Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LL1kBwm.jpg

xUQXL9S.jpg

anyone know the dpci code for Neca Godzilla 1989 and 2003? Can't find the codes online.

anyone know the dpci code for Neca Godzilla 1989 and 2003? Can't find the codes online.

Most likely won't help you track them at Target. Whenever I've scanned a Neca product at Target for a price check it always came up as 0 in stock. When I scanned the '89 Godzilla, it said 0 on hand even though I had 1 in my hand and 5 more were on the shelf.

Back in the day I lost my **** when I found this at a local drug store.. I wanted a poseable Godzilla more then anything...

That's how I felt seeing the Imperial Godzilla and Trendmasters lines in store. Hell, even the MonsterVerse products in stores has been exciting.

Kids have no idea how good they got it.. Those shelves should be cleared out.

They don't care, Godzilla isn't reaching kids today like it did back in the day. I got exposed to Godzilla through Saturday morning creature features, it was just on, and there weren't many channels so you would have tried it almost for lack of options. With so many options today, kids are only going to be exposed to Godzilla growing up in families that already like it.

I've show them to my sons and it doesn't really interest them right now, and they're 6 and 7. I was into Godzilla at 4 years old.

Some new shots.

G4RGQUj.jpg

Imei6Nz.jpg

Back in the day I lost my **** when I found this at a local drug store.. I wanted a poseable Godzilla more then anything...

View attachment 493061

Kids have no idea how good they got it.. Those shelves should be cleared out.

:lol

I still have that!! And Trendmasters made one in the 90's too that I have as well.

godzilla bendy.jpeg

Somewhere in a box that is. And I had the Shogun Warrior Godzilla. But alas that is one of the few toys from my childhood I somehow didn't manage to hold on to. I think his tongue broke and the lever snapped off. And may have broke his launching fist peg, so maybe my mother threw him out back in the day. But I'd say somehow I've managed to hold on to a good 85% of my childhood toys into adulthood. Although in the 90's when Ebay started I did sell a lot of stuff off.

Hey MaulFan, on your photos, do you just happen to have a huge "Tokyo playset in 1/144 scale", or are you photoshopping them?:rotfl
Either way the photos are great and look perfectly vintage Toho.:clap

Hey MaulFan, on your photos, do you just happen to have a huge "Tokyo playset in 1/144 scale", or are you photoshopping them?:rotfl
Either way the photos are great and look perfectly vintage Toho.:clap

Photoshop, I do have a small city worth of prop buildings I'm working on making but that's had a set back in production speed, so for now I'm doing Photoshop. I have a lot of photos from '84, I went through them all and pulled out images I really liked that could also have the Sakai figure superimposed in them and look fitting.

That's how I felt seeing the Imperial Godzilla and Trendmasters lines in store. Hell, even the MonsterVerse products in stores has been exciting.

They don't care, Godzilla isn't reaching kids today like it did back in the day. I got exposed to Godzilla through Saturday morning creature features, it was just on, and there weren't many channels so you would have tried it almost for lack of options. With so many options today, kids are only going to be exposed to Godzilla growing up in families that already like it.

I've show them to my sons and it doesn't really interest them right now, and they're 6 and 7. I was into Godzilla at 4 years old.

Some new shots.

G4RGQUj.jpg

Imei6Nz.jpg

If you like dinosaurs you?ll like Godzilla. That?s how I got into it. This dinosaur movie with all these commercials from old dinosaur movies on it

Yeah I got into this and Kong from King Kong vs. Godzilla. Loved them both and then got into anything with giant monsters and dinosaurs. I know this may sound dumb, but at this point in time I feel like there just too much content. There's just so many movies and TV shows out there, even if you limited yourself to 'quality' stuff, it's just hard to keep up. Then you have kids shows where there's a million things just on Youtube they could watch. It's not surprising kids don't really get into Godzilla anymore, even back then I have 3 brothers and I basically had to force anyone else to watch them with me.

I found both the 89 and 03 at Target last night. Yay, but the end of an era. There really wasn't another "body style" I wish Neca would have done, the 1970's ones were kinda silly. What I really wished that Neca could have done was ANY King Ghidorah, but alas, it was not meant to be....

I think the Godzilla license is in good hands now with playskool their KG is going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back