Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Godzilla thread, FLOSI. 1964 is one of my favorite MonsterArts. He's very nice. That price is just about right for Godzilla Jr. He's super tiny, but no too bad at $35.

Thanks, Ben! And thanks for all the advice you've given me with this line. We can just chat here now instead of PMing about it all. :lol If you had a smart phone I would be able to text you pics! ;)

Just watched Godzilla V Destroyah last night, so I'm pumped. :rock Speaking of Destroyah, I noticed he's still for sale at retail price on Amazon.... Is he worth 150? I know he's a lot bigger than the heisei Godzilla.

Thanks, Ben! And thanks for all the advice you've given me with this line. We can just chat here now instead of PMing about it all. :lol If you had a smart phone I would be able to text you pics! ;)

Just watched Godzilla V Destroyah last night, so I'm pumped. :rock Speaking of Destroyah, I noticed he's still for sale at retail price on Amazon.... Is he worth 150? I know he's a lot bigger than the heisei Godzilla.

I do think he's worth it. When he sells out, his price will just keep going up and he's a pretty huge figure. I'd also keep Biollante in mind as well. She'll probably be the next to sell out.

Destoroyah is a pretty massive figure, the wings are delicate and look great. The best part about the figure is the paint apps. They're really detailed and vibrant.

Is he worth $150…no not really :lol but I paid the price and love the figure…so I guess it worked out okay. Biollante is crazy though. Didn't regret one dime I spent on her, I've wanted a top notch Biollante figure since forever. Get that one definitely.

... ...

image.jpg

Godzilla Jr. and 64 arrived yesterday! I feel like a dope for spending $125 on the 64, but it is a great figure. Just about perfect with the exception of the large space between two of the plates on his back where the torso joint is. I'm sure this has been mentioned a ton in this thread but Tamashii need to include a little more with every release. The 64 is just the figure and nothing else.... Atomic breath would have been nice.

Jr. is was cool for the 35 bucks I got him for! Like Ben was saying, it feels closer to being the right price than $50 would have. :lol

Tohokingdom did an interview with Tamashii and the accessories was one of the questions, apparently America is the only market that likes the atomic ray effects and such so they stopped including them with figures and started the limite accessory packs for those really wanting them.

If you like the SHMA figures, I suggest checking out NECA's Godzillas, not as good as SHMA but very similar and only $20
and can be found right in Toys R Us lr anywhere NECA is sold.

At times I wonder if I would have been content with Neca had I just bought those instead, but at this point it's pretty hard to change it up...

Too bad about the accessories thing, Sean... Those are some of my favorite parts! I need to get the other accessory pack with the buildings and rays.

At times I wonder if I would have been content with Neca had I just bought those instead, but at this point it's pretty hard to change it up...

Too bad about the accessories thing, Sean... Those are some of my favorite parts! I need to get the other accessory pack with the buildings and rays.

Understandable, the SHMA's are sculpted by Yuji Sakai, who in my opinon, is the best Godzilla sculptor ever, so NECA is not likely to come close, other than their 2014 Godzilla, Japanese artists all seem to take liberties with the design and I haven't seen one sculpt of any kind from there that looks just like the movie where NECA's is a spot on representation.

Neca also has the advantage of using the 3D CGI model when prepping their 2014 figure where as everyone else is doing it by hand. If you take a step back, look how NECA's Godzilla 94 and 85 look. Those are hand sculpted by NECA. If they had done the same with their 2014 figure, it would look just as fugly/cartoony as their 94 & 85.

Neca is good, but not THAT good.....their godzillas, with the exception of 2014, are caricatures.
That said, so are the bandai America vinyls, but the bandai 2014 though sculpted with less finesse than the Japanese counterpart, has a more dynamic and aggressive sculpt.

I'm not knowledgable enough of all the small Godzilla changes within each era to know how accurate each figure is, like I would be with a SW item, for example. I have heard the 2014 Neca is quite nice though. As adult collectors we get hooked on the presentation and at times mistake price point for quality. Perhaps that's what draws me to Monsterarts over Neca but I also know that Monsterarts is a dedicated line that will continue over the next few years while Neca may or may not continue to make their figures. Anyway, I'm happy with Tamashii.

Back