Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting.
I don't know anyone personally that uses the mini shells.
What kind of range are you getting from those?

Thanks for the range report. :hi5:

I'm still breaking in my 930 spx with federal buckshot but after I get some more rounds thru it I was going to try some off the 2 3/4 low recoil rounds from fiocchi. I've used them in my sons 590 and they are easier on the shoulder.

Got a good cash deal on a nee gen4 Glock 19 at the gun show today. First one I've owned that came with the beaver tail straps. Anyone use them? I'm thinking of trying them.

That KSG is awesome. I'm jealous.
I'm curious to how well the chamber switch feature works. Have you used it? Have you tried using different ammos?
The switch worked fine for me, but I wasn't doing anything speed intensive. I was just out there kicking around and shooting a couple boxes of ammo. I brought some buck, bird, and slugs out there with me.

Oh wow I like your KSG, to bad we can't have this here in the Netherlands.
And what are those grips on your CZ P-09?
It is not a Talon grip?
The grip is a Pachmayr grip sleeve that I repurposed from a Glock 19. Unfortunately I don't think Talon makes these for the CZ P07/9 pistols (At least when I looked I don't remember seeing anything)
Interesting.
I don't know anyone personally that uses the mini shells.
What kind of range are you getting from those?

Thanks for the range report. :hi5:

I was shooting the mini shells about 25-30 feet. And it tore up the target and the pallet it was attached to. Lots of fun. My first order of business was to get a Limbsaver recoil pad for it. I'll give it another go next weekend if I get a chance to go out to the range.

~~Overall impression is that it's awesome!!! But, the KSG isn't replacing anything that's been around on the market. Especially when you look at prices. I got mine for around $1k after shipping and transfer fees, and I know there's a lot of other shotguns out there for less that can do the same thing the KSG does. Sooo with that said if you're looking for something for self defense this does the job, but if $$ is a factor I'd just get a Mossberg for less money.

I was shooting the mini shells about 25-30 feet. And it tore up the target and the pallet it was attached to. Lots of fun. My first order of business was to get a Limbsaver recoil pad for it. I'll give it another go next weekend if I get a chance to go out to the range.

~~Overall impression is that it's awesome!!! But, the KSG isn't replacing anything that's been around on the market. Especially when you look at prices. I got mine for around $1k after shipping and transfer fees, and I know there's a lot of other shotguns out there for less that can do the same thing the KSG does. Sooo with that said if you're looking for something for self defense this does the job, but if $$ is a factor I'd just get a Mossberg for less money.

That would be my primary reason for getting a KSG. Self defense and maybe tearing things up at the range for kicks. That's why I asked about the range you're getting from the mini shells. And let's face it... it's a b@d@ss looking piece too. :)

Thanks once again for the feedback. :duff

I think I've decided on my big 2014 purchase. I typically get 1 big gun purchase per year. This year it was the Tavor, last year it was a Scar 17. I think I'm gonna go and see about putting a deposit down at my LGS this weekend.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLVc41A6Hd8[/ame]

any idea on the price?

Right at the $2k mark. The fancy suppressor they are offering for it is around $300 + plus the NFA stamp. I just read the description again, and just noticed that a reflex sight is included with the purchase price. Nice!!! Ready right out of the box.

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-MPX-C-Carbine-MPX-C-9-T
https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/...uer-MPX-9mm-357-Sig-Silencer-Kit-SDMPX-C9-KIT

~~Is it bad that I have a "christmas money" savings account just for gun/fun money?

Last edited:
I don't know why I keep looking up 44 magnums on the internet. I have 2. I don't need another one.

But they do look sexy...

Right at the $2k mark. The fancy suppressor they are offering for it is around $300 + plus the NFA stamp. I just read the description again, and just noticed that a reflex sight is included with the purchase price. Nice!!! Ready right out of the box.

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-MPX-C-Carbine-MPX-C-9-T
https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/...uer-MPX-9mm-357-Sig-Silencer-Kit-SDMPX-C9-KIT

~~Is it bad that I have a "christmas money" savings account just for gun/fun money?

Now, that's a sweet firearm right there.

I think mine will be a Scar this year. Or an F2000. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Nothing against the F200, but here's my vote:

2vjwoeu.jpg

~~I need an updated pic as I've added some new stuff to it lately.

I must say, you have a very nice gun collection.
Where I come from we can only have 5.

Thanks!! Only 5?? I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish that other firearm enthusiasts around the world could enjoy the same luxuries that we in the US do despite recent efforts to change that. If you're ever in the states and visiting the Florida area we'll have to have a range day!!!

Here's a current pic of the Scar. I just put the VLTOR stock and the Midwest Industries Extended Rail. Next up I'm going to install an AAC Breakout 51T adapter for my pending SDN-6 suppressor. I hope the tax stamp for that gets approved before my next birthday, but I"m not entirely optimistic anymore.

10h8w9l.jpg

+1 SCAR 17.

Pretty damn light for a .308 rifle and accuracy out of the box is even more impressive.

I'm still looking for a good reflex sight to mount offset and have been debating whether or not I should just use my Leupy Deltapoint. Problem is, I would be taking it away from my AR if I did. :(

Any suggestions would help!

The Scar platform is a great system. Too bad I didn't get the chance to play with them when I was in the Army (they were fielded a few years after I got out). Depending on whether or not I really get that Sig MPX I might just get a Scar 16 for the wife so I can replace my AR, and so she can leave my 17 alone.

Hey doods. Are Del-ton lowers any good? Or am I much better off getting a bushmaster for 100 bucks more? I'm thinking of putting together my first build. Thanks

Hey doods. Are Del-ton lowers any good? Or am I much better off getting a bushmaster for 100 bucks more? I'm thinking of putting together my first build. Thanks

Del ton lowers have received nothing but praise around here.

Del ton lowers have received nothing but praise around here.

Cool man thanks! It's 100 bucks cheaper too! I realized I want an ar but just don't have the coin to buy it all at once. But I can get a completed lower and then wait on the rest til I have the money for the upper.

Cool man thanks! It's 100 bucks cheaper too! I realized I want an ar but just don't have the coin to buy it all at once. But I can get a completed lower and then wait on the rest til I have the money for the upper.

I can't think of a single reason to pay more for a Bushmaster than the Del-Ton. It's a better platform for building your rifle. I know a lot of people like their Bushmasters, I don't. That Del-Ton will last you for a long long time.

Back