Halo 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this game for Christmas and was really excited to play it. Sadly, I was very disappointed. I finished the campaign in around 8 hours. Played it in one sitting. I don't do much MP and it just bums me out that they would put out a game with such an incredibly short campaign. :mad: I liked how they continued the story...but I am glad this was a gift because if I had paid $60+ for 8 hours of game play I would be pissed.

Same here! But I can't say i'm disappointed, because I expected it to be what it was. I'm just sad I was right.

Aside from the stunning cinematics, and graphics, it was a half assed attempted at continuing the story. Which made no sense. I have no idea what happened. But apparently, I have to find the terminals, and read the books to figure that out. **** that. No thank you. Bungie had the decency to tell a solid story WITHOUT doing that. Sure, you COULD, and it would heighten the experience, but you didn't NEED too.

But the music really ruined the entire game for me. Without the Halo theme blasting, I have a really hard time getting INTO the game. I don't feel like i'm in my own story any more. And that was a major bummer. The music was awful, in every possible way. The most bland, generic, Hollywood score I've heard in a while. Not one stand out theme. Just noise.

I gave up on the 3rd to last level, and just WATCHED the rest of the game. None of the battles were fun. The Prometheans are ridiculously difficult. Very tedious. Not to mention the ****ed up save points.

Where's all the BIG WIDE OPEN epic battles? Why is every fight located in a small area with little room to roam? So dull.

I did try and give it a chance. I warmed up to it once the Prometheans came in. They felt new, and fresh. But then they partnered with the Covenant. Why? WHY? ****ing hell. And then the rest of the game was a Tron Legacy, Star Wars, Independence Day, and Thor rip off. It didn't feel like something fresh.

Also, what was up with that villain? He doesn't fit in at all in the Halo Verse. He looks like something out of Star Trek, or Warcraft. And his name sucks too. Actually, all the names suck. Prometheans, Didact, COMPOSER??? Ragh. RAGH.

I don't get the hate for Reach. That game was MUCH better then this. AND it felt different enough, but STILL had the grand scope you'd expect from this series.

343, you can have Halo. I'm good.

I got this game for Christmas and was really excited to play it. Sadly, I was very disappointed. I finished the campaign in around 8 hours. Played it in one sitting. I don't do much MP and it just bums me out that they would put out a game with such an incredibly short campaign. :mad: I liked how they continued the story...but I am glad this was a gift because if I had paid $60+ for 8 hours of game play I would be pissed.

perhaps you should have played it at a higher difficulty level?

it doesnt. If you have fun you play better. I learned that with this one.

Same here! But I can't say i'm disappointed, because I expected it to be what it was. I'm just sad I was right.

Aside from the stunning cinematics, and graphics, it was a half assed attempted at continuing the story. Which made no sense. I have no idea what happened. But apparently, I have to find the terminals, and read the books to figure that out. **** that. No thank you. Bungie had the decency to tell a solid story WITHOUT doing that. Sure, you COULD, and it would heighten the experience, but you didn't NEED too.

But the music really ruined the entire game for me. Without the Halo theme blasting, I have a really hard time getting INTO the game. I don't feel like i'm in my own story any more. And that was a major bummer. The music was awful, in every possible way. The most bland, generic, Hollywood score I've heard in a while. Not one stand out theme. Just noise.

I gave up on the 3rd to last level, and just WATCHED the rest of the game. None of the battles were fun. The Prometheans are ridiculously difficult. Very tedious. Not to mention the ****ed up save points.

Where's all the BIG WIDE OPEN epic battles? Why is every fight located in a small area with little room to roam? So dull.

I did try and give it a chance. I warmed up to it once the Prometheans came in. They felt new, and fresh. But then they partnered with the Covenant. Why? WHY? ****ing hell. And then the rest of the game was a Tron Legacy, Star Wars, Independence Day, and Thor rip off. It didn't feel like something fresh.

Also, what was up with that villain? He doesn't fit in at all in the Halo Verse. He looks like something out of Star Trek, or Warcraft. And his name sucks too. Actually, all the names suck. Prometheans, Didact, COMPOSER??? Ragh. RAGH.

I don't get the hate for Reach. That game was MUCH better then this. AND it felt different enough, but STILL had the grand scope you'd expect from this series.

343, you can have Halo. I'm good.

343 are just expanding the universe using the fiction that already exists. If you took the time to find the terminals or read a few wikipedia pages you would have been more involved with the story, and realized that it's a great one, despite the campaigns length.

