Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box office receipts like this and we only have 2 insanely priced 1/6 figures from Medi and the stuff from Mattel. Oh the humanity!!

Just wait HT's and SSC will catch on, they were just waiting until the series finished to get the license, after all, they're doing Avatar. :clap

Lots of time left

Just got back. Loved it. Fantastic ending to the series. I purposefully didn't read the book mainly because After OotP I ran to read HBP and was disappointed about the differences from the book. So even though I began TDH, I stopped reading so that I could enjoy and experience the film without bias. I glad I did because I don't have to really knitpick at it. I loved it from the getgo, it was a fun ride and I'm a little sad that there isn't another in the pipeline. I really hope that eventually it becomes one of those films that get re-released in theaters because it'd be great fun to one day be able to take my son to.

They had the special Harry Potter 3D glasses but they wouldn't give them to us because we were watching the film in IMAX and they had different glasses for it. Despite our complaining, they refused and so I took the IMAX glasses home. That was literally my only complaint about the entire experience. I have a feeling I'll be seeing this at least once more in the theaters as I enjoyed it that much. 10/10 for me.

Just got back. Loved it. Fantastic ending to the series. I purposefully didn't read the book mainly because After OotP I ran to read HBP and was disappointed about the differences from the book. So even though I began TDH, I stopped reading so that I could enjoy and experience the film without bias. I glad I did because I don't have to really knitpick at it. I loved it from the getgo, it was a fun ride and I'm a little sad that there isn't another in the pipeline. I really hope that eventually it becomes one of those films that get re-released in theaters because it'd be great fun to one day be able to take my son to.

They had the special Harry Potter 3D glasses but they wouldn't give them to us because we were watching the film in IMAX and they had different glasses for it. Despite our complaining, they refused and so I took the IMAX glasses home. That was literally my only complaint about the entire experience. I have a feeling I'll be seeing this at least once more in the theaters as I enjoyed it that much. 10/10 for me.

I just got back from seeing this today as well, and man was I impressed. I did read the book a few years ago and I think I can say that in my opinion this is one of those rare cases where the movie is either just as good as or better than the book. I don't think I would say that about any of the other movies, but The Deathly Hallows was one of my least favorite of the books and I think this movie actually improved upon the book in a lot of areas. I was also really moved by the epilogue seen. Pretty bittersweet since I've grown up with these books and movies. Overall a fantastic way to end the series.

I have the first 3. Saving up to buy them all. Will take a while.
The Stephen Fry (UK) version is more to my liking than the US version.

All I can say is "WOW!" Awesome movie!!! I was really impressed!

Have any of you guys seen the Hogwarts packaging that Germany and France got? I believe it was for films 1-6. J missed out on it but it looks pretty epic. I would love to get a complete set with packaging to rival that:pray:

Took my fiancé who is a huge potter fan to see the movie today. Went with the xd 3d experience and was totally blonde away. Great movie from start to finish.

Seriously, Come on Hot Toys.

I'm going to be completely honest and say if any company gets a 1:6 license (SSC already stated that GG still has the 1:4 mixed media license) that it's SSC.

HT isn't really known for going too in depth and with them stretched so thin who know if they'd even make Ron, Hermoine and Harry. Medicom is usually one and done (I'm actually shocked there are two from them) but SSC is the only company that in 1:6 would not only go in depth but give us multiple versions of the character. While we've got multiple Batmen and Iron Men, a Harry Potter license would require different bodies, a showing of growth from child to adult not to mention I don't want to pay $200 for each character.

Hopefully we get SSC jumping into the Harry well because I'd love to have a depiction from all seven years of the main characters not to mention the professors and multiple Death Eaters.

Its funny I have book 1- 7 as well as movie 1 - 7 part 1 and 7 part 2 did almost nothing for me... The book was far better then the movie may I say that if your a fan that has not read all the books that you are missing out big time here... I left Harry Potter 7 Part 2 as if Id been let down as a fan of the book and movies because it did almost no justice at all there are huge gaps missing in the movie that where inside the book that made the book far better in my IMO... Anyway Hp is done... So I guess I dont care that much anymore...

It was a great end to the movie but somehow I feel it was the weakest of the lot. I didn't read any books but still had a vague idea of the ending, which turned out correct. I just somehow think it wasn't as dark with Voldemort being weak and in turn, less spooky. A great end to the series though, what a great stretch of films.

I'm going to be completely honest and say if any company gets a 1:6 license (SSC already stated that GG still has the 1:4 mixed media license) that it's SSC.

