Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once the Godzilla geeks saw it...I think the limited screen time if the main star and mixed reviews turned a lot of the latecomers away.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Watching it right now with my son. :lol

image.jpg

I swear that they wanted to evoke a Mothra vibe with the flying Muto.

image.jpg

Sorry for the very low light pics.

Last edited:
The flying MUTO worked out great, a number of moments evoking Rodan or Mothra while still being quite unique, when it dives into San Francisco Bay you can really see the stealth fighter influence in the wing design.

Don't get me wrong, the Heisei and Millennium series have some cool suits, I just mean that somehow shots of them make them look very much like suits vs earlier films.

Here's what I mean, look at the evolution of visual quality from '84 on, '84 and '89 have a grittyness to the lighting and the buildings and the overall atmosphere in the frame, but from '92, things are really brightly lit, in ways that clearly come from studio lighting, building almost look perfect, too clean for the real world, I don't know what happened but something got lost along the way.

20481104010_0c3063796f_o.jpg

Perhaps next year, it's been 30 years since U.S. release, whatever legal issues tied to those rights and holding up U.S. release can't possibly last much longer than that, I can't believe Toho would give up rights forever that would cost them to go against. Maybe we'll see it to coincide with the new film's release.

I wouldn't mind having everything on blu-ray and the original Japanese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla too. Between blu-ray and dvd I have just about everything other than 84, though.

I got the japanese version of Son of Godzilla from monster mania a couple weeks ago so I officially have the entire collection. Picked up Frankenstein conquers the world and varan the unbelievable and watched them for the first time. My Toho collection is something serious.

Thinking of getting the x-plus 1968. Anyone have some detail pics and some pics for scale?

Yeah that's it...when it comes to accuracy and detail keep in mind you will get what you pay for. The standard 89 is one of my least favorites. The 91 is one of the best Godzilla vinyls ever made.

Yeah that's it...when it comes to accuracy and detail keep in mind you will get what you pay for. The standard 89 is one of my least favorites. The 91 is one of the best Godzilla vinyls ever made.

thks GS :hi5:

This guy came in today!

IMG_1009.jpg

Only got room for one 2k Godzilla on the shelf!

IMG_1013.jpg

look awesome! I'm glad I'm not the only one in here that buys the monster arts figs. Seems like everyone mostly collects resin kits, etc.

Any other monsterarts you'd recommend?

Back