Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not that picky with these in terms of likeness. They are most definitely "toys" in my eyes and I don't hold them to the same standards I would to high end collectible figures. In that sense I think so far they all look pretty damn good. I'm only really getting Han and I'm fine with how it is.

Here FLOSI, photoshop this picture into your sig.:lol (If only they'd handed him the gun a little better.)
Black-Series-Han-Solo-27.jpg

About my only gripe with Han is that the skin tone on his forearms doesn't seem to match the skin tone of the hands, other than that he looks pretty top notch!

It's not the sculpting that's the problem so much, it's the goddamn ****house gloopy paint apps, & beedy misaligned eyes that kill these figures most of the time. :lol

It's not the sculpting that's the problem so much, it's the goddamn ****house gloopy paint apps, & beedy misaligned eyes that kill these figures most of the time. :lol

:goodpost:

That said, I don't think the paint on these looks as bad in hand as it does in these pictures. The settings make these things larger than life and as a result, the imperfections become very apparent. The eyes on my Luke look fine and his paint's not glopped on anywhere. As for Han, it still annoys me they painted his eyes blue.

Blaster will need some paint. I Just realized it's the Star Wars scope and the silver muzzle flash is painted sorta like Empire.

Yeah, not sure why Hasbro continues to do this, they have done it on quite a few of the 3 3/4" Hans as well. Then again, they have given the ANH blaster to both ESB and ROTJ Hans on more than one occasion as well, even though they have a perfectly good ESB style blaster available. :cuckoo:

Hi guys, took some suggestions, and lowered the backpack, and painted the joint pins black as needed. I decided to weather the backpack, weapons, pouches a bit more. The orange portion of the pauldron has been weathered more as well, but the bright orange color is whiting out the camera's sensor, so its hard to see:

The backpack was lowered by simply snipping off the peg and regluing it further up on the horizontal brace. I added sheet styrene shims to provide a better contact point. I then added a sheet styrene corner with a hole to attach the shoulder pouch.

And an encore photo of my Sandtrooper.

Enjoy!

BOBBY

Wave 2 arrives at BBTS next week (Oct 22) for cases only it looks like

Wave 2 arrives at BBTS next week (Oct 22) for cases only it looks like

Good. I ordered singles since I don't need Fett. Need a break and hope I don't have to pay for these until mid November. May cancel there anyways and just find them at TRU since wave 1 was readily available for a few wekas after the initial mania of ppl buying up all sand troopers wore off.

@M-A: That's some friggin awesome work there dude. Can you post a few more detail pics of the shoulder pouch mod and maybe a before/after shot of the whole project?
Bravo!

Awesome work. And that's awesome news for shipment being in already. I didn't expect them until around Thanksgiving!

So, Target has arrived up here in the north and I decided to check one out. Saw Maul, R2 and Luke for 25 bucks each. Hopefully, they'll have Boba Fett for that price. No way I'm paying 10 dollars more from specialized toy/figure stores...

Just getting them in Canada? Maybe you've been checking the wrong stores. Some stores (including Walmart) haven't carried the 6" line.

Hi guys, took some suggestions, and lowered the backpack, and painted the joint pins black as needed. I decided to weather the backpack, weapons, pouches a bit more. The orange portion of the pauldron has been weathered more as well, but the bright orange color is whiting out the camera's sensor, so its hard to see:

Enjoy!

BOBBY

If you kept your weapons this dirty for real, you'd be scrubbing latrines 24/7 :)
UN-WEATHER the weapons.

Last edited:
Back