Has anyone received their General Grievous 1:1 bust from a RETAILER???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I bought my General Grievous 1:1 from Monsters in Motion last year..... Apparently they mistakenly posted it at THEIR cost ($375) and I snagged one before they corrected it... I was charged by them on April 8 and they said "Sideshow required payment up front"..............:confused:

I STILL haven't received this and they're feeding me a story that "oh, it hasn't arrived to our warehouse yet"......

Sideshow confirmed with me that they started processing WHOLESALE orders on March 13..... And usually retailers don't charge until they ship the item TO ME!!!

Sooooo, I'm just curious if anyone has ordered one of these from a retailer and if they received it yet. I'm thinking that these people are yankin my chain since they apparently undersold this to me.... Anyone???? :confused:

Sounds fishy - I remember when those were for sale so cheap and thought "too good to be true"... strange though that they just wouldnt say it was a pricing error and give you a choice to pay the rest or get a refund...

Sounds fishy - I remember when those were for sale so cheap and thought "too good to be true"... strange though that they just wouldnt say it was a pricing error and give you a choice to pay the rest or get a refund...

That's what I thought too!!!!! Usually when I hear about collectors buying something for a mistakenly listed price, the retailer will just be honest and notify them of the misunderstanding. They blatantly told me that they undersold the item at their cost......... :confused:

I canceled the order I had for this with them a while back, but I don't see any reason to get suspicious just yet.

Well I'm just suspicious because it's been almost three weeks since I've paid for this and NO sign on it yet.............:sick

But hey, didn't you cancel this because you're still recovering from those life-size C3P0 and R2-D2 replicas you got????? Those are quite amazing!!!! post a link if you can :D I wanna seeeeeee!!!!

Chris, not to bring up old stuff, but did you ever get the 1:1 IM bust from that other seller?

Well I'm just suspicious because it's been almost three weeks since I've paid for this and NO sign on it yet.............:sick

But hey, didn't you cancel this because you're still recovering from those life-size C3P0 and R2-D2 replicas you got????? Those are quite amazing!!!! post a link if you can :D I wanna seeeeeee!!!!

I canceled it partially because of the droids, and partially because I decided to focus pretty much exclusively on the original trilogy. In short, I'm really running out of both space and money. ;) In fact, I had to cancel R2 later for monetary reasons, but I hope to get him later, or maybe build my own.

Anyway, there are pictures of my 3PO in this thread, if you haven't seen them yet. I should probably update it with how I have him displayed now.

Chris, not to bring up old stuff, but did you ever get the 1:1 IM bust from that other seller?

No, I actualy cancelled that one.... And thankfully I did!!! The retailer that the seller was getting them from flaked out on him!! Apparenty all of them had the notorious paint issues :rolleyes:

That's why I'm so bitter about all the IM bust failures :eek:..... :lol

I know a local retailer who has received them. But that doesn't mean anything. They could be in split shipments.

No, I actualy cancelled that one.... And thankfully I did!!! The retailer that the seller was getting them from flaked out on him!! Apparenty all of them had the notorious paint issues :rolleyes:

That's why I'm so bitter about all the IM bust failures :eek:..... :lol

I don't blame you in the slightest. You've had some bad luck lately. :sick

it is strange to be billed without the dealer having the product in hand.

That's what I said!!!!! :sick

I just don't get it...... THREE weeks and STILL they haven't received this??? This is really sketchy :mad:

Did you pay through PayPal, or just your card company? Either way I think I might get them involved.

i can't imagine them charging the credit card if they had undersold... however, they are in the same state as SST so i don't understand how they couldn;t have received their busts yet...

i wonder if the people who paid full price form this dealer are also waiting?

i can't imagine them charging the credit card if they had undersold... however, they are in the same state as SST so i don't understand how they couldn;t have received their busts yet...

i wonder if the people who paid full price form this dealer are also waiting?

I'm curious of the same thing!!! So has ANYONE ordered and received one from Monsters in Motion?!?!?

I doubt if anyone else here ordered from them. For one thing I don't think they had that many available for purchase, and they aren't most people's first stop when ordering stuff like that. That said, I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe that they aren't on the up-and-up. They're probably just not very motivated to get this to you since they're not making any money on it. I would actually be more worried if they hadn't charged you. Now that they have charged you, you have the power of your credit card company behind you if anything goes wrong, so they pretty much have to deliver.

Back