HA !!! GREY HULK PF ON EBAY !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadly Dagger said:
"NOTE - I will ship the Figurine for FREE if you USE the Buy it Now!"

....how dare he call THE MIGHTY HULK a figurine....bah! :monkey4

Hmmm. Now he's calling it a Sculpture.

NOTE - I will ship the Sculpture for FREE if you USE the Buy it Now!

mfoga said:
I wish Sideshow and other companies would do thing to stop this. They can identify the Seller and remove them from pre-order status. Its a shame that real collectors can't get the items they want. I was shocked to see all the Comic Con items for sale even while the con was still going. I know that this is probally a pipe dream but we can hope.

Come come now. Is it the fact that the sellers are listing far too early, or the
fact that they are selling it at all that upsets you? If it is the too early listing,
well that is fine (even though the sellers still seem legitimate) but if it is the
fact that they're selling it, they've no different from many boardmembers here
who bought this piece only to re-sell for profit. It is a tough line to draw and
is always a topic of endless debate that will never end as long as there are
super-low edition sizes and some people miss out who really wanted it for their
collection, and then they see members selling them.

I got hosed on the original order for the Grey Hulk vs. Spidey Diorama and I was
pissed, as I wanted it to keep for my collection while many others just bought
it to sell. That is the way of things, and sometimes ya get lucky, and sometimes
ya miss out.
I got lucky on the Grey Hulk PF, but I just as easily could have missed it too.

JS :peace

JSAuctionService said:
Come come now. Is it the fact that the sellers are listing far too early, or the
fact that they are selling it at all that upsets you? If it is the too early listing,
well that is fine (even though the sellers still seem legitimate) but if it is the
fact that they're selling it, they've no different from many boardmembers here
who bought this piece only to re-sell for profit. It is a tough line to draw and
is always a topic of endless debate that will never end as long as there are
super-low edition sizes and some people miss out who really wanted it for their
collection, and then they see members selling them.

I got hosed on the original order for the Grey Hulk vs. Spidey Diorama and I was
pissed, as I wanted it to keep for my collection while many others just bought
it to sell. That is the way of things, and sometimes ya get lucky, and sometimes
ya miss out.
I got lucky on the Grey Hulk PF, but I just as easily could have missed it too.

I could care less how early they decide to sell an item. What I have an issue is with people who will buy it with the sole purpose of selling it for a profit. It sucks for true collectors. If you purchase something and later have a need to sell it thats different but to buy just to sell on ebay or other site it sucks for those who want it and have pre-order status too. I mean look at ebay right after comic con and see all the exclusives out there and then look at there other items, wow what a shock every other single exclusive item from comic con and thats it. Like I said what I asked for was a pipe dream becasue no company really cares if they go straight to a collector or straight to ebay. At least they are limiting them I guess so we have some or shot. I just wish I would have realized that it was going to be so limited I would have made a shot at it and then resold it here to a true collector who missed out for exactly what I paid for it.

Hmm - maybe I should fork out for the next comic con and then pay the credit card bill by flipping stacks of exclusives.............

Nah - I couldn't be that big an a$$ hat.

mfoga said:
I could care less how early they decide to sell an item. What I have an issue is with people who will buy it with the sole purpose of selling it for a profit. It sucks for true collectors. If you purchase something and later have a need to sell it thats different but to buy just to sell on ebay or other site it sucks for those who want it and have pre-order status too. I mean look at ebay right after comic con and see all the exclusives out there and then look at there other items, wow what a shock every other single exclusive item from comic con and thats it. Like I said what I asked for was a pipe dream becasue no company really cares if they go straight to a collector or straight to ebay. At least they are limiting them I guess so we have some or shot. I just wish I would have realized that it was going to be so limited I would have made a shot at it and then resold it here to a true collector who missed out for exactly what I paid for it.

The only consolation I can offer is that these are luxuries, and not necessities,
so missing them is annoying and frustrating, but not a life-and-death situation.

I've been on both sides - missing some items and having to pay,
and also getting lucky on some items to get my order in before sellout.

Win some, lose some, yin/yang, karma, chance, luck of the draw.....

JSAuctionService said:
The only consolation I can offer is that these are luxuries, and not necessities,
so missing them is annoying and frustrating, but not a life-and-death situation.

great POV JS.

about the same state of mind I try to keep myself in too

Originally Posted by JSAuctionService

JS

Great Point JS! Glad occulum agrees too.
I mean that is the EXACT way I feel.
Win some, lose some. Everyone will live the next day. That is why recently I have been given certain members a hard time, all in fun of course but I don't understand how some complain as if its a matter of life and death. OK so they don't say that but they do act like it. Instantly they let their fustrations out on those "flipping". But if you ask me, there are different kinds of scalpers.

I myself have sold items on ebay for more funds now and then but do I live off of it? Heck no. It's either to fund my own hobby or to fund my yearly SDCC trip.

