Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F9FrS6ja0AA60bL

I can’t wait to get figures of this

Same here, I've already got the SHMA on order, looking to get the Ichibansho too, there's also a 6" Banpresto coming for only $30, and given a cheap enough option I may bite on the Bandai MMS vinyl. This has edged Shin out of my top 5 favorite designs.

Same here, I've already got the SHMA on order, looking to get the Ichibansho too, there's also a 6" Banpresto coming for only $30, and given a cheap enough option I may bite on the Bandai MMS vinyl. This has edged Shin out of my top 5 favorite designs.
What previous Godzilla do you see in this design!

What previous Godzilla do you see in this design!

I see a number of influences, not including Yamazaki's previous designs of Godzilla.

The overall body proportion have a very Heisei feel to them, although the shorter tail is more akin to Showa designs.

As JAWS mentioned, the gills and overall skin texture definitely have a Legendary influence, as do the eyes.

I also see influences of the Stan Winston Godzilla design that was never used.

It feels like they took a lot of the good parts from many different designs, I like the added detail like the Legendary Godzilla, but it's in a style overall that's similar to many of the Japanese ones. Godzilla in general has a design that's very different from many other creatures in movies.

Back