Media HALO: The Masterchief Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dunno about you but im looking forward to playing 1 and 3 again just as much, also interested to see what kind of graphical update 3 gets....

I'll be replaying all four games, it's not like either one is overly long, there like 10 hours each. Should be a pretty kick ass experience though, I can't wait.

I'll be replaying all four games, it's not like either one is overly long, there like 10 hours each. Should be a pretty kick ass experience though, I can't wait.

I will be looking forward to completing every game on legendary with the updated graphics.
The one single level I hate is Cortana on halo3.
Such a slog to complete that one!

I will be looking forward to completing every game on legendary with the updated graphics.

Was that the one you go to rescue her on the downed cruiser? I remember that being such a *****!

I hate the library

The-Angry-Miz-Girl-Reaction-Gif.gif

:lol

Cortana was a boring level, and since its like a "Katabasis" the level should have been completely dark, one of the things I disliked about Halo 3 is that its always sunny, there is always light out there... I prefer the night, thats one of the reasons I love ODST so much

I think Halo 2 had the perfect campaign, I like everything about it :love I love the Arbiter

Yeah i remember those hallways and endless flood... Cant wait to play the final level again! :hi5:

It's a guilty pleasure of mine, but i always love the "ride as fast as you can through the explosions" levels. And i want to see if they have sewn up the glitch on the Delta Halo level that allowed you to skip halfway through the level using a Ghost.

I hate the library

The-Angry-Miz-Girl-Reaction-Gif.gif

:lol

Yeah. For me, i *always* hate that "Here comes the flood" level in each game. I was VERY glad that they were gone for good in H4 and beyond.

Cortana was a boring level, and since its like a "Katabasis" the level should have been completely dark, one of the things I disliked about Halo 3 is that its always sunny, there is always light out there... I prefer the night, thats one of the reasons I love ODST so much

Yes. I love the film noir music on ODST too.

I think Halo 2 had the perfect campaign, I like everything about it :love I love the Arbiter

Another cool thing was being able to stand next to covenant on campaign without them shooting at you.
Although my all time fave level on any Halo game is "Attack On The Control Room"(because of how gigantic the map is and how you can kill all the baddies then re-trace your entire game to see if you missed any, plus the banshee cheat), there are a few levels on H2 i also love.

Yeah im also glad the flood were gone, but wasnt that impressed with the Promethean's... and didnt want to be fighting covenant again after the truce of Halo 3.

Also, i hope we see another of those types of levels, that was missing from Halo 2 and we kind of had one in Halo 4 at the end of the second level, but i want another finale one!

Yeah. For me, i *always* hate that "Here comes the flood" level in each game. I was VERY glad that they were gone for good in H4 and beyond.

Yeah... I think thw flood were kind of lame in Halo 3 but I love them in Halo 2
btw in my opinion Halo 4 had the weakest campaign, good story but bad music, ugly maps... etc the art direction wasn't the best

Yes. I love the film noir music on ODST too.
It is great :clap

Another cool thing was being able to stand next to covenant on campaign without them shooting at you.
Although my all time fave level on any Halo game is "Attack On The Control Room"(because of how gigantic the map is and how you can kill all the baddies then re-trace your entire game to see if you missed any, plus the banshee cheat), there are a few levels on H2 i also love.

Which level was that? I don't remember its been a while... it is the one at the beach? :lol I think Truth and Reconciliation is one fo the best levels of that game

Quarantine Zone, Uprising and The Great Journey are my favourite levels. I also loved the ODST campaign, the golden sky... the huge maps, it was beautiful.

Yeah... I think thw flood were kind of lame in Halo 3 but I love them in Halo 2
btw in my opinion Halo 4 had the weakest campaign, good story but bad music, ugly maps... etc the art direction wasn't the best

It is great :clap

Which level was that? I don't remember its been a while... it is the one at the beach? :lol I think Truth and Reconciliation is one fo the best levels of that game

Quarantine Zone, Uprising and The Great Journey are my favourite levels. I also loved the ODST campaign, the golden sky... the huge maps, it was beautiful.

I always use to refer to it as the 'Snow Level' in my youth of playing Halo CE :clap

Would be cool to add you guys on XBL! :wink1:

Yeah im also glad the flood were gone, but wasnt that impressed with the Promethean's... and didnt want to be fighting covenant again after the truce of Halo 3.

Fighting the covenant again felt so cheap...

Uhoh2.gif

Now it seems the Chief will fight Humans, Ex Covenant, Flood..

transformers...

WiltedFlawedCrocodile.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the giant robot things :lol

Just remembered that amazing level of Halo 2, playing as the Arbiter...

Where you first go active camo (Although grunts have better camo than yours coz yours depletes and theirs doesn't... :slap)

Playing alongside hunters and chasing that Heretic Elite, such good memories and cant wait to replay!!! :gah:

It can seem that way. I always thought the Elites would *never* have entered into any new covenant alliance, even a renegade faction. The Elites are basically a mix of Klingons and Predators. All about honour and loyalty. After finding out in H2 they were being played for saps, they would *never* have formed any new alliances.
But fair enough, they aren't looking for salvation now. They were just looking for more Forerunner tech.
And in light of the backstory with the precursors and the Forerunners not being the angelic creatures we once assumed they were, it does make a bit of sense.
I also agree the Prometheans being a bit pathetic. That they were all Composed humans makes it a bit more believable. But still weak baddies.

