GOTG Vol. 2 - Groot Life-Size Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I think I have a small detonator here, somewhere.... umm... where is it... grr... oh, HERE IT IS!

KXBvWO9.jpg

Fq6g770.jpg

KlEltEp.jpg

Oh man, that's great! I love it!!

Just got this cool little Groot statue to help make the wait for the HT life-size Groot a bit easier. For 7" tall this piece is really loaded with detail.

0606171014a.jpg

0606171014b.jpg

0606171015.jpg

0606171015a.jpg

0606171017a.jpg

0606171018.jpg

Last edited:
THat is awesome...what figure is that?

Not sure - there's no markings. I got it on ebay from one of many sellers in China (that's where they all seem to be located - so they took about a month to arrive). There's a bunch of different versions. I got this one for my Wife:

0603171747.jpg

0603171749a.jpg

I didn't want to start a thread for them without knowing their exact origins. They came in boxes with the Marvel and SDCC logos (not that means a whole lot coming from China). Whatever the case, they are very well done.

That's a cool way of doing the rock base to support the detonator too. Will need to see if that is somehow possible with plaster or some sort of building material.

Of course he isn't posable like the HT version, different head sculpts etc. But looks like he's pretty good quality.

By the way I really hope HT change the head sculpts on theirs. Haven't seen or heard anything on that. Maybe there will be some more info at SDCC ??

Modeled and printed the batteries to test size and shape. If they look good I'll do some major smoothing and sanding and use these as a master to mold the batteries in clear resin so lights can be put inside.

19b118ec1f9cf300c770f79aa81eac1c.jpg
9b7a67feb1ed73abdacfbe9b4e323d6a.jpg
0b8131134af17f5e0cfed9a41f8a1354.jpg

Still disappointed they didn't do a screaming head sculpt. It seems so obvious to me to do.

Yeah i agree. They're all so similar headsculpts too.

No doubt Budget heard something regarding Marvel direction. Which is nonsense on Marvel's part. There are plenty of other versions with screaming headsculpts. Any little kid who can't handle someone getting angry shouldn't be watching any of these movies.

I don't know......

Still have plenty of time :lol

Haha yeah it looks like it. I did some work last night preparing the print parts for molding. I also reprinted new buttons at a higher resolution for molding as well.

I'm still looking for an image of the broken button that was mentioned perviously so I can sculpt that properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt Budget heard something regarding Marvel direction. Which is nonsense on Marvel's part. There are plenty of other versions with screaming headsculpts. Any little kid who can't handle someone getting angry shouldn't be watching any of these movies.
I think it was purely speculation but I totally buy it. Companies are very particular about how their IPs are represented, so I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel or Disney didn't want Baby Groot to be depicted in a screaming pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of other versions with screaming headsculpts.

The plenty of other versions with screaming headsculpts.
Are they of baby Groot from Vol.02?
Are they screen accurate or funko pops / cosbaby?
Are they licensed by Marvel?

Just asking because I would like to get a screaming or angry figure if it is licensed.

Thank you in advance.

Back