Green Lantern: The Motion Picture

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has paid off because I'm not shocked by it entirely as much as some in here. Its funny how a good number of people in the thread could give a ____ about Green Lantern but are in here complaining about it. The Sinestro conceptual was shown off a long time ago as well as a couple of others so while it was interesting to see what they chose and how it looks on Reynolds, the actual idea of the organic construct isn't new. You think it sucks. I don't. I think its different and there are some tweaks that need to be made but overall I'm willing to give it a chance and excited for it because its about time that Green Lantern was given a proper movie.

It has paid off because I'm not shocked by it entirely as much as some in here. Its funny how a good number of people in the thread could give a ____ about Green Lantern but are in here complaining about it. The Sinestro conceptual was shown off a long time ago as well as a couple of others so while it was interesting to see what they chose and how it looks on Reynolds, the actual idea of the organic construct isn't new. You think it sucks. I don't. I think its different and there are some tweaks that need to be made but overall I'm willing to give it a chance and excited for it because its about time that Green Lantern was given a proper movie.

:lecture :exactly: :yess:

We knew this suit was coming the conceptual for Sinestro was out for a while now....well the real fans knew....the johnny come latelys are dumbfounded....

20100128-green-lantern-concept-art-sinestro.jpg

Yeah, I remember that. Didn't like it then, don't like it now. Hopefully Sinesto doesn't have the full goatee and long hair. Give him his mustache and nazi haircut and he will look fine. I guess its too late about the suit though.

We knew this suit was coming the conceptual for Sinestro was out for a while now....well the real fans knew....the johnny come latelys are dumbfounded....

20100128-green-lantern-concept-art-sinestro.jpg

But how many people knew or guessed that the entire suit would be completely CGI? Because there is no regular suit. Every shot of Reynold's in the GL suit will be 100% computer generated. This is what the real "suit" looks like:

460468845309ec26a6d5o.jpg

I like the suit, personally. I think yous guys are being too hard on it, based on one single promo image that likely won't reflect the final effect 100% anyway.

It just needs some more color imo. Thats it.

I don't think so really. They are, after all, "green lanterns". The green suit makes sense since its supposed to be a living light construct and the lanterns light is green/emerald.

I would also guess that the suit won't be as stagnant as you see in the pictures. I get the feeling that the living light construct will be pulsing a bit with a "flow" to the light that makes it look alive.

Teaser Trailer but yes, the biggest rumor is that footage will be shown. If I catch one glimpse of one of the Aliens, Sinestro or the transformations I'll be in heaven. Of course expect the CGI just like in the Iron Man teasers to be a bit rough.

I still think it does, but that the photoshop effect is throwing things off. We'll know for sure next week, especially if the rumors about the trailer debuting there turn out to be true.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.
When Iron Man was first revealed in preview pictures he had a very unrealistic look about him.
I am sure the finished product will look much more accomplished than this.

As for the style, I have liked it since the concept drawings

Anyone worried about Blake Lively's acting chops needs only to watch the few moments of her in the trailer for Ben Affleck's THE TOWN (which, by the way, looks amazing):

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QQ7wcayQQLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QQ7wcayQQLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

She'll be just fine.

I don't think there is anything to worry about.
When Iron Man was first revealed in preview pictures he had a very unrealistic look about him.
I am sure the finished product will look much more accomplished than this.

:exactly:

Hell, almost all early promo pics of characters like this suck. I'm sure that he'll look terrific on screen, along with the rest of the characters.

Back