Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much change.

dMdPrVS_d.jpg

Don’t go by toys.

The 2014 Bandai figure also had a ridiculously tiny head. I don't think the toy companies nor the film's artists changed the head proportions very much.

Cool, doesn't bother me either way.

To bad all the ghidorah figures that have come out so far have been crap except S.H. figuarts but that’s almost 200 I think

Im hoping for an xplus 2019 25cm ghidorah as well as rodan. Id buy them in an instant

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I would say the drop off is comparable to the difference in NECA being $55 and JAKKS being $20.

Came up with this display for the 4” Ghidorah.

3024B683-35D7-438A-90E2-64C1D356F953.jpeg

Not much change.

dMdPrVS_d.jpg

Don’t go by toys.

I somewhat miss the old fins just because they looked cleaner. Their only problem was being too small. If the shape stayed the same and they just enlarged them to the size on the 2019, they'd be solid.

The 2014 spines were nice for their unique style, but despite liking the overall look, something always felt a bit inorganic about some of the larger ones, I like what they've done with the 2019 even more.

Can’t wait to swap in NECA Godzilla.

733615E5-E789-4C3B-84A2-599386C757B0.jpeg

0DD0AB7D-0361-4063-926C-6ABD38F145CC.jpeg

Last edited:
I got the NECA '62 Godzilla yesterday and it looks great, great sculpt. Joints were a little stiff out of the box, I even had to pry the mouth open to get the atomic breath effect in there, but it sticks in great and holds.

I also got in the Mezco Kong of Skull Island figures. I like them a lot, I got the regular and PX. Pretty good for $40ish each. Plastic feels a lot more solid on these compared to the NECA Godzilla, but should for the bit more money.

Last weekend I was in a local toy shop and they had the X-Plus Kong, it worked to get him so I did, I knew it was leaps better than the Lanard and as you see with them together, even more clear next to each other.

E6EFAAEA-42EC-4DBF-AED8-3FF60EC22EB8.jpeg

9C12EE95-77D0-499D-978A-68DA87A4B52F.jpeg

They've done a great job on their other Ghidorah releases. No reason to think they won't do the same with this one.

Any word on anyone doing a G19 statue/maquette? Kinda hoping SS learned from the last one and does a better one this time around, if at all. But if any other companies are putting out a big, premium-quality statue I would be interested.

Prime1 is supposed to have Legendary Godzilla license, probably see something at SDCC.
Holy **** I didn't know this:), judging from their inclusive line ups of movie franchises I would expect the Big four to be duly presented. And to further enlarging the black hole in my bank account.

Any word on anyone doing a G19 statue/maquette? Kinda hoping SS learned from the last one and does a better one this time around, if at all. But if any other companies are putting out a big, premium-quality statue I would be interested.

This is the best we've got so far, but if Prime 1 is doing one too then may the best statue win my money.

Scored the 12” Gozi and the 6” Ghidorah at Walmart over the weekend. The big figure is nice, but not as nice as the Lanard Kong. The Ghidorah is terrible. Loose joints that will not hold a pose and nonexistent paint apps. Looks okay in the box, but don’t take it out.

Back