Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After missing out on the MTime '19 statue, which I didn't even know about until well after people were getting it, I was hoping Prime1 would blow out of the gates with the Legendary statue to end all statues. Kinda bummed they're going with busts first, especially when these probably won't ship for half a decade...

F3XXQM6.jpg

So am I the only one who thought GvK was a terrible movie? It is the worst among the 4 movies. I actually liked 2014 the best. I loved 2014's story, cinematography and sense of scale of the monsters which I didn't feel in KOTM and GVK.

So am I the only one who thought GvK was a terrible movie? It is the worst among the 4 movies. I actually liked 2014 the best.

I enjoyed it thoroughly but thought certain plot points were silly. I think it'll be fun to re-watch this with my kids. 2014 Godzilla was my favorite of the 4 as well. Followed by Skull Island and then this. King of the Monsters was the worst in my mind. Except for the introduction of Rodan - that was very cool.

I don't see how anyone sits through the newer American movies. I know things look better slowed down due to the immense scale but the scenes look too slow to me. And don't even get me started on plot, acting, etc... I don't go to movies to watch video game cut scenes only.

I'm only halfway through G v. K but I'm liking it a lot so far. I re-watched the 2014 recently and liked it enough. I enjoyed Skull Island but KotM didn't do anything for me for some reason. I want to re-watch it and see if I can get into it.

So far I think this one is my favorite of the US ones.

2014 is like twice as enjoyable now that the 4K is out, I actually want to watch since now I can see it all. Half the movie being a dark blur on the original transfer just really ruined the experience.

2014 is like twice as enjoyable now that the 4K is out, I actually want to watch since now I can see it all. Half the movie being a dark blur on the original transfer just really ruined the experience.

Yea, it was way too dark. GvK doesn't suffer from this. I really enjoyed GvK. There were some silly parts,
but overall I think that it is my favorite Monsterverse movie.

Yea, it was way too dark. GvK doesn't suffer from this. I really enjoyed GvK. There were some silly parts,
but overall I think that it is my favorite Monsterverse movie.

I'll find out about GvK in about 26 hours, can't wait.

I don't mind the silly in the movies. I feel like there's this mindset in so many people that a movie made today can't be silly or campy like a 60's Batman episode, but I think it's totally fine in a series that has a history of it.

I feel like the MonsterVerse has been following the evolution of the Toho films. Godzilla 2014 and KSI to an extent were your serious intro films like Gojira (not saying they're as well made, just saying their tone) and quite different from films to follow. KOTM was like a 60s Showa era film, and from what I gather, GvK is a mix of 70's Showa and Heisei.

I'll find out about GvK in about 26 hours, can't wait.

I don't mind the silly in the movies. I feel like there's this mindset in so many people that a movie made today can't be silly or campy like a 60's Batman episode, but I think it's totally fine in a series that has a history of it.

I feel like the MonsterVerse has been following the evolution of the Toho films. Godzilla 2014 and KSI to an extent were your serious intro films like Gojira (not saying they're as well made, just saying their tone) and quite different from films to follow. KOTM was like a 60s Showa era film, and from what I gather, GvK is a mix of 70's Showa and Heisei.

That's a very good way to describe the Monsterverse, and I agree with you.

So am I the only one who thought GvK was a terrible movie? It is the worst among the 4 movies. I actually liked 2014 the best. I loved 2014's story, cinematography and sense of scale of the monsters which I didn't feel in KOTM and GVK.

You're not alone. I watched GVK Twice.. and I can't put it any higher than 4th on my ranking. It doesn't feel like a Monsterverse movie. It more feels like a really sloppy 'here you go, we've hyped it up since Kong Skull Island and here it is'. It just wasn't epic enough I feel like.

It's not a good movie, but it's a good movie about a gorilla fighting a lizard, and that's all I was expecting. I'll never watch it again, but I'd watch the fight scenes again.

I need some advice. I've got a case of monstermania going on right now. I passed on the KOTM Neca and SHMA releases from a few years ago. Now I'm looking to get Rodan and Mothra, and dammit, I can't decide if I should go with Neca of SHMA. From what I can tell, each has pros and cons, but it's hard for me to get a sense of them given that they are so similar. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks. FWIW, I've got the SHMA GvK figrues on order, and I'll probably sell a kidney for Ghidorah before long. Just go SHMA all the way?

Rodans are pretty comparable between them, though NECA's has a cooler base. NECA Mothra's colors and details look better. At this stage though, you could probably find the SHMA for retail and NECA on the aftermarket would probably run you the same if not more, so it may be a matter of price as much as anything.

Back