Halloween (October 19th, 2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the fact that the mask is beat up in the poster shot evokes RZ Myers, but it looks to me like the features are based on the Shatner mask to make it truly line up as a sequel to Carpenter's films, I'm all for aging and distressing it, it seems more natural and less exaggerated than the RZ mask. I'm excited.

I m with you on this....

I liked H20 for all its faults and I am actually a big fan of Return.

Halloween 10/10
Halloween 2 7/10
Halloween 4 Return of Micheal Myers 7/10
Halloween H20 6/10

These are the only films in my personal cannon....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that Michael Myers didn't join Freddy, Jason, and Chucky in Ready Player One. I wonder if the studio deliberately refused to allow him to appear so that it wouldn't diminish whatever they have planned for his own film coming up.

Last edited:
Interesting that Michael Myers didn't join Freddy, Jason, and Chucky in Ready Player One. I wonder if the studio deliberately refused to allow him to appear so that he wouldn't diminish whatever they have planned for his own film coming up.

I believe Universal may outright own those where Akkad owns Myers.

That’s probably it.

I really hope they make the shape a force of nature because slashers are still box office poison.

They keep saying they want to make it literally Myers from '78 back again, that said, they are embracing the 2 exists where entered the sister angle, so we shall see.

It's the 3rd continuation from Carpenter's first two films.

1. Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Halloween 6

2. Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween H20, Halloween: Resurrection

3. Halloween, Halloween II, Halloween 2018
Fixed. You forgot the Busta Rhymes one.

"The Return of Micheal Myers" was a horribly boring soft reboot.
"The Revenge of Michael Myers" was a decent horror film.

Been waiting for this I cannot wait hopefully it's decent. Most of the Halloween movies sucked balls except 1,2,3 and H20. I do like H5 but the rest are awful. I heard this ignores all sequels so it's a straight sequel to the first film I believe.

How are they going to make this without just remaking H20?

how on earth are they going to have Jamie in it but not just copy h20? this is just gonna end up being a remake of h20

How are they going to make this without just remaking H20?

how on earth are they going to have Jamie in it but not just copy h20? this is just gonna end up being a remake of h20

Technically in a way it is except H2 never happened and now instead of a son and not married she has a daughter and granddaughter lol.

I liked H20 for all its faults and I am actually a big fan of Return.

Halloween 10/10
Halloween 2 7/10
Halloween 4 Return of Micheal Myers 7/10
Halloween H20 6/10

These are the only films in my personal cannon....

For me it's...

Halloween - 8.5/10

Halloween II - 6/10

Halloween III - 7.5/10

The rest are garbage IMO.

I don’t know which series is more inconsistent, this or Xmen:slap

It's retarded to ignore movies in a series. They happened. Superman IV happened. Busta Rhymes happened. Alien 3 happened. A good writer will make it work. That is one thing I loved about the Saw series is they made the effort to have a pretty solid continuity with all the films.

It doesn’t help that the very first sequel was somewhat rushed and a solid way to continue without having it focus on Laurie and even just focusing on her wouldn’t have been and issue if it were treated like she was the one that got away, introducing the sister angle I think was the worst move for the franchise. Look at series like Freddy or Jason, or Saw, it works better when you can have a fresh set of victims each film, I realize Jason has certain motivations but that’s what set Michael apart originally, there was no explanation as to why he did what he did. You could even just make his town a factor like Camp Crystal Lake is for Jason. It just seems like sequels struggle because of trying to work the Strode angle.

Truth is most of the audience that will pay to see this knows absolutely nothing about the other films.

Ask em'

Most will tell you something like "I think I saw part of Halloween some time in the past......"

They don't even know how many films there are, and the studios know that.

Hell thats why we never really get the sequel we want. 95% of the audience doesn't give a crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Truth is most of the audience that will pay to see this knows absolutely nothing about the other films.

Ask em'

Most will tell you something like "I think I saw part of Halloween some time in the past......"

They don't even know how many films there are, and the studios know that.

Hell thats why we never really get the sequel we want. 95% of the audience doesn't give a crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^ yup, that's the key right there. This is also very true for a lot of movie franchises discussed on this board, but most fans seem to not even realize this. "It's so stupid to have xmen 6 not connect with xmen 3!!!!!". Very few regular audience members care as long as the singular experience is good.

As for Halloween, the greatest slasher in history. I don't think a deep mythology or connecting plots will make or break the movie. What will make or break the movie is suspense and set pieces. The movie needs a simple plot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bboy’s last sentence is 100% accurate and crucial for this movie to work.

Look unless Carpenter/Castle are broke and almost homeless and just needed the money I will say that their first time involvement since H3 for Carpenter and H1 for Castle is a very significant occasion so something about THIS movie and not any other of the sequels was finally good enough to get them onboard.

Carpenter was saying great stuff about it which he never does about the Myers sequels EVER.

I don’t know lets see what they came up with.

Other than H1 every single movie with MM in it is trash.

H3 is just a simple cool movie about Witchcraft nothing to do with the Shape.

Imagine if they connect the Shape with Cochran in this lol

Back