Great DC 1:6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No kidding, I had no idea. That's great stuff then, and I agree your current work is even better. But still, dude...you rock. :thud:

The site or the figures?

The work on display is incredible, it's very disrespectful to say otherwise.

oh God!! your right. How rude of me to treat a grown man like a.........grown man. Its CLEARLY OBVIOUS that the correct thing to do was treat this adult with kid gloves & give unconditional praise in the same manner a parent loves & praises every scrap of wack crap their children make in craft class. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

But all kidding aside I was not aware that this was a forum member's personal work. I was under the impression that he was simply posting a link to a site that sells 1/6 figs. Now......with that said, I still think the work is very home made looking & I stand by my original statment.

Why? Because I respect the artist enough to offer up my honest opinion. Can I ask a question? Is that what you guys do.....you know post your thought, works, or feelings all under the unspoken pretense of fishing for emotional reassurance & support?

Dude, I'm a grown ass man who engages others in an adult respectful way. Hand holding & rocking you on my lap in a rocking chair is simply not in my mental profile.

oh God!! your right. How rude of me to treat a grown man like a.........grown man. Its CLEARLY OBVIOUS that the correct thing to do was treat this adult with kid gloves & give unconditional praise in the same manner a parent loves & praises every scrap of wack crap their children make in craft class. :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

But all kidding aside I was not aware that this was a forum member's personal work. I was under the impression that he was simply posting a link to a site that sells 1/6 figs. Now......with that said, I still think the work is very home made looking & I stand by my original statment.

Why? Because I respect the artist enough to offer up my honest opinion. Can I ask a question? Is that what you guys do.....you know post your thought, works, or feelings all under the unspoken pretense of fishing for emotional reassurance & support?

Dude, I'm a grown ass man who engages others in an adult respectful way. Hand holding & rocking you on my lap in a rocking chair is simply not in my mental profile.

The problem with your original stament is not that you offered your honest opinion, it's that you did so with absolutely no sense of tact.

Might be the same guy from the DC Boards who was slamming customizers there. Either way, honesty and politeness aren't mutually exclusive. Real 'grown ass' men know this.

arjoker5.jpg

That looks like some guy made it in his basement. I'd never want that on my shelf next to all the crummy bashes I've attempted to make on my own and the few Hot Toys figures I was able to afford. Don't waste our time with this crap. Why would we wanna see this stuff when we can just look at a billion threads of Hot Toys Joker repaints and rooted hair???

:dunno

Seriously, cool find. Steven's come a long way. And that's saying something because I think most of that stuff's pretty cool. Better than anything I could attempt. Looks better than Hasbro stuff from 10 years back and on par with most of the DC Direct 13" figures I've seen pictures of.

spense, i've never seen this work before. i actually think it's pretty amazing. and a great chance to see the evolution in your work. i'm glad someone posted this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be the same guy from the DC Boards who was slamming customizers there. Either way, honesty and politeness aren't mutually exclusive. Real 'grown ass' men know this.

I am no advocating being rude, but sometimes blunt things need to be said in order for a person to improve their performance/work.

If an individual can't take tough, rude, blunt, and overly critical comments then they should not put their work out for public consumption. Lastly, whether or not a comment is rude or tactful or not is sometimes based on perception. Supremqueen's comment on a public board may seem rude, but if he made that same comment in person it may be interpreted differently based on his facial expression and body language. Sometimes it's difficult to determine "tone" from an individual's post.

Back