Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my MonsterArts Destoroyah from Amazon today, grand total of $136 with free two-day shipping. Great figure, but obviously not as flexible as Godzilla due to the spikes and armor plates. One gripe I can think of is the segments of the wing membranes feeling really flimsy. The joints holding them in are extremely small so I think they'll fall off for quite a few people and will have to be reinserted with an easy *snap*. It's not a breakage issue, just a minor annoyance.

Snapped a few quick pics:

erkksz.jpg

2ed49yg.jpg

ws0kkl.jpg

j628b6.jpg

nesu3s.jpg

2v3keax.jpg

And some updated shots of my MonsterArts shelves. Please excuse the dust; I'll be buying a can of compressed air one of these days to take care of it. :D

24e2hxz.jpg

6hn4ue.jpg

I personally think he's worth $136 more than Ghidorah's worth $150. The latter was just a weird release. I couldn't resist because King G is such a classic monster, but with the QC issues and simple paint job, it's harder to see where all that extra money goes. Destoroyah on the other hand is easily the most visually-impressive piece in the line so far IMO. That might change once Biollante's out.

Yeah he's definitely an eye catcher. Visually stunning. My only disappointment with him is no effects parts. At the price I can understand why. But a cool "laser sword" effect that you could slip over his horn would have been neat.

Perhaps it will come with the evolution set.

Please produce Biollante :pray:

Does anyone have a Gabara figure from All Monster's Attack (Godzilla's Revenge)? I know it's among the worst Godzilla films, but I would love a figure of this red-headed beast.
Gabara.gif

There are some new X-Plus announcements. Final Wars Godzilla and Gamera '95, both done in the 30 cm scale.

Additionally, I've heard some rumors that Diamond might be distributing X-Plus figures through Previews magazine in the U.S., so it might get a little easier to get X-Plus figures in the U.S.

Final Wars Godzilla

godzilla2004_30_01.jpg

godzilla2004_30_02.jpg

godzilla2004_30_03.jpg

godzilla2004_30_04.jpg

godzilla2004_30_05.jpg

Gamera '95

gamera1995_01.jpg

gamera1995_02.jpg

gamera1995_03.jpg

gamera1995_04.jpg

gamera1995_05.jpg

Gamera looks fantastic! As for Diamond distributing X-Plus, I wonder if the prices will be more affordable?

Yeah he's definitely an eye catcher. Visually stunning. My only disappointment with him is no effects parts. At the price I can understand why. But a cool "laser sword" effect that you could slip over his horn would have been neat.

Perhaps it will come with the evolution set.

Please produce Biollante :pray:

I wonder if the newer figures will have any effect pieces included. The shop I buy the from has been arguing with Diamond as the re-releases of the Godzilla and Mecha-Godzilla don't come with the fire breath accessory even though Diamond still has them shown in the pictures for the product. They are charging the same price, yet not including the most basic pieces that came with the original release.

I wonder if the newer figures will have any effect pieces included. The shop I buy the from has been arguing with Diamond as the re-releases of the Godzilla and Mecha-Godzilla don't come with the fire breath accessory even though Diamond still has them shown in the pictures for the product. They are charging the same price, yet not including the most basic pieces that came with the original release.

I heard about that happening with Godzilla, but not Mecha G. I'd be pretty annoyed too. It seems to me like they're done with effect pieces. The last four figures haven't come with any. Little accessories like mazer tanks and choppers, are neat little additions though. My guess is the cost to produce these things is steadily climbing, and including accessories isn't cost effective anymore.

I don't think '64 Godzilla is coming with anything, but King Kong looks pretty bountiful. The multiple head sculpts are appreciated.

Here's a basic, poorly lit and unfocused :)lol) shot of my Monsterarts collection. Such great figures. I hope they continue for years to come.

img7953wm.jpg

Got em all except Little Godzilla...I'll probably wait to get him, till he's sold out everywhere and going for hundreds of dollars on the after market :lol

I'm really impressed by the paint work on Spacegodzilla and Destroyah, they just really pop out amongst them all, and it's especially impressive since these are super articulated figures and at most $150, when you look at some of the paint jobs from X-Plus and the fact they're viny statues but cost $150-$200, you really feel the value for your money with Monsterarts, plus they're Sakai sculpts which means highly accurate work.

I think that's why Space G and Destoroyah are my favorites of the line. Their paint apps are something else. So intricate and clean. Virtually no slop.

Sometimes I question whether or not the price tag on these figures is worth it. After seeing the amount of care and quality that goes into each figure that comes out, I can easily affirm that they are definitely worth it.

Back