Hammer Films collectibles coming from Sideshow, NECA and Mego

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you Go
Creature : Base , Head , Hands from Ebay Garage Kit ? Sculper ?
Clothing , Paint Spencers customs
Dr Frankenstein : Head EBAY sculper?
Clothing , Paint Spencers customs

NECA Hammer.jpg

Randy was recently interviewed on Monster Manor's Facebook and he said that they will be debuting some Hammer later this month at Toy Fair!

I didn't listen to the whole interview but it's is up on MM's Facebook. (Warning, audio quality is horrible)

Scroll down to Aug 26th > Monster Manor

There's been a couple folks at another forum I visit that think the snarling head is off. It's my favorite of the trio. I remember some rumblings here about their Frankenstein snarling head. Also my favorite of that trio. Mr. Grove is very scene specific. He's a fan's fan. These type of sculpts are "love letters" to these movies, and the fans benefit. This is probably my favorite scene from any Lee Dracula picture. Note the choke out scene with Harker at around the 3:30-3:32 mark. It's this scene from which he draws the inspiration for this particular portrait.

There's been a couple folks at another forum I visit that think the snarling head is off. It's my favorite of the trio. I remember some rumblings here about their Frankenstein snarling head. Also my favorite of that trio. Mr. Grove is very scene specific. He's a fan's fan. These type of sculpts are "love letters" to these movies, and the fans benefit. This is probably my favorite scene from any Lee Dracula picture. Note the choke out scene with Harker at around the 3:30-3:32 mark. It's this scene from which he draws the inspiration for this particular portrait.

What are your feelings on these sculpts compared to the Trick or Treat Studios ones?

Well, they are entirely different scales, but removing that from the equation...I cannot deny my growing admiration for Mr. Grove's skillset. So it's possible I may come across as bias. That being said, I am not tempted by ToTS Lee Dracula 1/6, but that's because I have an extremely nice custom, a Steve Thompson figure by DD, and I have the KP versions on pre order.

I do like ToTS Curse of Frankenstein though. I may wind up with that one. The ToTS Lee Dracula isn't a bad sculpt, mind you. I like it fine enough.

One quibble: I can't say as I am a fan of the inner cape lining. Looks like the upholstery in a 1970's disco van.

If I had to choose between NECA and ToTS, even though NECA are much smaller....I'm going with NECA.

Well, they are entirely different scales, but removing that from the equation...I cannot deny my growing admiration for Mr. Grove's skillset. So it's possible I may come across as bias. That being said, I am not tempted by ToTS Lee Dracula 1/6, but that's because I have an extremely nice custom, a Steve Thompson figure by DD, and I have the KP versions on pre order.

I do like ToTS Curse of Frankenstein though. I may wind up with that one. The ToTS Lee Dracula isn't a bad sculpt, mind you. I like it fine enough.

One quibble: I can't say as I am a fan of the inner cape lining. Looks like the upholstery in a 1970's disco van.

If I had to choose between NECA and ToTS, even though NECA are much smaller....I'm going with NECA.
Thanks for your musings, man!

If you view the prototypes on Lee and Price up close, you can tell they aren't factory samples. I think the end result will be amazing. If you have the skillset, and a magnifying headset, a q -tip and some isopropyl alcohol, excess blood can be removed easy enough through trial and error and then re-touch it as you like. It may look fine when released though.

If you view the prototypes on Lee and Price up close, you can tell they aren't factory samples. I think the end result will be amazing. If you have the skillset, and a magnifying headset, a q -tip and some isopropyl alcohol, excess blood can be removed easy enough through trial and error and then re-touch it as you like. It may look fine when released though.
Well, the Price is certainly right for me! :LOL:

We'll see. Let's not forget that the modern NECA sculpts have the facial details 3D ink printed onto them. One would hope they were sealed, if not they may make a mess if they were messed with.

We'll see. Let's not forget that the modern NECA sculpts have the facial details 3D ink printed onto them. One would hope they were sealed, if not they may make a mess if they were messed with.
I had to touch up a spot on my Frankenstein. Its workable to some degree with patience. I honestly think they will show up looking very pretty.

Back