GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An angry one would be nice but that's a little too rich for me on this.

Custom stuff is never cheap, just check the for sale section of the forum. Unless you get the mass re-produced from China.

Sculpting... molding... casting... prep for paint.. paint to match. It all adds up and takes a good amount of time. Message him on his facebook, the numbers above are all ballpark that he threw at me.

Custom stuff is never cheap, just check the for sale section of the forum. Unless you get the mass re-produced from China.

Sculpting... molding... casting... prep for paint.. paint to match. It all adds up and takes a good amount of time. Message him on his facebook, the numbers above are all ballpark that he threw at me.

I understand all that; I'm just not gonna pay 2/3 of the original price of the figure for a single face. To be honest I just assumed this would be coming from China. Made by some guy in the US, the cost makes more sense.

I understand all that; I'm just not gonna pay 2/3 of the original price of the figure for a single face. To be honest I just assumed this would be coming from China. Made by some guy in the US, the cost makes more sense.

actually no matter where it's done, it's going to cost more if it custom done.
only way you are getting a cheap version of this is if someone (here or overseas) decides to machine a mold and injection mold the parts for mass distribution. running individual parts and painting in small batches, it's always going to cost as labor prices are expensive if a machine isn't cranking them out in a color matched injection molded plastic resin.

actually no matter where it's done, it's going to cost more if it custom done.
only way you are getting a cheap version of this is if someone (here or overseas) decides to machine a mold and injection mold the parts for mass distribution. running individual parts and painting in small batches, it's always going to cost as labor prices are expensive if a machine isn't cranking them out in a color matched injection molded plastic resin.

This is pretty much what I'm counting on anyway; that's why I said I was thinking China. It's pretty much a no brainer to come up with some additional faces and mass produce them. I guess I don't know how popular GotG is in China though; the thread isn't super active.

it would honestly be a super cheap cash grab for ht to put out a 2 pack kit w/ 2 faces and a set of hands... people would dump $50 i bet without blinking.

wow, thats a bit too rich. for an extra $$ on top i could get a second figure and just mess with the spare heads. or get someone to mess with the spare heads. lol

wow, thats a bit too rich. for an extra $$ on top i could get a second figure and just mess with the spare heads. or get someone to mess with the spare heads. lol

So let me get this straight... for a $50-$60 raw custom angry head... you rather pay an extra $160 and then pay someone to mess with the spare heads and maybe get an angry head sculpt.

LOL WHAT

Time is $ and $50 for a custom raw head is very reasonable.

Again.. I gave HIGH ballpark figures. He hasn't even completed it yet. Message him on his facebook page.

27067498_1598317170245144_8368122820034912654_n.jpg

I just talked to him...

Final price is $50 for raw and $85 fully finished/painted. Message him to purchase once finished.

Price is fair in today's market. Most heads are 70 to 100 with a 200 paint job for quality. Some of you, I assume, don't bother with custom heads. Nothing wrong with that. But this is a very fair price when keeping in mind what goes into the process and comparing to current markets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Price is fair in today's market. Most heads are 70 to 100 with a 200 paint job for quality. Some of you, I assume, don't bother with custom heads. Nothing wrong with that. But this is a very fair price when keeping in mind what goes into the process and comparing to current markets.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thank you... I can't wait to see the sculpt finished.

Yes I'm the same. Need to see the final product before shelling out that type of money.

But am glad someone is doing one so we at least have the choice.

27067498_1598317170245144_8368122820034912654_n.jpg

I just talked to him...

Final price is $50 for raw and $85 fully finished/painted. Message him to purchase once finished.

see, thats a bit reasonable to me. i know custom work is expensive, "reasonable" is purely preferential. :]
120 was too rich for me, coz i can add 60 more to get another full set of groot. :]

Ugh, I knew the little sprout things would be an issue and I saw a few that feel off onto the shelf he was on. Now a few weeks later and an unrequested dusting and vacuuming by the wife and they are gone, lost about 3 of them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah the sprouts are a pain. Hopefully someone is smart enough to realise they can make a bit of extra cash selling knock-off or 'spare' sprouts on ebay :p Not all the holes are cut deep enough, too, so you can barely wedge some of them in there.

Back