Greggo's Star Wars Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greggo, why don't you go work for Sideshow so we can get some better paint apps.... I don't buy the human figures because I thought the sculpt weren't that great. Seeing your work I now see there's nothing wrong with the sculpt but it's the paint job that really isn't that great. If I buy a human dollie can I send you the head for a repaint??? :lol (no really) Absolutely oustanding work!!!

Thank you so much! I would love to do some paint apps for sideshow. There sculpts are normally very good indeed. If Sideshow was to contact me then I would be more than happy to help out. Yeah you can send your head or heads no problem at all buddy.

The Hasbro version from Episode I is great, and very underrated. This is an old pic I took of a repaint I did back in '02 (hope you don't mind me posting it)

mace021.jpg

I have the Hot Toys Jackson sculpt that I want to make Mace from, but haven't gotten around to it. It seems a little small.

The Hasbro version from Episode I is great, and very underrated. This is an old pic I took of a repaint I did back in '02 (hope you don't mind me posting it)

mace021.jpg

I have the Hot Toys Jackson sculpt that I want to make Mace from, but haven't gotten around to it. It seems a little small.

Wow yeah That is a very good sculpt not to mention a beautiful repaint wicked mate. I think the Mace Windu I have here is a mould off a Hot toys one but I could be wrong lol.

So a big update to this thread today. Starting with another paint job for Bmarz1000 Han Solo New Hope version. Enjoy.

img3464at.jpg

img3465dl.jpg

img3466nm.jpg

img3467vt.jpg

img3468dd.jpg

img3470n.jpg

The New Hope Gang all together. You can see that each head has a slight different shade to their skin. I followed reference closely to get the skin tones as spot on as possible.

img3478mt.jpg

img3479t.jpg

img3480w.jpg

wow greggo, just really another amazing Leia repaint. As soon as I buy another doll you're getting the head for a repaint, man....again, just awesome !!!

The New Hope Gang all together. You can see that each head has a slight different shade to their skin. I followed reference closely to get the skin tones as spot on as possible.

img3478mt.jpg

img3479t.jpg

img3480w.jpg

WELL THAT'S MY DREAM LINEUP RIGHT THERE. Awesome work, now I have to pull my finger out. :lol

Wow! That Leis is freaking fantastic!

Another great sculpt ruined by SSC paint apps. Super repaint, you really bring it to life.

They are.....what to say.......FAAAAAAAAAAAAANTAAAAAAAAASTIIIIIIIIIIIICLYYYYYYYYYY AAAAAAAMAAAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIINGLYYYYYY WOOOOOONDEEEEEERFUUUUUUUUL

freakin awesome.....:clap

these should be the industry standard.

greggo you & silentsurfer please go give some tutorials to ssc's factory painters please.....:pray:

Here's a little teaser what's coming next. We are using a Medicom R2-D2 that I have weathered up to look like a certain swamp planet. Enjoy guys and gals there will be much more to come.

img3619m.jpg

img3620y.jpg

img3621f.jpg

img3622a.jpg

img3623b.jpg

img3624qo.jpg

img3625x.jpg

img3626r.jpg

img3627j.jpg

My next Star Wars repaint is Bespin Luke Skywalker. Now at first glance what on earth were Sideshow Thinking? But like all of Sideshow works I knew there would be a likeness under there. But once I removed all the paint something was still bugging me big time. Most people think the eyes are to big. But he is very wide eyed in really life and in Empire and Jedi after the accident his eyes look a lot bigger.
My problem was the depth of his forehead. The hair looks to flat so I added more hair. After doing this I believe there is something there, what do you guys think?

lukenrewhairfront.jpg

lukenewhairleft.jpg

lukenewhairright.jpg

Back