GOTHAM - BATMAN Prequel TV Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some problems with this show. I think Bullock is being wasted. They need to darken this show and get Bullock's hands filthy. IMO Gordon should sort of "fix" Bullock as the show goes on while Gotham "ruins" Gordon. Bullock will become disappointed in Gordon for starting to break his own rules and when Gordon is at his breaking point and about to go past the point of no return, Batman shows up and does the dirtiness for him. This theme was touched on in TDKR but not really explored in the Nolan trilogy. They did it more with Dent. Anyway, why is Dent so old?

Another problem I have is I think they started off wrong. The Waynes should have been there for like 3 episodes. Gordon comes in and they do great things and Gordon thinks "See, we really can do some good here" then BAM the Waynes are dead and Gotham is in a tailspin. The writers already established crime families, it would have been nice to see them struggle against the Wayne's influence. Not to mention you would actually feel the loss of the Waynes AND we would get to see Bruce the way he was before the murder.

Another problem I have is I think they started off wrong. The Waynes should have been there for like 3 episodes. Gordon comes in and they do great things and Gordon thinks "See, we really can do some good here" then BAM the Waynes are dead and Gotham is in a tailspin. The writers already established crime families, it would have been nice to see them struggle against the Wayne's influence. Not to mention you would actually feel the loss of the Waynes AND we would get to see Bruce the way he was before the murder.

That actually would have been a nice idea.

Yep, like when Smallville had Jonathan in so many seasons and when he died, he was missed. You think WB would learn

This show still hasn't managed to get better than average for me so far. It was nice to see the Swede being as creepy as ever, but I didn't get much else out of this one.

The Penguin's scheming sycophant routine was fun at first, but it's starting to wear thin on my nerves.

Did anyone else here the joker at arkam?when the inmates were running over that old nurse/patient,just before it cuts to next scene you here a pretty distinctive hahaha he ho haha laugh.i had to rewind to double check and it is pretty clearly a nod to the joker

Did anyone else here the joker at arkam?when the inmates were running over that old nurse/patient,just before it cuts to next scene you here a pretty distinctive hahaha he ho haha laugh.i had to rewind to double check and it is pretty clearly a nod to the joker

I did hear it but had no idea what it was or who it was.
I'll have to re-play it and check it out.
Nice catch! :goodpost:

This show is still so scattered and uneven. It's sad to see good actors and great production continually wasted on such weak, unfocused material. Drivel dialogue, awkward info dumps, wildly shifting tone, if this didn't have DC characters no one would watch. A big mess.

^^^
Perhaps that's why I just can't get into this show. I have them all on DVR, but don't really feel the want to watch them. I've watched a couple, but I don't really care what happens to anyone on it. My daughter says that it's probably because there aren't any superheroes in it. I guess I kind of get what she means, it's a cop show set in Gotham. Gordon isn't all that interesting. Penguin probably the most intriguing.

There are lots of the characters you've heard but they are all in their youth.
There are also a bunch of villians and characters I have not heard of,such as last nights show.
I like the show but it is a little slow to get doing.
Nice cast though....

The show really needs to focus more on the gangsters, Gordon, and the cops. Enough with the little kids and Gordon's lesbian "girlfriend."

This! :lecture

This past episode was good, but the parts with Ivy and Gordon's lesbian, toxic drug addict were pure crap. The woman just cannot act. It seems everyone is all over Fish and want her gone, but I actually think she brings something to the show. She has a plan and manipulates people and is a polarizing character. The actress who plays Barbara is nice to look at, but a terrible actress. The character brings nothing to the show and needs to go...soon.

Holy *****e! I thought the actress who played the crazy nurse looked familiar. It was Alyse Beasley (Agnes DiPesto) from Moonlighting! Wow! Loved that show back in the day.

Last edited:
Yeah the lesbian parts are so STUPID!!! The chick cops tries for all of last year to get Barbera back and after banging for awhile, she decides they should not be together cause they were so toxic...thanks writers for wasting so much screen time on such a crap plot.

Back