Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing about Omega Beast I'll say is that since their pieces are mostly hand sculpted they aren't necessarily as accurate as they should be with some more exaggerated details. They're cool, but I'd probably stick with X-Plus or Prime 1 for the 2019/2021 Godzilla that are based off the digital files.

The one thing about Omega Beast I'll say is that since their pieces are mostly hand sculpted they aren't necessarily as accurate as they should be with some more exaggerated details. They're cool, but I'd probably stick with X-Plus or Prime 1 for the 2019/2021 Godzilla that are based off the digital files.
I think the same goes for Spiral's '98. The sculptor for one of these projects said they wanted to pay homage to the hand-crafted animatronic, but
• like it or not, the CG creature is what most people associate with the movie (and I say this as a huge fan of practical effects)
• the animatronic wasn't used very much
• the animatronic was massive enough that the surface details didn't look "sculptorly" or impressionistic like these statues do

Last edited:
O wow 1000 plus? Yea no. I also like the 98 design but I’ll only pay like 200 for it. Xplus Godzilla figures have great quality anyway. Pretty much the hot toys of Godzilla right now.

Is X Plus doing a 98 version?

If they did I could see it being a FW version but I highly doubt we will see one. Maybe if they see other companies are selling 98's and making good profits on them, X-plus will want to join in.

XPlus did a Deforeal '98 Godzilla, so I can for sure see them doing a regular version. They're going to run out of other Godzillas eventually haha

They actually did G98 way back in the day.

343834999_2.jpg

Which is why I’m perfectly happy with my X-Plus Gigantic 2019. If I ever upgraded, it would definitely be a Prime 1, but definitely not anytime soon. The Omega Beasts are great for their artistic approaches. I do have to admit though, their new closed mouth Shin Godzilla looks amazing.

Great detail on the Ichibankuji figure, I have a lot of the DBZ stuff.

A 98 version of this would be exactly what I want. A smaller, detailed figure that's not $1000.
Totally agree. I don’t think I would even shell out X-Plus 30 cm or Daikaiju money for 98. An Ichibankuji figure would be perfect.

Back