Also, you are far too attached to the original Halo theme music. Give the new soundtrack a chance. I fell in love with it after buying the soundtrack. This is a new trilogy, and a new trilogy needs a new sound. As for the gameplay, because the story was more linear and was meant to feel like a race, the battles were more tightly coordinated through corridors or small outdoor areas. You don't have a falcon to fly you to the battle, and there isn't a battle. It's just the Chief and Cortana racing to save Earth (cliched idea but again you have to understand the story to be convinced)

For Halo 5 I'm hoping they bring it back to the large open battles and expand the story to reveal the larger plot (exactly what they did with Halo 2). Halo 4 is very similar to Halo 1 in the sense that you have limited contact with the UNSC and you're racing to save the Earth and the annihilation of the universe. Halo 5 (Halo 2) will reveal the larger picture and throw you in a deeper plot.

Some people must have been pretty good at this game to just finish it in one playing session of 8 hours. Took me several days to finish the campaign, but 4 hours would have been my playing limit, I don't know how people play longer than that in one go.

343 are just expanding the universe using the fiction that already exists. If you took the time to find the terminals or read a few wikipedia pages you would have been more involved with the story, and realized that it's a great one, despite the campaigns length.

Also, you are far too attached to the original Halo theme music. Give the new soundtrack a chance. I fell in love with it after buying the soundtrack. This is a new trilogy, and a new trilogy needs a new sound. As for the gameplay, because the story was more linear and was meant to feel like a race, the battles were more tightly coordinated through corridors or small outdoor areas. You don't have a falcon to fly you to the battle, and there isn't a battle. It's just the Chief and Cortana racing to save Earth (cliched idea but again you have to understand the story to be convinced)

For Halo 5 I'm hoping they bring it back to the large open battles and expand the story to reveal the larger plot (exactly what they did with Halo 2). Halo 4 is very similar to Halo 1 in the sense that you have limited contact with the UNSC and you're racing to save the Earth and the annihilation of the universe. Halo 5 (Halo 2) will reveal the larger picture and throw you in a deeper plot.

1: No. I should never have to do such a thing, for any kind of property. They should tell me everything I need to know. Now, perhaps a side character that pops up interests me, and there's a WHOLE backstory on that person that's out there for me to read, I will gladly do it, and it could improve my experience with the story. But I should never have to do any "work" to find out what the hell was going on.

2: You're damn right I am. But even so....the music is just too dull and generic, and actually takes all the fun out of any battle due to it's utter blandness. I don't get the love for it. Glad you dig it...but I don't get it.

3: I won't find out, because I won't be playing. I gave it a try, and it failed for me. And it's sad. Halo isn't what it was, nor is it what it could be.

And as for the last comment, I played it over the course of 4 days. On normal. I try to get it done quickly so I can get the whole story. If I feel inclined to replay it, I would later, but for this game, I could never see it. I don't remember a single standout fun moment. Unlike the other Halo's, such as my personal favorite....Halo 3, the first battle with the Scarab. So many fun ways to blow that ****er up.

perhaps you should have played it at a higher difficulty level?

I always do my first play through on an easy/normal level so I can pay more attention to the story and not miss out on anything. Then I'll up the difficulty on my next plays....though to be honest, I doubt I will play this again.

My friend who bought this for me, got me the Limited Edition version -which has all this stuff for MP, which I won't use. Think I'll trade it in for something new.

I really didn't intend to play this one sitting. :lol I had hoped it would take a couple days...but I kept thinking that I would play through one more level...and then one more level..and they were so short that before I knew it, I had reached the end. I started playing at 5pm and finished a little after 1am.

I do the same. I play on easy to look at the story and then I play it on hard.

1: No. I should never have to do such a thing, for any kind of property. They should tell me everything I need to know. Now, perhaps a side character that pops up interests me, and there's a WHOLE backstory on that person that's out there for me to read, I will gladly do it, and it could improve my experience with the story. But I should never have to do any "work" to find out what the hell was going on.

2: You're damn right I am. But even so....the music is just too dull and generic, and actually takes all the fun out of any battle due to it's utter blandness. I don't get the love for it. Glad you dig it...but I don't get it.

3: I won't find out, because I won't be playing. I gave it a try, and it failed for me. And it's sad. Halo isn't what it was, nor is it what it could be.

And as for the last comment, I played it over the course of 4 days. On normal. I try to get it done quickly so I can get the whole story. If I feel inclined to replay it, I would later, but for this game, I could never see it. I don't remember a single standout fun moment. Unlike the other Halo's, such as my personal favorite....Halo 3, the first battle with the Scarab. So many fun ways to blow that ****er up.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. Personally it was my favorite game of the year, and I'm glad that I liked it, because I had huge expectations. I guess for some it'll never live up to the original trilogy, but for myself, this marks the return of my favorite gaming franchise, and I'm pumped for Halo 5.
:peace

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCzCkfkwfA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back