Last edited:
yeah. its all in fun for the most part.
While I dont agree with purchasing items for the sole purpose of flipping them with no desire at all of keeping it for yourself, as someone said elsewhere, "its the american way". To each their own. Im not gonna get in some ranting dabate over the issue. Or any other issue that has to do with a "hobby".

Doesnt mean I cant create banners to jab at them though for the fun of it. And Id sit and have a beer with every flipper on here in a heartbeat. Its all really not that big of a deal.
:duff

Originally Posted by Occulum
To each their own. Im not gonna get in some ranting dabate over the issue. Or any other issue that has to do with a "hobby".

Doesnt mean I cant create banners to jab at them though for the fun of it. And Id sit and have a beer with every flipper on here in a heartbeat. Its all really not that big of a deal.

Hell yeah Occulum! You da man! :rock :chug

Trust me I like the gay dolphin banner, leave it up for a while. Best part it offends Jessewilson whos really gay.
(J/K Jesse :monkey5 )
My dolphin graphics will keep coming, remember folks, ALL IN FUN!

Our phrase of the day: ALL IN FUN!

(if this phrase is heard throughout the day, everyone must yell)

The only consolation I can offer is that these are luxuries, and not necessities, so missing them is annoying and frustrating, but not a life-and-death situation.

Hear, Hear! It's not like you missed out on your heart medication or something. Odds are in a few years you'll look at your collection and say to yourself, "What the hell was I thinking?!"

Eric

All are good POV's......................but I think the idea that upsets a few, one of the few being myself, is that there are those of us who try to get an order in for a piece to keep it. And yes, I can honestly say that I have only tried to get rid of one piece that I have. That is a helm that SS sent to me for free, but I still have it even though I do not collect the helms. And then there are those who beat others out just to turn around and make a quick buck. And then a person has to buy it off of the "Flipper" for a price of an extra $1000 or whatever ridiculous price increase that they add.

You take honest guys like "Joe Bob" and "Adam Smith" who have buisnesses, who buy pieces from Sideshow and then sells it at a price similar to Sideshow's prices. Is this fair to him as well...............didn't think so. If these guys were not good, then they could say hell with it and sell all of their items at ungodly prices. Then they would have a few buyers instead of hundreds or thousands happy buyers.

Yes the debate about flipping will go on forever and ever. Is there anything we can do to change it. Not really, because some people cannot resist and buy it at these dumba$$ prices. They buy it when it is only a $1000 above the SS price because they are afraid that if they want it down the road, they will have to pay twice that amount. The only way to keep these quote-unquote collectors from flipping these things is to not buy them at the idiotic inflated price.

It would be awesome if SS were able to have the time and money to track this sorta thing at least on eBay. Pull these peoples pre-Orders and cancel their accounts and any future account that they open up.

When all someone has to do to get a collectible is just click their mouse at the right time or somehow get through on a flooded telephone line then to each their own for the lucky few who get them. What they do with them is their business.

For all we know the flippers are using their profits to build orphanages or something. :lol Its not like many of us actually use our collections to benefit society so its hard to claim having any high ground over the profiteers. :chew

I started a Polystone Orphanage in my office.
All statue and bust contributions are welcome........

JS :monkey3 :lol

I'm also accepting donations in the form of SW/LOTR collectibles. Any duplicates I receive will be sold and the money given to charity so you'd be contributing to a very good cause.

Khev said:
...Its not like many of us actually use our collections to benefit society so its hard to claim having any high ground over the profiteers...

This is a very good point, and one I've always agreed with. Many folks justify their flipping to "fund other purchases", etc. So if the average 'scalper' on Ebay uses his proceeds to pay his cable bill, how is that any less noble than using the funds to buy more swag?

Either you buy to keep or you don't. It's pretty black & white in my opinion. If you buy to sell later, you're in the same category as anyone else who does the same regardless of their motivation. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with flipping, don't get me wrong.... Just making a point.

I've sold many pieces from my collection over the years, sometimes due to loss of interest or other times just because I was hard up for cash. But I've never actually ordered/purchased a piece that I never did intend to keep in the first place, for the sake of profit. Nothing against folks who do that (it's a means of income, I can't criticize), I've just never had the heart to do that myself.

Damn guys..............the way you word that.................it sounds so cool.............I never thought of that..................."Flippers" "flip" statues and busts in order to give to the needy. Freakin modern day Robin Hoods.........................that is a great POV..............man do I have mudd on my face.

Yes, instead of the money I contribute to the childrens hospitals every month and to church every week (and to the bikini car washes)...................and you are right...........since society itself does not benefit from it at all, I am gonna quit buying from respectable dealers and from SS, and give my cash to the "Flippers", sorry, to the "collectors".

Like all of the Necromongers out there today, I to am a convert. Who is selling the new GG LOTR busts? I had them on pre-order for only $40.00. I wanna pay $450 plus $100 shipping.......................I know someone out there will sell me this at this price..............come on

hey andy,just wondering which hulk you prefere.
the green or gray hulk.
i love the gray.truely amazing.
regards

Back