Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would imagine that’s done purposely as a cost offset, getting Sakai’s sculpts probably costs more than their in house sculptors, so to keep prices close to their other releases they cut back on some of the production. Dry brushing may not seem like much, but if I had to look at where you could cut something out and not ruin the figure, that would be my first choice.

I am glad to see that there isn’t a seam on the right leg where the electronics are added to the RIC. I tried shining a light inside to see if the spines would glow since they have the blue tint but they’re not translucent.

I would imagine that?s done purposely as a cost offset, getting Sakai?s sculpts probably costs more than their in house sculptors, so to keep prices close to their other releases they cut back on some of the production. Dry brushing may not seem like much, but if I had to look at where you could cut something out and not ruin the figure, that would be my first choice.

I am glad to see that there isn?t a seam on the right leg where the electronics are added to the RIC. I tried shining a light inside to see if the spines would glow since they have the blue tint but they?re not translucent.

:lol :lol :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do too, but I hope they release it next year so I can afford it, though I won’t blindly buy one, I have to like the sculpt.

vcsFb8k.jpg

Nice pic, I should've gotten that guy.

But on another note, Bandai showed off a special color version of Biollante for their Monsterarts line! I've been waiting years for a reissue, can't wait to be able to order that! One of my favorite Godzilla movies and so glad to finally be able to grab that guy.

Well, unfortunately GVKs release is questionable, it could be late 2021 before it comes out and the Playmates contract is going to continue until that comes and probably sometime after, so NECA may not have an option for years, but they were really pouring a solid effort into the figures of late, so I can see them starting up again in the future given the chance.

Luckily, the MonsterVerse is likely done with GvK and Godzilla’s design won’t change much so I feel less need for NECA figures from it, would have been good to get some kind of Legendary Kong from them.

I’m not really looking for anything new Godzilla, so I’m less bummed about this than I might have been at another point in time. What sucks is that it means there are few options for a 2019 Ghidorah and any hope of NECA coming around are totally out the door.

And now the last two Neca Goji are pre-sold out everywhere. Everything was fine, coasting along, then Neca decided to throw blood in the water.:lecture:slap
Hopefully I will find them at Target or FYE.

And now the last two Neca Goji are pre-sold out everywhere. Everything was fine, coasting along, then Neca decided to throw blood in the water.:lecture:slap
Hopefully I will find them at Target or FYE.

Honestly there's SO MANY Godzillas at Target that I don't think it'll be an issue. Can't find a single turtle but if I want to pick up the entire current NECA Godzilla line I'm fine to do that.

That's probably for a second run, BBTS sent out an email they were restocking. They also jacked the prices to $29.99.

Those are prototypes, too. Look at how fake the scars on Kong's chest look, almost like they were painted in Photoshop. If the KOTM merchandise was any indication, these will look like bootlegged garbage on release.

In all seriousness, does Playmates think we'd prefer foot swivel over an arm or elbow joint on either of those figures?

They took a page from Mattel's Jurassic playbook. That and we're not the target market for these.

Playmates makes the crappiest toys. Everything they make is like Fisher Price kiddie stuff..

I only have a handful of Godzilla collectibles. Sucks for Godzilla collectors that Neca is no longer able to make stuff. There is of course always the Bandai S.H. Monsterarts line, but they are much pricier. Hard for big diehard Godzilla fans to buy them all.

Back