Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wake up babe, the new Godzilla -1.0 trailer dropped.

This is looking dark, tragic, hopeless and horrific…and I’m all for it! I’ve always wanted a Godzilla movie like this. That last shot of the trailer is just perfect.

The title is really corny especially when they say Minus 1 :rotfl

I feel like i’m doing math.

Poor Japanese they suffered through two atomic bombs but no matter how serious they want me to take Godzilla, even in 2023, the dialogue remains corny as af lol

89 design married with 2000 looks great though!

Last edited:
So in other words Shin Part 2 lol
Eh kinda? I think setting the movie right after WW2 and possibly dropping a 3rd US nuke (at least that’s what I think is going to happen based on how angry and bloody Godzilla is at the end of trailer) on Japan makes it a little heavier. The nuke was teased in Shin but it never happened. Plus this looks like it’s going to carry the same dark tone that ‘54 had.

Everything about the visuals looked incredible. They’re really getting to a point where the full CGI Godzilla looks as real as a real suit although I still hope as an homage they throw in a quick scene of a new actor wearing the suit.

C’mon TOHO you can do it.

As an American fan, regardless of the outcome, Godzilla ‘98s release was one of the most exciting times ever in my life as a Godzilla fan. The internet still wasn’t that big back then, so it was the first time being surrounded by Godzilla, toy aisles, tv ads, it was everywhere and it was exciting, hell even the Wallflowers and Puff Daddy videos were on MTV and VH1, we got a cartoon series. They may not have delivered with the movie, but the hype was on point.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

1a.jpg

As an American fan, regardless of the outcome, Godzilla ‘98s release was one of the most exciting times ever in my life as a Godzilla fan. The internet still wasn’t that big back then, so it was the first time being surrounded by Godzilla, toy aisles, tv ads, it was everywhere and it was exciting, hell even the Wallflowers and Puff Daddy videos were on MTV and VH1, we got a cartoon series. They may not have delivered with the movie, but the hype was on point.
Still holds the record for most disappointing movie experience of my life.

And I knew not to expect much
1. I hated ID4 - I hated the cheese
2. I hated the design
3. I had heard no atomic breath
4. I had read interviews with the producer and director and they had no love or respect for the originals.

And yet none of that prepared me for the **** fest I was about to witness :lol

Still holds the record for most disappointing movie experience of my life.

And I knew not to expect much
1. I hated ID4 - I hated the cheese
2. I hated the design
3. I had heard no atomic breath
4. I had read interviews with the producer and director and they had no love or respect for the originals.

And yet none of that prepared me for the **** fest I was about to witness :lol

So for me, I was 13 years old when the information started to come out and I had thoroughly loved ID4. The only look I'd had at the design before the film was the figures and an image of the maquette, all of which portrayed a more traditional Godzilla posture. I heard nothing about his breath or anything about the producers, so all I had was pure hype.

So for me, I was 13 years old when the information started to come out and I had thoroughly loved ID4. The only look I'd had at the design before the film was the figures and an image of the maquette, all of which portrayed a more traditional Godzilla posture. I heard nothing about his breath or anything about the producers, so all I had was pure hype.
You should have been more disappointed than me when you saw the final film ;) :lol

Was 7. I remember seeing the feet in the trailer and poster and thinking that looked more like trex than godzilla. Then I saw the way he would walk and he didn’t walk like traditional godzilla. Still was excited cause it was godzilla and the hype was huge. I remember getting a crappy toy that foot broke. The toys for him kinda sucked tbh.
Saw the movie . Liked the design as a kid but grew up and ended up hating it and realizing he was weak and sucked. Read how the makers were such ass holes to the source and how they pushed for the design or else they weren’t going to do it.
Still it’s nostalgic for me and it’s a great design. If he stood upright and was like the fox version of the character then he would be worthy of the name .
Honestly I think that’s the last time godzilla ever had such a drastic design change.

Was 7. I remember seeing the feet in the trailer and poster and thinking that looked more like trex than godzilla. Then I saw the way he would walk and he didn’t walk like traditional godzilla. Still was excited cause it was godzilla and the hype was huge. I remember getting a crappy toy that foot broke. The toys for him kinda sucked tbh.
Saw the movie . Liked the design as a kid but grew up and ended up hating it and realizing he was weak and sucked. Read how the makers were such ass holes to the source and how they pushed for the design or else they weren’t going to do it.
Still it’s nostalgic for me and it’s a great design. If he stood upright and was like the fox version of the character then he would be worthy of the name .
Honestly I think that’s the last time godzilla ever had such a drastic design change.

Design changes aren’t necessarily an issue for me so long as you keep to the spirit of the character. There have been many Godzilla designs, some I love, some I dislike, but he always feels like Godzilla in the movies. The ‘98 film didn’t feel like Godzilla, which makes the design less acceptable. Even though the movie is called Godzilla, I watch it more as a fun giant monster movie and can enjoy it that way, but if I was feeling the need to watch a Godzilla movie, it would not be in the list of choices.

I don’t know how or why Godzilla is he Series was able to depict the design in a more traditional way with posture and heat ray and fighting other monsters, but it’s a fantastic show.

Design changes aren’t necessarily an issue for me so long as you keep to the spirit of the character. There have been many Godzilla designs, some I love, some I dislike, but he always feels like Godzilla in the movies. The ‘98 film didn’t feel like Godzilla, which makes the design less acceptable. Even though the movie is called Godzilla, I watch it more as a fun giant monster movie and can enjoy it that way, but if I was feeling the need to watch a Godzilla movie, it would not be in the list of choices.

I don’t know how or why Godzilla is he Series was able to depict the design in a more traditional way with posture and heat ray and fighting other monsters, but it’s a fantastic show.
I think it was cause the movie makers didn’t care about godzilla and it was evident. They were very disrespectful. So when the cartoon came about they didn’t have control on how he acted so they made him the traditional Godzilla.

Back