Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at my local Target last week and they had the credit collection Cara Dune, quite a few actually but I was low on funds so had planned to get it this pay day. Of course sold out. Was lucky to get the vintage carbonized 3.5? last week tho.

It's one thing to part ways with the actress but killing planned merchandise of the *character*? That's just vindictive on the part of LFL and it's disgusting.

Imagine if Lucas was so petty with regard to his falling out with David Prowse.

Why do you think I would have any idea why they're shooting at us?

yDwMg44.jpg

It's one thing to part ways with the actress but killing planned merchandise of the *character*? That's just vindictive on the part of LFL and it's disgusting.

Agreed. I?ve never seen anything like this before and it?s especially bad because it?s an excellent character and one of the best Black Series figures ever made in my opinion. I?m glad I managed to nab the standard BS release before this went down. This figure is likely going to become a grail piece in years to come. Bidding on EBay UK is already around the 150 mark. Insane.

It?s all very sad.

Yep. Overpaid on Evilbay for a Vintage chrome Cara; looks like prices doubled overnight. IMO too bad - Cara's always gonna be an integral part of SW and the show; and this knee jerk handling of the situation for POs and merchandise is just making it worse.

Kinda reminds me of the Han shot first thing in a way - I know which version of ANH I prefer, no matter what Lucas thinks about people forgetting.:nana:

Yep. Overpaid on Evilbay for a Vintage chrome Cara; looks like prices doubled overnight. IMO too bad - Cara's always gonna be an integral part of SW and the show; and this knee jerk handling of the situation for POs and merchandise is just making it worse.

Kinda reminds me of the Han shot first thing in a way - I know which version of ANH I prefer, no matter what Lucas thinks about people forgetting.:nana:

I agree , and at some point it's going to bite them in the butt. I feel bad for George , he has gotta regret selling to disney . LFL is being run by a bunch of passionless idiots.

I agree , and at some point it's going to bite them in the butt. I feel bad for George , he has gotta regret selling to disney . LFL is being run by a bunch of passionless idiots.

They’ll be fine and probably better off not having to worry about a loose cannon and liability. Losing the weakest link is never ideal unless replaced by something better but it is never debilitating. I’m sure George doesn’t regret placing the company with his protege Filoni and personally appointed business successor Kennedy. I can guarantee he is absolutely thrilled not having to shoulder the burden or brunt of the fan base anymore.

IMO it's already biting them; probably, as the show was supposed to start filming; and anything written or planned for Cara Dune is gonna have to be overhauled, one way or the other. Realistically any production must have contingencies in place for a missing cast member for any reason; but it's still a stressor when you have your expected cast lined up; and more importantly, knew exactly what Carano was capable of, physically.

Gonna guess she was the best actor-who-can-actually-fight (like Bryce Dallas Howard said, Gina knew what it was like to take a punch re filming, and how that looks and feels); plus Gina looked great on camera - so, Disney/LFL hasn't done the actual production of their cash cow any favors. I feel bad for Favreau.

They?ll be fine and probably better off not having to worry about a loose cannon and liability.

IMO the actual consumer is not better off - think that shows/casts have a kind of momentum - derail that; and there's a crack here, a crack there...all of a sudden it's not the show you started watching:(. Plus, far as I can tell, characters like Cara - or Asajj Ventress, say, aren't Disney's norm. Any replacement is more likely to be something bland, inoffensive, and interchangeable - more "pretty/nice" and like the Reys and Padmes and Ahsokas. Popular with many I guess, but to me not that interesting.

As for Evilbay sellers - IMO more power to them, at this point, over the petty decision to pull the HASBRO Cara Dune figures.

They’ll be fine and probably better off not having to worry about a loose cannon and liability. Losing the weakest link is never ideal unless replaced by something better but it is never debilitating. I’m sure George doesn’t regret placing the company with his protege Filoni and personally appointed business successor Kennedy. I can guarantee he is absolutely thrilled not having to shoulder the burden or brunt of the fan base anymore.

I wouldn't bet on it. If anything Kathleen Kennedy has proven to be incompetent and only interested in pushing her agenda . The fan base has been leaving in droves since the last Jedi.

I wouldn't bet on it. If anything Kathleen Kennedy has proven to be incompetent and only interested in pushing her agenda . The fan base has been leaving in droves since the last Jedi.

The box office doesn't seem to point to that. SW is just as popular as ever. Cara Dune isn't a particularly important character so her being gone shouldn't affect much, especially if S3 is going to concentrate on Mandalorian succession and the Mandalorian homeworld. Cara Dune doesn't really have.much to contribute to that setting. I find Boba Fett and Fennic Shand much more interesting and look forward to their show.