Also, i hope we see another of those types of levels, that was missing from Halo 2 and we kind of had one in Halo 4 at the end of the second level, but i want another finale one!

Yeah. I love the b4lls to the wall escape like in the finale of Halo:CE
I also like the little easter egg cheats that can change a level when you know about them.

Yeah... I think the flood were kind of lame in Halo 3 but I love them in Halo 2

I have fave levels in every game but i reckon for gameplay and graphics, Reach is the best one. We have something for everyone and the most important thing NO FLOOD!
Plus, the best Jet pack option in the games. It lasts forever!

Which level was that? I don't remember its been a while... it is the one at the beach? :lol I think Truth and Reconciliation is one of the best levels of that game

It's the one when you get dropped off in a pelican underground, and have to fight across the bridges and through the canyons to get to the control room. It's the level before the Flood show up.

The biggest maps are the best. But I always hate when a door closes behind you or you have to jump down(With no way back up), so the game designers are blocking you from a previously-accessed part of the map.

I always use to refer to it as the 'Snow Level' in my youth of playing Halo CE :clap

Would be cool to add you guys on XBL! :wink1:

Although i never play anything *but* Halo or SW games, i never play online. For me, the juice is the campaign.

Now it seems the Chief will fight Humans, Ex Covenant, Flood..

transformers...

WiltedFlawedCrocodile.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the giant robot things :lol

Might be a War Sphinx.
Do any of you read the books?

Wernt the Elites you fight in Halo 4 part of a renegade group?

And the Arbiter returned to Sanghelios to try and reunite them as one and end a civil war or something?

I only read the old ones, I missed the others about Human-Forerunner war and all that stuff

As far as I know the Arbiter is the ultemalte boss now, he is like a ... king or something. I need to know more about the Human-Forerunner war because... I don't get it, why would Guilty Spark help MC if he is human? I'm ashamed to ask that.. I used to know a lot about Halo :lol

I hope they throw some good melee mechanics on the next game, the Chief should be able to fight Forerunners with his fists only

I will also admit that my knowledge use to be better than it is, i only read two of the books...

But in regards to mechanics, yeah id love to see Chief abit more of that stronger feel.
I like in Halo 4 the little moments like when you climb the elevator shaft, and the assassinations when they pan to 3rd person always add to the feeling that Chief is stronger than represented in the first 3.

Wernt the Elites you fight in Halo 4 part of a renegade group?

And the Arbiter returned to Sanghelios to try and reunite them as one and end a civil war or something?

Of course. I just felt that he *would* have reunited them. And it would have been a lot better just fighting Brutes/Grunts and Jackals rather than all of the above from previous games.

I only read the old ones, I missed the others about Human-Forerunner war and all that stuff

As far as I know the Arbiter is the ultimate boss now, he is like a ... king or something. I need to know more about the Human-Forerunner war because... I don't get it, why would Guilty Spark help MC if he is human? I'm ashamed to ask that.. I used to know a lot about Halo :lol

There was a lot of backstory about that in the Forerunner trilogy.
Basically the Precursors ruled this galaxy before the Forerunners came about. There's even anecdotal evidence that the Precursors created planets and creatures too. They held what is called "The Mantle Of Responsibility".
At some point, the Forerunners rose up and decided to take that Mantle for themselves. It was taking responsibility for all living things. But in taking it, they wiped out the precursors. All except one.
The Precursors had set in place a contingency plan of "revival" in case they were ever destroyed, so they could come back as a species, but the plan went wrong. What actually happened was that the came back but as the Flood.
So, the Forerunners were "in charge" of things and things were going smoothly for possibly thousands of years.
But the Flood invaded the human-held worlds and their allies, the San'Shyuum(latterly known as The Prophets). In fighting the Flood, Humankind and the Prophets spread out to wipe out the Flood(Generally by glassing the surfaces of the infected worlds, populated or not), but in doing so attacked and glassed a few Forerunner planets.
It was not discovered until after the human/Forerunner war was pretty much over that the humans were not expanding territorially, but acting to stop a Flood outbreak and by then, the Forerunners(Who thought they were invincible and taken Flood samples to study) were weakened by a century of war and couldn't withstand the flood. They genetically de-evolved the humans and put them on Earth, and did the same for the San'Shyuum(There is mentiond made in one of the books that the San'Shyuum in their fully evolved state were the most beautifully handsome creatures in the galaxy), putting them on their own planet in quarantine. There is talk in the H3 Terminals of tens of thousands of starships infected by flood, and they couldn't fight that war.
So, they built the Halos and the Ark, took genetic samples of all species and kept them in shield worlds, set the Haloes to fire and allowed the galaxy to be re-seeded.
Of course, there were still Flood spores archived on the Halos... Which is where the first game puts us into the story.

I hope they throw some good melee mechanics on the next game, the Chief should be able to fight Forerunners with his fists only

Yeah.
Another thing is that after Fred and the rest of the Spartan-IIs survived a fall from orbit in their armour, i am always upset when the Chief gets hurt falling ten metres...

I will also admit that my knowledge use to be better than it is, i only read two of the books...

If you like the greater Halo Universe, the books are a great addition. They add loads of great character info and backstory, and give you a sense of a greater universe going on.
I'd go so far as to say that the only other ScFi universe that comes close is Stargate(In my own opinion).

Back