HA !!! GREY HULK PF ON EBAY !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Andy said:
Nothing against folks who do that (it's a means of income, I can't criticize), I've just never had the heart to do that myself.

I bolded up the one word in your final sentence, but I have got to ask, why did you use that word.

I don't have a problem with those out there who do it to make money for a living, who actually have a store or what not. Like I said, there is nothing I can do, except not pay those prices, which I don't. That is why I have holes in my collection at this time. It just sucks that someone goes out and buys a Grey Hulk vs. Spider-Man for instance, only to sell it to someone who truly wants it for 3 or 4 times the actual price.

It is a hobby and to each their own I guess. "Flippers" can do what they want and post about it, it is just that I can post a disdain for flippers as well.

Sideshow Andy said:
But I've never actually ordered/purchased a piece that I never did intend to keep in the first place, for the sake of profit. Nothing against folks who do that, I've just never had the heart to do that myself.

after the Flippers banner runs its course, I have a new quote to use :lol

the ONLY thing I dont like about flipping is that it more or less is robbing from the poor to sell to the rich. ... so to speak. Since many of the people who want those pieces could afford the SS price if they had secured one, but not the flipping price on ebay.

.. but I am still a little bitter from trying to hunt down a McWerewolf from the Wetworks line. :banghead

Last edited:
Mithrandier said:
I bolded up the one word in your final sentence, but I have got to ask, why did you use that word..

All I meant is that it would make me feel bad, scrambling to buy something when I knew I had no intention of keeping it. Nothing wrong with that (I certainly didn't mean to imply flippers are "heartless" or anything), I'd just feel like I was cheating another fan out of the chance.

Doc-- I'm not sure which one I like better, I have yet to actually see either painted version in person. But, I'm slightly leaning towards the green, just because that's the true 'classic' in my eyes.

Sideshow Andy said:
All I meant is that it would make me feel bad, scrambling to buy something when I knew I had no intention of keeping it. Nothing wrong with that (I certainly didn't mean to imply flippers are "heartless" or anything), I'd just feel like I was cheating another fan out of the chance.

Andy, in no way did I mean to insinuate that you were saying they were heartless. By no means................in any way.

It is just I happen to think the same way that you do..............except that I wouldn't necessarily agree 100% that the flippers might not be heartless.................

The thing that always gets me is when people say, now they have to pay ebay prices. No you don't. You choose to pay ebay prices and are keeping the scalpers in business by doing so. Nobody is forcing you to buy these things at inflated prices. You are choosing to.

Bannister said:
The thing that always gets me is when people say, now they have to pay ebay prices. No you don't. You choose to pay ebay prices and are keeping the scalpers in business by doing so. Nobody is forcing you to buy these things at inflated prices. You are choosing to.

This is true to a certain point. If there was something I desperately wanted but sold out, I'd then have to get it off eBay or be without. I think it's easier if it's not something you had your heart set on to pass. But if you are "getting it no matter what", then you do have to pay eBay prices.

Sideshow Andy said:
Doc-- I'm not sure which one I like better, I have yet to actually see either painted version in person. But, I'm slightly leaning towards the green, just because that's the true 'classic' in my eyes.

thanks andy.
im going to try and get both.
your hulks amazing no matter what colour...:clap

Khev said:
...Its not like many of us actually use our collections to benefit society so its hard to claim having any high ground over the profiteers...

That's not necessarily true. After a hard days work with my boss and fellow employees pissing me off and then having to deal with morons in the customer service department from my cable company or Internet provider I can look at my collectibles, smell them, hug them and kiss them and I feel all better. So indirectly my collectibles are benefiting society by keeping me from going postal and being a threat to society. :wacky :D

Fritz said:
That's not necessarily true. After a hard days work with my boss and fellow employees pissing me off and then having to deal with morons in the customer service department from my cable company or Internet provider I can look at my collectibles, smell them, hug them and kiss them and I feel all better. So indirectly my collectibles are benefiting society by keeping me from going postal and being a threat to society. :wacky :D
I also heard that Sideshow Collectibles cure cancer.

the Doctor said:
your hulks amazing no matter what colour...:clap

hulkpurple.jpg

Hmmmm.......HULK not feel angry......Hulk feel.......pretty.

Back