Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks freaking awesome. :rock

That’s going to be a very popular figure.

A non Ford Solo!

What’s funny is that we went from Ford’s last appearance as Han to Alden playing Han but the opposite with Glover playing Lando to BDW returning as Lando.

Oh one more thing:

Cool :rock

56720B45-A5FE-435E-B879-BFAC8A360BA9.jpeg

Not cool :lol

BC95C9A7-831D-485C-9753-01775A189630.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s going to be a very popular figure.

A non Ford Solo!

What’s funny is that we went from Ford’s last appearance as Han to Alden playing Han but the opposite with Glover playing Lando to BDW returning as Lando.

Oh one more thing:

Cool :rock

View attachment 421978

Not cool :lol

View attachment 421979

idk bro, boobs are always pretty cool to me.

But damn that mudtrooper solo looks more awesome every time I look at it. Wanna see it with the googles and mask on now!

If anyone doesn't have one yet, Jakku Rey w/ Speeder is currently $15 with prime on Amazon right now.

I don't really collect 6" anymore, but considering picking one up. What do you guys think about the quality of the Speeder in hand?

Man I wish he came with that air mask in the standard release. It hides a lot of flaws and looks great.

Man I wish he came with that air mask in the standard release. It hides a lot of flaws and looks great.

Use the one that came with Eadu Jyn. She goes for like $10 and I'm pretty sure its the exact same sculpt, just clear yellow instead of clear. And I've seen people selling re-casts of it in straight clear like this

After playing around with the new han and his extra finger, it made me realize how badly black series needs extra hand options. Every figure having a neutral gripping hand really makes them look cheap compared to the likes of figuarts. Not sure about anyone else, but I'd gladly pay an extra $5 to get more options

They would charge $10 more for an extra head and different hands. ML does it all the time for $20, and Black Series doesn’t even have BAF parts. It’s so stupid. ML uses better plastic and articulation too.

Photo real has become the only redeeming part of these figures, and most of the time it looks off - Like when they gave Tarkin dark brown eyes instead of icy blue.

Hopefully the next few waves will be better.

Last edited:
Marvel Legends recycles a lot of parts, especially the bodies themselves. That saves a lot of cost, which in turn allows them to include BAF parts. They also tend to do a lot more repaints and variants than Hasbro does with the Black Series 6" line.

Hasbro does not recycle a lot of parts between the Star Wars line. I don't know if they're allowed to, but the characters tend to have more unique bodies and proportions so they couldn't really get away with it even if they wanted. Whereas they can use the same male/female superhero body for a lot of different Marvel characters.

The Star Wars license may also cost more than the Marvel license.

So while I don't think the BS 6" line is a tremendous value in terms of accessories or bonuses, with the new face printing tech, at least it's starting to feel more premium to match the premium price.

Something tells me the face scanning tech isn't that serious of an investment for them since they're starting to do it with the 3.75's too.

Why spend the $ on the tech for a 3.75 scale figure?

Because if you can make your figures look better, why not? Faces from Hasbro have been a huge complaint. And also once the initial hump of developing the technology if overcome. Adapting it and shrinking it down is easier

Something tells me the face scanning tech isn't that serious of an investment for them since they're starting to do it with the 3.75's too.

Why spend the $ on the tech for a 3.75 scale figure?

It is, because they're doing it specifically for the 3.75" super articulated Vintage Collection figures, which is a collector focused line. At about $13 for a figure a fraction of the size with equally minimal accessories, face painting tech should be a matter of course for them as well.

I collect 3.75" Star Wars so it is a welcome addition, especially for what the figures cost now. They said it wasn't easy to get the process down on the 3.75" figures, and I give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

As far as I am aware, they are not doing it for the value/kid oriented 5 points of articulation figures of the standard line.

It is, because they're doing it specifically for the 3.75" super articulated Vintage Collection figures, which is a collector focused line. At about $13 for a figure a fraction of the size with equally minimal accessories, face painting tech should be a matter of course for them as well.

I collect 3.75" Star Wars so it is a welcome addition, especially for what the figures cost now. They said it wasn't easy to get the process down on the 3.75" figures, and I give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

As far as I am aware, they are not doing it for the value/kid oriented 5 points of articulation figures of the standard line.

Yet to see a “ super articulated “ 3.75 “ SW line.. where are you getting this misinformation from :dunno

Back