Media HALO: The Masterchief Collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the Halo games, but never played enough that I could compete with those kids on the multiplayer.

I'm with you on that, I can maybe play games 5 or 7 hours a week at best, and sometimes that's not even possible. Multiplayer was fun when I had a bunch of time and friends that still played games, but now, it's all about the story, which has mainly been my pull to games anyways.

j-law-fangirling.gif

tumblr_lye33rAxR91qkdmpx.gif

fangirling.gif

I still can't believe this

Halo 2 is easily one of my favourite games of all time, the story of that game is so freaking epic and beautiful I'll never forget it. I wasn't sure about getting an Xbone before, now I need it

Halo 2 graphics comparison :
https://m.imgur.com/a/Y8h6w

Incredible.
I never before paid attention to the fact that Regret has ear-rings...
I have *just* come off a month-long Halo binge working my way through all the games campaigns. I just finished Halo4 this week, so i am excited at the notion of an updated Halo2, which was always the weak link in the chain.
Looks like my statement of *I'll NEVER buy and Xbox One* was untrue, lol.

Holy **** the Arbiter.

no kidding, my god, these updates look like they came out of a hollywood movie. Those are prerendered movies right? That's not the actual game play is it? I know the stage shots are gameplay but there's no way the character shots are in game, if they are those are insane. But even at prerendered, 343 is given places like WETA and ILM a run for there money.

no kidding, my god, these updates look like they came out of a hollywood movie. Those are prerendered movies right? That's not the actual game play is it? I know the stage shots are gameplay but there's no way the character shots are in game, if they are those are insane. But even at prerendered, 343 is given places like WETA and ILM a run for there money.

Most likely a pre-rendered movie shot.
But the gameplay comparisons are pretty good too
The shot of the Prophet Of Regret is in the Lake Temple on the Delta Halo, and i don't recall a cinematic that took place in there. I could be wrong of course. All his sermons from there were broadcast via hologram or transmitted speech.
But it's looking good regardless.
I'd expect the game to be more of a leap in quality than Halo:CE Anniversary was from the first one now that they have it on the Xbox One.

This is the reason why I’ll be buying my XBONE this month.

The Gungoose and reimagined Coagulation:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Everyone seems to be doing major Xbox One packages this month. Makes me wonder if they are getting rid of stock to make room for a new bundle coming?

Plus they really need to rename this Halo 2: Anniversary Collection (plus some other games you won't play) Package!

Everyone seems to be doing major Xbox One packages this month. Makes me wonder if they are getting rid of stock to make room for a new bundle coming?

Plus they really need to rename this Halo 2: Anniversary Collection (plus some other games you won't play) Package!

Dunno about you but im looking forward to playing 1 and 3 again just as much, also interested to see what kind of graphical update 3 gets....

Dunno about you but im looking forward to playing 1 and 3 again just as much, also interested to see what kind of graphical update 3 gets....

Yup, as much as I want to play Halo 2 as it's been years, I think I'll run through them in order.

They said at e3 that Halo 3 and 4 primarily received a resolution bump and details just looks better as it's being run on stronger hardware. No real graphical tweaks were made by the team.

Yup, as much as I want to play Halo 2 as it's been years, I think I'll run through them in order.

They said at e3 that Halo 3 and 4 primarily received a resolution bump and details just looks better as it's being run on stronger hardware. No real graphical tweaks were made by the team.

Will be a nice addition though to see any graphical update, and to play them all on one console, on one disk is wicked!!

Will be a nice addition though to see any graphical update, and to play them all on one console, on one disk is wicked!!

Yup, that was a big reason they put them all one once disc instead of separating them.

Also, the multiplayer is linked between all Halo 1-4...for example, you log on to play and when you vote for a map, the vote contains a map from Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 1. Whatever map is chosen, the game then loads that map with those original settings/glitches/design/everything from that specific game.

Yup, that was a big reason they put them all one once disc instead of separating them.

Also, the multiplayer is linked between all Halo 1-4...for example, you log on to play and when you vote for a map, the vote contains a map from Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 1. Whatever map is chosen, the game then loads that map with those original settings/glitches/design/everything from that specific game.

Yeah i saw that at the Q&A, what a wicked feature!

Back