm very impressed with this line so far. At the moment I like it more than the current 3 3/4" line.
The Sandtrooper and Boba are truly fantastic and I really like Han. Such a cool figure to pose. Only critic at him is the missing headset. They gave him the gloves so why no headset?
Whatever, I bought the second wave a few days ago and finally found some time to play around a bit and take some pictures and then I got an idea. ;)
Enjoy.

A headset would have to be sculpted on to look good at this scale. I remember having that Millennium Falcon playset that fit over the keyboard for the PC in the late '90s. That Han came with gloves and a headset and was one cool exclusive figure! So I could understand the desire to have it, but personally I'd never display him that way.

Still waiting to find these in Van Nuys/Burbank. Don't know if they haven't shown up or if i just keep missing them. Hopefully my TRU gets them tomorrow.

any news on the 4th figure for series 3 yet?

Supposedly a carry over of Han from wave 2. If true, Hasbro is making their first huge mistake for this line. What numskulls. I can't stand the company. I love the product though and I am hopeful this mistake won't affect the future of the line. These aren't even available at all stores (eg, Wal-Mart) and they risk turning off other retail chains if they give them peg warmers so early after the whole TPM fiasco in the 3.75" line.

If it were me, I'd pack two stormies into the case. Those are going to sell better than Han. I only want one Han. I would be tempted to get two stormies if I saw them on the shelf together.

Enjoy.

Love it!! :hi5:

I was really pleasantly surprised by the Luke.

Han has been a little problematic for me. You get one with good eyebrow paint, and the likeness is good enough, but what hurts this figure for me is the finish…the plastic-y gloss on the face doesn't match up with Luke and that's really my only gripe. I'm picky as hell over what I'll keep, so in the long run I may ditch Han, who knows.

As far as fun factor he's top notch…you can get some great poses out of this figure and that blaster and holster are rockin'. So rockin' that I gave them to a rebel pilot! :nana:

I saw the first wave figures at Forbidden Planet a few days ago, and had to force myself to not get Luke on an impulse. I have never been a HUGE Star Wars fan (I much prefer Star Trek, but we don't need to get into that!), but I like the original three films okay and I have a few of the 3 3/4 scale figures from when I was a kid. They were some of my favourites growing up.

I can't stop thinking about these figures, though! I think the Luke looks great, but I saw yesterday that wave three is going to have Bespin Luke. I'm not sure what to do; I'd probably like the Bespin Luke more, but I really want that X-Wing Luke too. I guess they aren't THAT expensive, and I could always decide to sell X-Wing Luke in a few months time if I really can't justify getting another in a few months (does anyone know when wave three is supposed to be out?).

I just think a few of these figures would make for a cool "space" section in my display cabinet, next to my Diamond Select Kirk and Spock. Maybe have a Luke, Han, Chewie, and Vader if/when he gets made.

On a semi-related note: I read some of this thread this morning, but not the whole thing, so I apologize if it has been discussed. But do you guys think this line could open up the possibility of Hasbro doing 6 inch lines of other properties that have been mostly 3 3/4? I've been dreaming of 6 inch GI Joes.

I'd say Luke is my favorite figure from the line so far. If the Bespin Luke has the same right hand articulation as X-Wing Luke and the final product's paint apps are up to snuff, he will be equally as cool. He'll lose the helmet but gain a functioning holster.

I personally will own both Lukes and will probably go as far as picking up Jedi Luke. One iconic look from each movie would be great for each main character in my opinion. But I'm a bigger Star Wars fan than you I bet.

Anyone know when preorders for the 6" series 3 will be posted on the online sites? Ready to begin a PO of the Stormtroopers! :)

On a semi-related note: I read some of this thread this morning, but not the whole thing, so I apologize if it has been discussed. But do you guys think this line could open up the possibility of Hasbro doing 6 inch lines of other properties that have been mostly 3 3/4? I've been dreaming of 6 inch GI Joes.

Yes...Classic 80's ARAH Joe in 6" Scale are rumored..

I think SW 6" Black series is the test

Yes...Classic 80's ARAH Joe in 6" Scale are rumored..

I think SW 6" Black series is the test

Oh god, please be true! I would be ecstatic! I'll definitely support this Star Wars line, because the figures are cool and because, as you said, it could be a test. Do you have any links to articles or the like that talk about the Joes being rumoured?

Back