Statue Gwen Stacy Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had mine for a few weeks now but haven't had a chance to check her out. Looks like I had better do so this coming week... :(

Yikes, I've had mine for almost a month. Only opened the box to check contents and any major flaws. I should probably put her on the base to make sure it's flush

I've read through about 20 pages of this thread... Is the leaning/falling a huge issue or spotty?

Because anecdotally, 100% of these I've seen or been sent photos of are falling or have fallen.

I got my first, looked great. Took pics. Left it on the photo table...thank god I did because i came home 5 hours later and she'd fallen. Had she been on display she'd have taken a Koto or Sideshow item with her.

Contacted Sideshow, they sent me replacement body only. After 2 weeks the body had shifted to about a 25-degree tilt.

Now they have sent me an RMA slip and they're going to send me an entire new Gwen...but I'm wondering if I should just go refund?

I do the podcast Marvelicious Toys and 2 listeners have e-mailed saying theirs are falling or have fallen. Then another listener sent me a pic from Forbidden Planet in NYC--Gwen is in a glass case there, but propped up by a corner of the case--she is completely touching the glass.

It seems like a flaw to have a statue so weighted to one side only be attached by one tiny peg (especially since the other foot is touching the base).

But I'm not seeing tons of reports of this here, as I would expect.

Any more info to be had?

image.jpg

Yea, same here. I keep wondering if she will eventually start to lean.

Definitely is a candidate for lean issue. Hopefully I am wrong

There's gotta be a way to make a lighter umbrella. Just for display purposes and keep the original umbrella on the side to show off the Spidey design.

Back