Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

So in order to play gtv 5 on 360 you have to install one disk, then take that out then put in the other disk to play? is the correct or am I reading that article wrong:panic:

Yes, there's too much data to fit on one disc so part of the game is installed, and to verify that you own the game it still requires a disc to play (otherwise they'd install both discs).

The PS3 uses Blu-ray discs so they have enough space for all the game files on one disc and can just run it from there.

And the link I posted was mainly about how to install it in a way that would avoid lag during gameplay, supposedly the game is a bit laggy if it's installed on the console.

Yes, there's too much data to fit on one disc so part of the game is installed, and to verify that you own the game it still requires a disc to play (otherwise they'd install both discs).

The PS3 uses Blu-ray discs so they have enough space for all the game files on one disc and can just run it from there.

And the link I posted was mainly about how to install it in a way that would avoid lag during gameplay, supposedly the game is a bit laggy if it's installed on the console.

Thanks for your help:hi5:

So its looks like the bottom line is he needs a memory up-grade to play, I can help him there if the old 360 hard drive can fit on the newer basic 360's. anyone know if that's the case, if so I make the drive over to him with it now, his got ants in his pants to play this game:lol

Wow now I know why I hardly ever use my ps3 , because the pad is designed for people with tiny hands.
I'm getting cramp in my hand due to the way the controller
Needs to be held.
How are people finding the Xbox version? Does it run ok?
Also my concern is you can't install the full game meaning the Xbox will be loud as hell

Wow now I know why I hardly ever use my ps3 , because the pad is designed for people with tiny hands.
Needs to be held.
Also my concern is you can't install the full game meaning the Xbox will be loud as hell

Going to install and play mine tonight when home from work; will let you know!

Going to install and play mine tonight when home from work; will let you know!

Cheers buddy. , I don't know if it is the fact my hands are so use to the Xbox pad but the thumb controllers seems to far in and the pad feels very small causing cramp in my fingers.

Needs to be held.

I have Man hands and i have never had a problem with any Playstation Controller . IMO the xbox controller is too bulky and odd.

I have Man hands and i have never had a problem with any Playstation Controller . IMO the xbox controller is too bulky and odd.

:exactly:

I tried the Blimp finally. The height in which you can fly it is insane! I jumped out with Michael and it took awhile to land :lol

I'm biting the bullet and holding off. I'll be done with my XB360's in a couple months and moving to a PS4. No sense in buying it for a system I'll be done with in a couple months. It'll be out, sometime, on the PS4. When? Who knows?

I'm biting the bullet and holding off. I'll be done with my XB360's in a couple months and moving to a PS4. No sense in buying it for a system I'll be done with in a couple months. It'll be out, sometime, on the PS4. When? Who knows?

Rumour is there's already PS4 code in the game.

Nybody else have to delete half there games to play this ?

I have one of a day 1 Xbox360 with only a 20gig drive ...13 of which is the OS. All you have to do is buy a 32gig USB drive and leave it plugged into the machine as a 2nd hard drive ...and no worries, you can install the 8gig for GTA5.

Initial game thoughts:

The graphics aren't nearly as good as the pics and previews made them out to be .... I don't think they are as good as Arkham or Max Payne 3 which was considered a sort of alpha for GTA5.

However, Max Payne3 and other games are much smaller in size and I've been impressed with how far the draw distance is and how much is happening on screen in GTA 5.

Everything feels much more alive than GTA 4 and all the controls and mechanics feel just that little bit tighter.

I spent 5 hours just messing around, travelling around the map in various ways. Will start the actual missions tonight.

Just looked it up, the old 20GB does not work on the newer console model

Actually it does. But you have to red neck it.

You can open up the old 20g hard drive and take out the memory card (it looks like a thick credit card) and slide that into the port on the new 360connects. It very hard to get out though, you need pliers to pull it out and can easily break it in there. It works as long as you maybe leave it in there.

Saw a video on youtube of a guy doing this.

Anyway this game is great. I don't like Franklins character though, wish we could only play as Michael, don't really care for the switching back and forth.

I have one of a day 1 Xbox360 with only a 20gig drive ...13 of which is the OS. All you have to do is buy a 32gig USB drive and leave it plugged into the machine as a 2nd hard drive ...and no worries, you can install the 8gig for GTA5.

Initial game thoughts:

The graphics aren't nearly as good as the pics and previews made them out to be .... I don't think they are as good as Arkham or Max Payne 3 which was considered a sort of alpha for GTA5.

However, Max Payne3 and other games are much smaller in size and I've been impressed with how far the draw distance is and how much is happening on screen in GTA 5.

Everything feels much more alive than GTA 4 and all the controls and mechanics feel just that little bit tighter.

I spent 5 hours just messing around, travelling around the map in various ways. Will start the actual missions tonight.

I'll take that over graphics any day. I was pretty impressed, too. I took the blimp up in the air and could see for miles.

Back