Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the stock paint was half as good as that, I would have bought them. Come on Sideshow, step it up!

Those look wonderful! I was very tempted to pick these guys up. I'm not convinced on the sculpts, but the paintwork definitely improves them!

Outstanding repaints! I think these repaints emphasize my opinion about the factory paint apps and not the sculpts being the issue. I think that, while still not perfect, Josh's repaint does find a lot more of Mark and Harrison in the sculpts than the factory paint did, a hell of a lot more, actually.

Although I have always stated (and continue to hold) that I don't really care if the portraits of the figures look like the actors. In solidarity with the collectors who do, I really think Sideshow needs to try to find out who is doing the factory paints on the Hot Toys figures and switch over to them.:)

God i wish they actually looked like that. Another big fail for SS on these figs.

another "fail" from you...

these figs are actually really great... sure, the paint isn't perfect, but the trooper armor is excellent and the helmets even better.

hardly a fail.

Damn you are so concerned with what i post. I know you look up to me but check yourself.:) I mean you showed me how much i say "fail" before in all my posts like i asked so i mean now......what you didn't? Oh yeah, that's right you can't and didn't. You mean you tried to go through my post count and show me how many times i say fail so often???? Yeah we both know the answer :) Now get off my sack kid.

Nope, 200$ for sloppy paint apps = Fail no matter how you look at it...Sorry Brewster.

Another pair from SS that i would love to own but SS wouldn't allow it. Or yet my genuine taste for quality i mean.

:peace

Last edited:
SS wouldn't allow it?

if you get the chance, check this figures out in person… the paint isn't as bad as many of the photos portray, and the armor, like i mentioned, is top notch.

I thought the armor wasn't that great personally. It is too loose on the legs. You are right about the helmets though, they are amazing.

Could someone please tell me if you can put the helmets on - as in they look like normal stormies?
Thanks.

Nope. Not without removing the heads, and even then, the helmet will only be resting on the figure since the interiors have been detailed, and not designed to be mounted on a neckpost.

Thanks Devil. Thought that was the case but I thought I saw somewhere someone had put the standard helmets on.

does anyone know any head that will fit the helmets that came with this set? I'm interested in it, but I want to use the head on my Jedi Luke and sell Han, and then use the bodies as standard stormtroopers.

Last edited:
does anyone know any head that will hit the helmets that came with this set? I'm interested in it, but I want to use the heads on my Jedi Luke and sell Han, and then use the bodies as standard stormtroopers.

You'd have to dremmel out the helmets and honestly, the sheer amount of artistry inside makes that a crime. You'd be better off selling them and finding some 1:6 Sideshow Stormtrooper helmets on Ebay or TA to use instead.

Somewhere near the beginning of this thread, what some people have been doing is they have taken off the Han and Luke heads from the neck post. Then, you take two rubber chair leg floor guards, like these:

images

You cut a small "X" in the tops of them, and pop them onto the ball posts on the trooper necks through the "X" you cut. Then pop the helmets on the rubber guards. All you need to do is grab rubber chair leg floor guards small enough to fit inside those nicely detailed helmets.

Back