Google+ / Google Drive question for Samsung S4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking of stepping aside from the iPhone and try out the Samsung Galaxy S4. The thing is I want to have a sure thing back up for my pictures and videos, with the iPhone pictures get auto saved to iCloud. I have a lot of pictures of my nephew/niece, and over 4 years Ive built up a collection of pictures. So I would like to have them saved else where incase I loose the phone or it gets damaged.

I thought drop box but that is only 2GB worth, and as of now my iPhone says its 8.5GB of Photo and Camera. I don't have to transfer that to the new phone as I already have them all saved to my Mac as well as a USB as well. I then saw Google Drive and Google+, if I upload photos to that is it like iCloud, and is it secure to where no one can look around? I also don't fully trust a large SD card as some people had issues with corrupted data on them.

Also made a google+ account solely for the phone and account stuff, as I wanted to keep this and my youtube channel separated.

Why not load all those pics onto a disc or stick? If they're that important to you, it wouldn't hurt having a hard backup.

using google+ with pictures on private, so that is alright. not sure how to auto upload to google drive yet though.

I do have a lot of pictures saved in several areas. Im was concerned about that I don't always backup my phone right away, sometimes its days or so before I back it up. Or even so if I loose the phone after pictures are videos are taken then I at least have them backed up somewhere online. I think I have it alright setup for my moms samsung now. Though mine phone upgrade isn't ready like i thought it was (att said eligible, BB set not till 12/10/14).

Back