The box office doesn't seem to point to that. SW is just as popular as ever. Cara Dune isn't a particularly important character so her being gone shouldn't affect much, especially if S3 is going to concentrate on Mandalorian succession and the Mandalorian homeworld. Cara Dune doesn't really have.much to contribute to that setting. I find Boba Fett and Fennic Shand much more interesting and look forward to their show.

Solo lost money , Last Jedi divided the fan base and drove many away, Rise of Skywalker underperformed and was a disjointed mess, Galaxy's Edge is a bust and the High Republic is a joke. I look forward to Book of Boba Fett as well

Solo lost money , Last Jedi divided the fan base and drove many away, Rise of Skywalker underperformed and was a disjointed mess, Galaxy's Edge is a bust and the High Republic is a joke. I look forward to Book of Boba Fett as well

True - SW didn't seem to have the excitement it had had until Mandalorian renewed interest...

for myself tho am feeling more dubious over a combination of Filoni characters, Disney, and the rush to put out SW stuff.
And I pay a lot of attention to the script/story. Seems to be hard to get really good writers on board these days, tho that doesn't
necessarily bother other people. And doesn't necessarily sink a show or movie.

But shows that have been in planning for a while, like Obi-Wan, haven't even been able to get off the ground. Was looking forward to that one.

Anyway, in from BBTS:

HASBRO_Armourer.jpg

Would have like the DX but that was sold out in nanoseconds, and figured maybe was just more pieces to lose - usually I play with my figs.:cool: Guess I had better box up my Black Series Cara tho:horror

Star Wars is better off without the actress. She had two expressions: smirking and punching. They seemed to be writing her character into the background knowing they may have had to cut ties if she kept firing off delusional stuff on twitter. Cara Dune’s story is done.
Write a new character, better actor/actress.

Back to action figures:
Got Moff Gideon, he’s pretty good. Would’ve liked butterfly shoulders. Seems Giancarlo Esposito’s face is difficult to translate onto a small figure. Maybe I just picture him with that ‘I’ve already won’ smile from the 1st season.

Also a yakface rumour of photo real Rogue One reissues (incl Bodhi Rook).

Yeah I really don't agree with companies firing people for a handful of dumb posts on social media. It does seem that certain unhinged posts are considered far worse than other equally unhinged posts when it comes to the identity politics yardstick, and she was on the wrong side of that. Though her holocaust post was 100% nuts imo.

Dengar was one of the first BS figures I bought when I finally broke down and started collecting these. I paid $35 and groaned when I did it, but its true, he's really cool.

*looks at current price* And to think I hesitated.

Yeah well all I'm concerned about is that Dengar has me much more focused on BS6 now than I used to be - always a dangerous thing for the wallet.:lol

Star Wars is better off without the actress. She had two expressions: smirking and punching. They seemed to be writing her character into the background knowing they may have had to cut ties if she kept firing off delusional stuff on twitter. Cara Dune?s story is done.
Write a new character, better actor/actress.

Yeah I did feel her acting was one of the things holding back the eps she was in. She was fine overall I guess but I found her performance pretty wooden and unconvincing at times.

The box office doesn't seem to point to that. SW is just as popular as ever. Cara Dune isn't a particularly important character so her being gone shouldn't affect much, especially if S3 is going to concentrate on Mandalorian succession and the Mandalorian homeworld. Cara Dune doesn't really have much to contribute to that setting.

You know what really divided the fanbase, as far as I can see? It was no one person, it was the sequel trilogy and especially, TLJ. TLJ threw a seismic charge into the fanbase and everyone scattered, each having their own, usually not very complimentary thoughts. People are still fighting over this mess. And that is what it was: a beautifully filmed, fabulously cinematic DISASTER.

If the franchise survived ewoks, the holiday special and TLJ - we are here to stay, baby.

I find Boba Fett and Fennic Shand much more interesting and look forward to their show.

This is a great thing about the franchise! There's always something you hate. AND! there is always something to love. There's always those parts that you love. I can forgive the sequel trilogy JUST BECAUSE OF Mando and Boba and getting to see the interior of Slave 1. Filoni and Favreau rescued Boba, then they put him on a *throne*. I love those guys.

Hilarious that the artist version Cara Dune was a peg warmer at my Targets all winter long. Then of course..Gina gets fired and now the Cara Dune have vanished :lecture

The things people will do :cuckoo:

What is actually the more desirable version of the Black Series Cara Dune? I managed to order the credit collection version before it sold out.

Back