Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, the American military never learns in these movies. Wasting all those million dollar missiles and over priced F35s on Godzilla.
The rap music was horrid as was the reintroduction of sad misunderstood young girl wunderkinds having the solution and connection to these creatures.

Holy crap that rap music was embarrassing it totally ruined Godzilla?s reveal and almost the entire trailer :slap

I completely agree with Jye on the music. It took me right out of it.

I definitely am in agreement about the terrible rap music. That crap does not go well with anything.

The rap music was horrid

Sounds a little like you guys are reprimanding the young whipper-snappers. :lol

The trailer music reminded me of something, I couldn't place it till now:

Pretty standard at this point. I think the worse a movie does at the box office, the more desperate and mass-pleasing the studios go with their trailers for the next one. We got a taste of it with the marketing for KOTM and that movie was a financial disappointment. Here we are now. Same thing happened with The Predator.

The canisters around Kong's neck clearly are the key to him being enormous. Also the Godzilla that is causing trouble is clearly Mechagodzilla in disguise.

It the very beginning of the trailer if you frame by frame after the explosion we get a fairly good shot of what looks like mechagodzilla's head and neck passing over the top of those people fleeing.

Also in the scene with kong swinging the flying moster it looks like it's taking place inside some kind of hollow earth type location. There's what looks like mountains coming down from the sky.

So why is godzilla suddenly like, half the size he normally is?

I think it's an impostor. Kong will take him out early and then the real bad guys will use the body to make mechagodzilla and they'll unleash a whole slew of mecha monsters and kong and the real godzilla will team up to take them out.

This I like.

Incidentally , the origins of Monster 0 , known as Ghidorah , was from aliens.

The even reference it in KOTM saying Ghidorah DNA is not native to the planet. They pretty much say he is alien.

Both Ghidorah and Gigan are alien in the original films. Would be great to have mechagodzilla and Gigan !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I definitely am in agreement about the terrible rap music. That crap does not go well with anything.

There's this big build up in the trailer that culminates with, "yeah... come on...yeah....*mumble mumble mumble*".

It's like the equivalent of someone honking a bicycle horn to hype you up.

Edit: yeah, those things in those screengrabs are exactly what I was talkibg about, thanks.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Looked good to me. Jye is a negative Nelly :lol

:lol

I do think it looks good and yes the tail strike was goosebump worthy

It the very beginning of the trailer if you frame by frame after the explosion we get a fairly good shot of what looks like mechagodzilla's head and neck passing over the top of those people fleeing.

Also in the scene with kong swinging the flying moster it looks like it's taking place inside some kind of hollow earth type location. There's what looks like mountains coming down from the sky.

You can just make out a tail all the way in the background swinging causing the destruction but I can’t tell if it’s a mechanical tail or just Godzilla’s tail

There's this big build up in the trailer that culminates with, "yeah... come on...yeah....*mumble mumble mumble*".

It's like the equivalent of someone honking a bicycle horn to hype you up.

Edit: yeah, those things in those screengrabs are exactly what I was talkibg about, thanks.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

Looked good to me. Jye is a negative Nelly :lol

:lol

I do think it looks good and yes while the tail strike was cool these movies have been severely lacking in action

You can just make out a tail all the way in the background swinging causing the destruction but I can?t tell if it?s a mechanical tail or just Godzilla?s tail

Last edited:
Pretty awesome looking, very excited to see it and it's not that long to wait.

As for the sizing--Kong has gotten bigger somehow, I'm guessing they'll explain in the movie but that was always the intention when they announced that they were doing this movie. Godzilla is the same size as before. Though I would say I hope they do a good job in the film of showcasing the scale because the last movies have done really well with that, but the shots here are very much like Pacific Rim 2 which lacked a lot of the weight of scale

My worry is we spend half the movie with the little girl, and she finds herself sitting in the middle of the battlefield. I will walk out if that happens LOL.

O yea. Like a transformer situation where it cuts away to some loser human running instead of the stuff we actually want. Like who cares. My main gripe with kotm. Following that little girl around instead of watching the monsters fight

Keeping the human interaction to a minimum is the main issue people have complained about since the first movie but the film makers just can't seem to help thrmselves for some reason.

Studio "What can we do to make the movies more entertaining?"

Fans "Less boring human character drama, more monster action."

Studio "Ok, but what if the boring human character drama involves brand new boring characters? Yeah, you're gonna love it."

O yea. Like a transformer situation where it cuts away to some loser human running instead of the stuff we actually want. Like who cares. My main gripe with kotm. Following that little girl around instead of watching the monsters fight

Transformers???? Hell thats what the last Godzilla film was guilty of... I wish the two Godzilla movie gave us the type of action the transformers films gave us in terms of showing off the robots in battle

Looks like toys of Mecha G on display.

142631449_3524203561009056_5062039959025412564_n.jpg

Yup that’s the tail in the background causing the destruction in the opening shot of the trailer

WB does it again :yess:

Oh and that is one dumb looking MG lol

Hopefully he looks better in the movie

Last edited:
Transformers???? Hell thats what the last Godzilla film was guilty of... I wish the two Godzilla movie gave us the type of action the transformers films gave us in terms of showing off the robots in battle

Yea I know right? Enough of that dark rainy crap or cutting away. I can?t believe they kept doing that. Who the hell wants to watch humans in a movie about a giant monster?

I know they did it back in the day but this is a different time. We shouldn?t have to wait for the monster anymore or cut away from action scenes .

Back