Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just talked to a TRU manager. He says Lucasfilm gave TRU the exclusive to SW The Black Series. I'm not sure if that means that ALL Black Series will be exclusive to TRU or that exclusives FROM the Black Series will go only to TRU. Either way, TRU has some sort of major commitment from the Star Wars brand going forward across multiple lines.

I just talked to a TRU manager. He says Lucasfilm gave TRU the exclusive to SW The Black Series. I'm not sure if that means that ALL Black Series will be exclusive to TRU or that exclusives FROM the Black Series will go only to TRU. Either way, TRU has some sort of major commitment from the Star Wars brand going forward across multiple lines.
I think it just means that they're going to create figures/sets that will be exclusive to TRU, not that everything Black Series will be exclusive to TRU. The Han/Greedo cantina set is exclusive to TRU, for example. I think it'll be more junk like that.

I think it just means that they're going to create figures/sets that are exclusive to TRU, not that everything Black Series will be exclusive. The Han/Greedo cantina set is exclusive to TRU, for example. I think that it'll be more junk like that.

That's what I suspect as well. I'm guessing the deal eliminates exclusives to Walgreens like the 'Protoype' Boba Fett figure and to Target on their Imperial Shadow Squadron Sets, as well as other similar exclusives to other retailers. It would seem to be madness to have ALL of the Black Series be exclusive to TRU, especially now that Walmart has just recently gotten on board with the 6" figures.

15218849332_db0c44c1e7_b.jpg

My Jabba SDCC setup. I'm really happy with it, except for the the plastic trays that I had to rip off, thus leaving a mark on the cardboard throne.

Any word when the Target exclusive 'Imperial Shadow Squadron Set' (Shadow Speeder Bike, Biker Scout & Storm Trooper) are supposed to come available and how much they will be?

*EDIT: Nevermind, answered my own question $49 for the set available in November.

Not sure if anyone has seen TRU's Star Wars section lately, but my local store has an entire Aisle-full length, both sides, dedicated to SW and SW Rebels now.

I guess just a heads up to those still looking. The Walgreens product page for Boba is now listing the "Pick Up In Store" feature for people to be able to look online to see if their local b&m's have these in stock. One of my local shops listed it "In Stock" and sure enough I was able to go and get myself a couple just now.

But ymmv. Since I only went to one store, I don't know how accurate the website is while at the same time stores are still receiving figures randomly/in random quantity (Last night I found a Vader and Chewie two towns over; today I found a Boba, Luke, and Vader in my own town). You'll definitely need the WIC# cuz both stores didn't have these out on the shelf, and presenting them with the website product page doesn't tell them anything about the stock they have (I spent 20 minutes waiting around for one guy to just look at the website before he asked another guy to look. That guy spent another 15 minutes in the back before coming out to tell me they were out of stock until he took down the WIC number I had been trying to give the both of them the whole time before he spent another 3 minutes in the back when he finally found them and brought them out to me)

WIC# 352867 (from MrZippo's post)

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/star-wars-boba-fett-figure/ID=prod6258401-product

Wasn't there an ebay seller offering custom cloth robes for the Black 6" Obi-Wan, Anakin and Jedi Luke? Can't seem to find them.

My Jabba SDCC setup. I'm really happy with it, except for the the plastic trays that I had to rip off, thus leaving a mark on the cardboard throne.

That's a nice set up, shame about the damage though. You could get some fabric and place over the marks, that would add to the display.

After being fed up with people finding proto Boba at Walgreens before those (including myself) who preordered this item, I decided to email them about it. This is part of their reply:

"The scheduled release of the pre-orders is November 15, 2014. You will receive an email confirmation when the order ships. The release of the items in our local store is an extremely limited quantity."

This is complete and udder BS!!! What's the point of even preordering? I am very pissed to say the least!

The point of pre-ordering is securing a copy, not securing it AND having it first necessarily. If people take a gamble by not POing and find it in the wild faster, that's their luck, they like "the hunt" well sometimes that pays off, good for them. Why get so worked up about it, you secured yours didn't you? So it arrives a month later, boo-hoo.

I'm not saying it's not dumb that local stores stock it way earlier than PO's are sent out but it's not like ordering a case of marvel legends and literally not getting anything, or getting a completely wrong order, like many people seem to have had with TRU a while back.

PO'ing last I heard isn't some sort of VIP treatment, it's just paying before it's in stock so you reserve a copy. They gave you an exact date when all PO's are being sent out, tough luck it's apparently a bit later than some actual stores get it. Worse things in the world to be so pissed off about man.

So you'd be ok preordering from Sideshow and getting it 2 months later than someone else? I guess preordering CD's and movies would be fine too?

I don't personally PO from specifically sideshow, but no I'd not be happy about it obviously, but I wouln've be 'pissed to say the least' about it either. I'd enquire if my PO came through, enquire when it's being sent out. and if the item's already out, try to cancel the PO and buy it, which I've actually had stores offer me when I asked them.

But no, if I'd be guaranteed to getting my copy and a solid date attached, no I wouldn't be completely pissed off, I'm not an 11 year old that can't deal with some tough luck. Cause it ain't more than that. In fact, it's not even tough luck, it's probably the normal release date, the people hunting with those codes are probably just lucky. Well, they put a hell of a lot more effort into it, so I say fine, good for them.

Be a bit of a sport about it man, you're sounding like a spoiled kid. No it's not cool of them I agree, but that's about it. Just, not cool.

If you were guaranteed to have it at a certain date up front (perhaps counting on it as a gift for someone or what have you), then I'd say yeah, that's something they really ****ed up.

This seems to just be how business works out sometimes. So you get your fix a little later then people who actually went out the door to get it, big deal.

Back