HT isn't really known for going too in depth and with them stretched so thin who know if they'd even make Ron, Hermoine and Harry. Medicom is usually one and done (I'm actually shocked there are two from them) but SSC is the only company that in 1:6 would not only go in depth but give us multiple versions of the character. While we've got multiple Batmen and Iron Men, a Harry Potter license would require different bodies, a showing of growth from child to adult not to mention I don't want to pay $200 for each character.

Hopefully we get SSC jumping into the Harry well because I'd love to have a depiction from all seven years of the main characters not to mention the professors and multiple Death Eaters.

I'd be up for SSC doing HP too!

In all honesty, it would be one of those things that I would be okay with spending on. As long as every time something is offered it has something special that I've never seen before. I wont buy it for a few special goodies unless they are brilliant. But for more scenes that we've not seen, yes!

Do you know the ultimate editions BR's?
Like this
The first 2 have some extra scenes but the directors for the rest didn't want to add extra scenes for the later movies.

The extramaterial is pretty good. They divided the whole creation of the Potter universe, the first is The Magic Begins and the second is Characters (I've only watch the first 2 but got all 6)

I don't think we'll see any more than is released on these sets - they seem to have a masterplan. But I do hope for an extended part 2.

Its funny I have book 1- 7 as well as movie 1 - 7 part 1 and 7 part 2 did almost nothing for me... The book was far better then the movie may I say that if your a fan that has not read all the books that you are missing out big time here... I left Harry Potter 7 Part 2 as if Id been let down as a fan of the book and movies because it did almost no justice at all there are huge gaps missing in the movie that where inside the book that made the book far better in my IMO... Anyway Hp is done... So I guess I dont care that much anymore...

I am a fan of the books and movies and could not disagree more. What are the huge gasps that you say are missing? The movie did the book wonderful justice and once you put parts 1 and 2 together its an awesome adaptation from book to movie.

Ok, they didn't show Harry fix his wand or the house elves, but really......so?

Kinda off topic but has anyone bought the Potter audio books?

I listened to all the books instead of reading them. They are absolutely magnificent. I listened to the American versions read by Jim Dale and I can't possibly imagine anyone else (even the great Stephen Fry) doing a better job. Jim Dale created a separate character voice for every person, but without sounding ridiculous. Even the women sound great. I believe he won a bunch of awards for his voicework on the books. And they kinda spoiled me because I "hear" all the characters as Jim Dale read them, so when I watch the movies, they sound wrong!

I would encourage everyone to listen to the audiobooks, especially if you are a fan. It is a special, and IMO, essential experience to the Harry Potter world.

I cannot say enough great things about how brilliant the audiobooks are. Fantastic.

I am a fan of the books and movies and could not disagree more. What are the huge gasps that you say are missing? The movie did the book wonderful justice and once you put parts 1 and 2 together its an awesome adaptation from book to movie.

Ok, they didn't show Harry fix his wand or the house elves, but really......so?

And. . . to say they did it "almost no justice" is absurd.

They absolutely nailed the most important part of the book and possibly the whole series, The Prince's tale, and everything dealing with Snape. His death was far, far better in the movie. His death dialogue was far better, and Voldemort's non-response was better than his response in the book.

Gringott's . . . No justice? Really? That sequence was so amazing. So they left out the burning curse. That was a stupid addition in the book anyway.

Kings Cross. . . very well done.

I could go on, but I won't. I'm just not getting "almost no justice." enlighten us HTJ please. But opinion's are opinions.

Last edited:

Didnt sideshow comtemplate whether or not to do Twilight once ? I remeber hearing that. But as if anyone would by that on here. I'm getting the medicom harry to hold me over til we get better figure's and trust me we will. But in my excitement I will get a medicom harry potter becuase it looks pretty damn cool.

And. . . to say they did it "almost no justice" is absurd.

They absolutely nailed the most important part of the book and possibly the whole series, The Prince's tale, and everything dealing with Snape. His death was far, far better in the movie. His death dialogue was far better, and Voldemort's non-response was better than his response in the book.

Grignot's . . . No justice? Really? That sequence was so amazing. So they left out the burning curse. That was a stupid addition in the book anyway.

Kings Cross. . . very well done.

I could go on, but I won't. I'm just not getting "almost no justice." enlighten us HTJ please. But opinion's are opinions.

Agree 100%. I was so worried about the Prince's Tale and how it would turn out. They NAILED his death and the tale. It was amazing IMO and the best part of the entire movie or book series.

Back