Good Hotel in San Diego for SDCC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adnan,
Click the link down toward the bottom for the .pdf

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml

Should someone wait until March 18th to book the Con prices and fail, expect the hotel to be completely sold out. If it's not, you can expect to pay just about double the prices you see on this list.

th_sad.gif

Thanks for the link Samantha. :D

Okay, general question. What's the name of the hotel that's either attached to the convention center or right across from it? And are the prices for that hotel in the $250-$350 per night price range?

I know, there's such a thing called the internet for such info but I'm just lazy now. :lol

Adnan,
Click the link down toward the bottom for the .pdf

https://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml

th_sad.gif

Okay, general question. What's the name of the hotel that's either attached to the convention center or right across from it? And are the prices for that hotel in the $250-$350 per night price range?

I know, there's such a thing called the internet for such info but I'm just lazy now. :lol

So there was a hotel prices link from the page provided above.

Looks like the the SDCC headquarter hotel is the Hilton San Diego Bayfront at $278 per night. :rolleyes:

Embasssy suites is $220 - 4 blocks away.
Horton Grand Hotel is $204 - 2 blocks away.
Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is $221 - 1 block away.

Its just not worth paying out the nose for a hotel. All you do is sleep a few hours a night there and store swag. Just go as cheap as you can get without being too far away from the convention center or a trolley line. I've always had luck with the hotel circle area for a little over $100 a night per person. My Dad and I already have our flights, hotel, and rental car booked and it was around $1200 for the two of us. Not bad at $600 each (not including con tickets or food of course).

Its just not worth paying out the nose for a hotel. All you do is sleep a few hours a night there and store swag. Just go as cheap as you can get without being too far away from the convention center or a trolley line. I've always had luck with the hotel circle area for a little over $100 a night per person. My Dad and I already have our flights, hotel, and rental car booked and it was around $1200 for the two of us. Not bad at $600 each (not including con tickets or food of course).

Good info to know. Thanks

I just updated/changed my reservation. American Express travel is awesome to deal with. Actually saved me $40 to change reservations. And got a much better location, from Goodnite inn at Chula Vista to 500 W Broadway, which sounds like it might be within (a long) walking distance of the convention center. One negative, they have community bathrooms, ~1 restroom per 3 guests, but I can deal with that, as I really don't spend much time in the bathroom to be honest. The rooms are private/lockable, so its not a hostel.

On my previous two visits, my hotel was always a 20-30 minute car ride away, and that made it tough to go out in the evenings, because lets face it, after a long day of being at the con, once you get "home," the last thing you feel like doing is going back out. So this should help that it's right in the city.

Edit: this is the location

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="https://www.mapquest.com/embed#b/maps/m:map:10:32.704966:-117.148697::::::1:1:::::::::/l::500+W+Broadway:San+Diego:CA:92101-3506:US:32.71577:-117.16783:address::1:::/e" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

That's an awesome deal. I'm driving, but still paying $500 for hotel for 4 nights ($150 of which is covered by reward points).

Last edited:
But if you want to hang out in a corner and talk to no other Freaks, which some do, you're allowed. I'm warning you though- I love to mingle and I do walk around to read people's name badges and say Hi!

Hey, the spawn group welcomed your "liquid courage" energy to the corner. Gotta play some pool this year.

I was planning on going this year for realz and my wife's cousin planned he's freaking wedding on the very same weekend of SDCC, they announced this in August of 2009, I was like YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING Me........ :banghead :banghead :banghead

Maybe you could explain to them the percentages of marriages that end in divorce, and with that said, you missing the wedding wouldnt seem so bad

It's really funny when you have Freaks in your cellphone under their board names! :banana :lol :lecture

I do that. Its usually listed as First name, and then board name entered as last name

so, if your looking for a hotel still

Super 8. Nothing special. Like Mr. Munch said, its all about finding some place to sleep and store your stuff.

Super 8 Sea World Zoo San Diego Area
445 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108 US

still has opennings at $85 a nite, and I mapquested it, and its 5.4 miles away from the con. Even with a cab, thats not bad. I stayed there my first Con year, SDCC 08, and it worked out fine. Last year, I stayed at a friends house.

Thats your ticket right there. find someone local, make good good friends, and then crash there the following year.

Of course, after staying there last year, I wasnt invited back this year. Take that as you will

I dont know which one you are talking about. But, this year, I treated myself to The Omni. Its $279 a night, but I got 3 bunk mates. So for 4 days, Im only paying $279.

View from the hotel:

sdcc09007.jpg

sdcc09006.jpg

Wohooo!!!
Only 3 months to go!!! :rock:rock
BTW guys, my brother in law moved to San Diego recently and he's renting a small room @ a student hotel for $205.00 a week,
I forgot the name of the place but I'll find out.
There's a few of those in Downtown too.

Wohooo!!!
Only 3 months to go!!! :rock:rock
BTW guys, my brother in law moved to San Diego recently and he's renting a small room @ a student hotel for $205.00 a week,
I forgot the name of the place but I'll find out.
There's a few of those in Downtown too.

That would be awesome except I'm not going to go anymore. Its going to be too pricey and for the amount I'd pay to go to the con, I can go to 2 other shows. But please find out the name so I can have it for next year.

I posted this on the other thread but whatever:

OK....Soooo I'm late in the game here...but I still wanna see if it's possible for me to go this year!

My main problem is that I don't have tickets nor a place to stay. :lol

So:
1. If anyone knows how I can get some tickets let me know.
2. If anyone has a little room for me...or knows of a place I can stay thats not TOO expensive and is not sold out...let me know!

I'm not 100% sure if I can go yet...but if things play out good theres a high chance! I hope it turns out good cuz I really wanna go. :(

Anywayz thanx! :D

I posted this on the other thread but whatever:

OK....Soooo I'm late in the game here...but I still wanna see if it's possible for me to go this year!

My main problem is that I don't have tickets nor a place to stay. :lol

So:
1. If anyone knows how I can get some tickets let me know.
2. If anyone has a little room for me...or knows of a place I can stay thats not TOO expensive and is not sold out...let me know!

I'm not 100% sure if I can go yet...but if things play out good theres a high chance! I hope it turns out good cuz I really wanna go. :(

Anywayz thanx! :D

I've got u Bam. :rock

Back