Halloween (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would pay to see it!

modern slashers are not really that successful, can you name an iconic, great slasher of the last 10 years?
does Jigsaw count? anyone else?

Ghostface and Jigsaw are about it for mainstream. There are a slew of direct to video slashers, but they pretty much all suck with no interesting original slashers, just ripoff Jason and Leatherfaces.

I would pay to see it!

Ghostface and Jigsaw are about it for mainstream. There are a slew of direct to video slashers, but they pretty much all suck with no interesting original slashers, just ripoff Jason and Leatherfaces.

they make no money either,

Carpenter isn't directing.. he's producing. And maybe doing the score. He will be there to help out the director.

Oh alright, I just assumed it was a director spot.

Carpenter is prolly attached only to get a paycheck.

This. He just wants to smoke and drink until he's dead

I don't think that was ever even in talks. Campbell mentioned there being an ED4 film, and a sequel to that **** remake, AND a sequel after that with him and the broad that was in the remake.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is all we got for any more Ash. They waited too long to attempt it, and it's not very good. Only had 2-3 good episodes of the entire season.

If Jigsaw counts, then I'm guessing the girl doll from those paranormal investigator movies is (sadly) on this list.

Guy from Hatchet was pretty good, but not iconic. There have been some really, really good horror movies over the last decade. But they haven't connected with mass audiences.

It Follows, Drag Me to Hell, Let the Right One In, Cabin in the Woods, You're Next, Hush, Hatchet. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering. I really liked Deliver Us from Evil, too, even if it was pretty cliched toward the end. Supposedly Witch is great, though I'm waiting for Redbox. We Are Still Here just got added to Netflix, and it's one of the next things I want to check out. Starry Eyes is another one with good reviews I need to see.

Mass audiences nowadays, though, they really just want hidden camera/poltergeist junk.

You're Next was good, but that was a group, not a single slasher character.

If you want groups, The Strangers is another.

It Follows, Drag Me to Hell, Let the Right One In, Cabin in the Woods, You're Next, Hush, Hatchet. I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering. I really liked Deliver Us from Evil, too, even if it was pretty cliched toward the end. Supposedly Witch is great, though I'm waiting for Redbox. We Are Still Here just got added to Netflix, and it's one of the next things I want to check out. Starry Eyes is another one with good reviews I need to see.

Mass audiences nowadays, though, they really just want hidden camera/poltergeist junk.

Starry Eyes was pretty good..Contracted is good if you like sci-fi horror

You're Next was good, but that was a group, not a single slasher character.

Inside.

Wolf Creek.

Haute Tension/Switchblade Romance (if you ignore the 'twist').

Apart from those few, I'm struggling to think of anything with a 'single slasher' that wasn't utter s**e.

What was the one where he dressed like a full on gimp, rigged up an entire house with a load of lethal but implausible death traps and then, at the end, got confused by his own reflection like a dog catching sight of himself in the oven door?

I'm a sucker for the Paranormal type movies and found footage flicks too. Aside from the other good ones mentioned, there have been a handful of really good possession flicks in the last decade too.

What was the one where he dressed like a full on gimp, rigged up an entire house with a load of lethal but implausible death traps and then, at the end, got confused by his own reflection like a dog catching sight of himself in the oven door?

Don't know, but sounds incredible

Hopefully this film can goes a long ways to erase some of the shocking sequels that has happened after HII '81 (most of the films I know). Having Carpenter on-board should be a positive but you just never know. Would we trust Cameron to make a decent Terminator movie these days after he gave Genisys the thumbs up?

Anyways I would like to see this pick up after HII '81. A few years later perhaps, Loomis died in the fire, Laurie's ambulance crashed not long after they were moving her at the end of the movie and the only one that survived that night was Myers, that also plays on the 'you can't run from the boogeyman' theory/storyline. Also makes Michael back to being the pure evil entity he is suppose to be as opposed to being a Thorn member or taking orders from the man in black etc.

But yeah the next few months shall be interesting to see what develops and also absolutely no Busta 'I got you all in check' Rhymes please.

Back