Statue Gwen Stacy Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f4aeccac85e9d202ce42993fd425e580.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Taking a good look at mine I noticed she was leaning as well. I took her apart to check on the foot and it I could see mild don't really want to say damage but some kind of wear on the joint. Like the one side is getting slowing eroded. I notice just walking around can make the umbrella shake and probably the cause. For me her foot is also less then a millimeter above the base. I decided to stuff some tissue paper down into the base socket hoping it will help brace the statue better and protect from more wear and tear. It has helped the lean a little bit already as well.

The peg won't go down all the way. Is this caused by the metal peg being too long or the cast around it? Anyone experienced this?

On a couple of SS statues I've had to take an X-Acto knife and clear out the peg hole from either dried up pooled paint or the peg not getting cut out properly at the factory, after that I can usually get the peg to fit flush

Taking a good look at mine I noticed she was leaning as well. I took her apart to check on the foot and it I could see mild don't really want to say damage but some kind of wear on the joint. Like the one side is getting slowing eroded. I notice just walking around can make the umbrella shake and probably the cause. For me her foot is also less then a millimeter above the base. I decided to stuff some tissue paper down into the base socket hoping it will help brace the statue better and protect from more wear and tear. It has helped the lean a little bit already as well.

Keep an eye on the peg. Some people had their Wolverine LSF develop a serious lean and then the peg just snapped off and down the statue went. So keep an eye out for cracks.

Keep an eye on the peg. Some people had their Wolverine LSF develop a serious lean and then the peg just snapped off and down the statue went. So keep an eye out for cracks.

What the ....?! For real!? That better not happen to Gwen!

Damn it ...I'll need to keep on eye on that. Even tho there's no lean so far.

Back